Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AM and Missouri placement

Started by Hawgphish, October 08, 2017, 09:45:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

They joined the SEC in 2012 and is that one of the causes of our recruiting problems?  I think it is.  We know the state of Arkansas produces very few SEC players.  But did Texas AM and Missouri joining the SEC blow up our leverage in recruiting Texas and the Mid west.  I think it did.  Is it a coincidence that we have experienced one of the worst five year stretches in Razorback history at 31-36?  I think not.  Despite building state of the art facilities, we cannot attract enough talent to win in the SEC.  I am worried that we will now become the Vandy of the West.  Even if we get an outstanding coach, can it be done now?

Hogwild

I hope they move Missouri to the West and we start playing South Carolina again from the East.

jgphillips3

It didn't help but this is a coaching failure, not a talent failure.

Hawgphish

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 08, 2017, 09:53:53 am
It is a coaching failure.  No doubt.    I do disagree with you that we have elite talent.  We are slow and we lack depth and quality talent on both lines of scrimmage and at linebacker. 

Hog N Bama

Im so tired of hearing we can't recruit to Ark. That is BS.
Put the right coach here and that won't be an issue.
And to those total idiots that said Tex A&M joining the SEC would help us? I never understood, nor bought that idea :-\

Hawgphish

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 08, 2017, 10:02:48 am
And to those total idiots that said Tex A&M joining the SEC would help us? I never understood, nor bought that idea :-\
I like your confidence.  I sure hope you are correct.  I am excited to see if it can be done.  Sure hope it happens sooner rather than later.

bulldog04

Well when you don't recruit Texas very hard how can you expect to get recruits from there? When CBB was hired he bragged how he was going to get all these players from Florida. Piss on that. Half of Arkansas's recruiting classes should be from Texas. The balance from Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri , an Oklahoma.

Hawgphish

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 08, 2017, 10:07:14 am
Well when you don't recruit Texas very hard how can you expect to get recruits from there? When CBB was hired he bragged how he was going to get all these players from Florida. Piss on that. Half of Arkansas's recruiting classes should be from Texas. The balance from Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri , an Oklahoma.
Yep, the florida pipeline just didn't happen.

bulldog04

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 08, 2017, 10:08:14 am
The ones we did get stayed in trouble.  I think CBB has realized the importance of Texas finally but it's too late

Redhogs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 08, 2017, 09:53:53 am
1000% true.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Jackpot.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Vantage 8 dude

Like so many things when it's come to recruiting :'( >:(

Lady Razorback

Recruiting is an essential part of the job description of a coach.  If there is a failure in that area, then it is the coach's fault.  If there are factors that impact an ability to recruit, a coach still is obligated to find ways to successfully reach talent. 

Lady Razorback

When Randy Shannon left, so did any of our FL recruiting.  Unfortunately.

mizzouman

October 08, 2017, 10:27:03 am #14 Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:47:50 am by mizzouman
Mizzou joining the SEC should have helped Arkansas. Mizzou left Texas and started recruiting Florida and Georgia, more in the SEC footprint.  Huge mistake which we are paying for now.  Pinkel made his living in Texas.

Hawgphish

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 10:22:44 am
Recruiting is an essential part of the job description of a coach.  If there is a failure in that area, then it is the coach's fault.  If there are factors that impact an ability to recruit, a coach still is obligated to find ways to successfully reach talent.
exactly!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 08, 2017, 09:45:53 am
They joined the SEC in 2012 and is that one of the causes of our recruiting problems?  I think it is.  We know the state of Arkansas produces very few SEC players.  But did Texas AM and Missouri joining the SEC blow up our leverage in recruiting Texas and the Mid west.  I think it did.  Is it a coincidence that we have experienced one of the worst five year stretches in Razorback history at 31-36?  I think not.  Despite building state of the art facilities, we cannot attract enough talent to win in the SEC.  I am worried that we will now become the Vandy of the West.  Even if we get an outstanding coach, can it be done now?

Our recruiting ranking has pretty much been the same for a very long time.  Missouri hasn't done much to hurt that.  The only thing is we use to be 4th in the west now we are 5th because of the addition of Texas A&M.

So now every single year we will have AT LEAST 4 teams in our own division out recruiting us no matter what we do.  We are fighting with ole miss for the 5th spot. So most years in our OWN division we will be 5th or 6th in recruiting.  Overall we will be between 9 and 12 in conference. 

We have had a bad 5 year stretch because of bad coaching not because of the addition of Missouri and Texas A&M.  Our coach has blown many games against Texas A&M and the huge blown game against Missouri last year because he is very terrible at making adjustments in a game especially at halftime. We come out flat most of the time in the second half.  That has nothing to do with adding Missouri or Texas A&M.  That is just because our coach sucks. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 08, 2017, 10:07:14 am

So true.