Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Derick Hall 4* from MS

Started by Snout team, March 19, 2018, 06:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

March 19, 2018, 06:08:03 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:04:59 pm by #hammerdown
I'm really liking these names from MS popping up.  Ole Miss and MSU are both going through chaos or transition right now.

Even if we could get one or two big time players out of that area for the next 2-5 years it could be big for our rebuild.

Imagine that during that time we build a consistent winner.  Even if OM and MSU make a comeback by the end of that time frame, our recruiting base could be expanded so that we have many more options.

I know there is some really good talent down there but they typically go to one of those two schools. 

Kenneth Jefferson is also from MS

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-recruiting-derick-hall-top-8-collin-clay-kenyon-green/amp?__twitter_impression=true

hthttps://247sports.com/Player/Derick-Hall-46050883

tps://247sports.com/player/kenneth-jefferson-90380
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

sickboy

It's pretty crazy how many cuts we're making lately of highly recruited guys. I'll give Morris and his staff credit, they are swinging for the fences and try shove their way into the big dog bowl.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Morris is hitting Mississippi like we've never done before.

I think we're in good hands.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

WaltonCollege

GoHogzzGo

What a crazy concept, mostly recruiting areas that are the closest to the UA. That other coaches often ignored for some reason. Like East Texas and Mississippi. Pulling kids from Florida is great, but much easier to get kids who only have to drive a few hours.

Great to see all the top talent who is making it for visits.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 20, 2018, 08:01:22 am
What a crazy concept, mostly recruiting areas that are the closest to the UA. That other coaches often ignored for some reason. Like East Texas and Mississippi. Pulling kids from Florida is great, but much easier to get kids who only have to drive a few hours.

Great to see all the top talent who is making it for visits.

MS is loaded with talent, now it's right in the middle of the SEC so every school can recruit it but it does seem like we could have been hitting it harder with past coaches.  Just goes back to CM's footprint philosophy. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 20, 2018, 09:24:43 am
MS is loaded with talent, now it's right in the middle of the SEC so every school can recruit it but it does seem like we could have been hitting it harder with past coaches.  Just goes back to CM's footprint philosophy.

Completely agreed. I should clarify some Arkansas coaches ignored it (not other schools), the SEC in general is all over it of course. Ditto for anywhere that is talent rich, local conferences and national powers are all over it.

Big fan of the footprint philosophy.

Hope this Hall kid likes what he sees.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

oldhawg

Quote from: #hammerdown on March 19, 2018, 06:08:03 pm

I'm really liking these names from MS popping up.  Ole Miss and MSU are both going through chaos or transition right now.

I would counter that Arkansas also has experienced a little chaos and is going through transition this year.

Snout team

Quote from: oldhawg on March 20, 2018, 04:49:24 pm
I would counter that Arkansas also has experienced a little chaos and is going through transition this year.

Way different scenario.  CCM brings an exciting brand to follow one of the lowest points in Razorback history.

Ole Miss still has a way to go before they even know how bad it is going to be.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sickboy on March 19, 2018, 06:29:47 pm
It's pretty crazy how many cuts we're making lately of highly recruited guys. I'll give Morris and his staff credit, they are swinging for the fences and try shove their way into the big dog bowl.

If they recruit at the same pace at higher levels that the Morris mantra suggests (hammer down), they'll actually touch more recruits in a shorter period of time, and that is the right strategy given our situation, IMO.

Now obviously you don't have the time to see every recruit that is out there, but you can focus on making sure you see the higher rated recruits that the big dogs want and seeing the next lower level of recruits as well, while stopping in to visit with HC's and their staffs and creating a relationship with them, who might have the occasional kid who is overlooked and underrated. You hope that in those instances, you get a call or an email about the overlooked kid.

Of course this is a numbers game but necessary if you are trying to rise to a different and higher level of recruiting. Player development is important as well, but you can't develop that which you fail to sign and you probably (in most cases) shouldn't and usually can't sign anyone who hasn't at least been on campus at some point. I like their philosophy and I hope that they continue to attack recruiting at high speed. It could very well pay dividends down the road a piece.
Go Hogs Go!

tusksincolorado

I thought at one time that the educational structure in Mississippi was in serious question...

Mississippi is ranked lasted in education...

And offsets this poor ranking with a fairly large Junior College program to educate where Mississippi Public Schools have failed.

Maybe this is why Mississippi is not successful, nor surprising, for other SEC school's recruiting, other than Mississippi Universities, who understand all the special needs of Mississippi High School graduates.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

sickboy

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 20, 2018, 09:14:55 pm
I thought at one time that the educational structure in Mississippi was in serious question...

And offsets this poor ranking with a fairly large Junior College program to educate where Mississippi Public Schools have failed.

Maybe this is why Mississippi is not successful, nor surprising, for other SEC school's recruiting, other than Mississippi Universities, who understand all the special needs of Mississippi High School graduates.

My mom was a teacher in the Pulaski school district and she'd complain every day of her life about Arkansas' education system and then she'd follow that up by saying, "it could be worse. I could teach in Mississippi."

Snout team

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 20, 2018, 09:14:55 pm

😂😂😂 This is Hogville classic right here.

Cinco de Hogo

Under the previous regime it made little sense to spent much time in Mississippi, wonder what this staff is going to do different concerning players qualifying.  My guess is the KISS principal.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Richard Davenport

Derick is looking to visit next week.

zebradynasty

Its been shameful how poorly we've recruited Mississippi over the decades!