Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

radio

Started by fishes2000, March 05, 2018, 12:29:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fishes2000

Why aren't all the games on the radio? I know Saturday's game wasn't. I looked up and down the dial for it. If you are an affiliate play the game. I realized basketball was coming on at 5 but baseball was on at 2. It wasn't on tunein either. The only place to listen was through the razorback app. I have relatives that live out in country that only have radio. Wifi not available in their area. They rely on radio for coverage. I was in an older model truck that doesn't have bluetooth and had to hold my phone to my ear to listen to the game through the razorback app. It's bad enough radio doesn't cut in during the week to broadcast the games but on the weekend is terrible. If you are an affiliate you should have to broadcast the baseball games if not on your station then a sister station. Where is the love for baseball? With basketball on this weekend will the baseball games not be on radio again?

SPAL

You answered your own question. Anytime basketball is scheduled, it will be priority as it will get more listeners.

Baseball will be only be available through the app if the basketball team plays any games this weekend

BroyledNutts

When Basketball and Baseball intersect during the season Basketball will take priority on FM radio ... when this occurs I can usually find the baseball game broadcast on AM radio - sometimes on 1030am, sometimes on 1190am, and rarely, but occasionally, on 1590am ... KFAY 1030 is usually the go to when basketball is scheduled the same day and the games are on at the same time, or like next weekend, when the basketball team is traveling - Razorback Sports Network FM will travel with them.

This past Saturday the baseball game was on 92.1 here in NWA until it was time for basketball pre-game. The baseball broadcast was bumped, and 92.1 began its basketball coverage. I switched to 1030am and finished the game broadcast. The next time this occurs try searching AM radio until you can hopefully locate the channel in your area that is carrying the baseball broadcast.

fishes2000

I tried to find it on am here in central Ar as well as on fm. Will search again this weekend. Really hard on people that don't have wifi and have to rely on the radio. I wish people would understand that wifi isn't available everywhere in the state. Supposedly its coming but not here yet. So radio is only option.

HawgHawk

I listened thru tunein to the USC broadcast for a bit on Saturday. That was painful, but with all the rest screwing up, it's the only way I could get it.

Their announcer was pleasant, but his articulation just about drove me nuts. How can you be PC even with your articulation???? He was very complimentary of the crowd, tho.

Pudgepork

See if you can get 950 am on tune in.   They said they are carrying every Hog baseball game

fishes2000

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 05, 2018, 02:37:33 pm
See if you can get 950 am on tune in.   They said they are carrying every Hog baseball game

I will try that this weekend. Thanks.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 05, 2018, 12:46:17 pm

Baseball will be only be available through the app if the basketball team plays any games this weekend
So what you're saying is forget about baseball on the radio until basketball ends considering i havent got that app to work in a year🙄
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 05, 2018, 03:47:39 pm
So what you're saying is forget about baseball on the radio until basketball ends considering i havent got that app to work in a year🙄

The Razorback Gameday app was always glitchy for me, but it's been updated nicely somewhere along the way.  If you've deleted it or haven't updated it in a while, I'd give it another shot.  I've used it to listen to several games thus far.