Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 8 THREAD: #5 Arkansas (5-2, 0-0 SEC) vs Dayton (1-5, 0-0 A10)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 27, 2018, 07:15:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#5 ARKANSAS vs Dayton Flyers
at Baum Stadium   Wednesday 3:00 p.m.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 8 THREAD
   #5 ARKANSAS ( 5-2, 0-0 SEC) vs Dayton (1-5 , 0-0) W10)

This is game 1 of 2 games in Baum Stadium which begins on Wednesday and concludes on Thursday. The Razorbacks will face USC in the weekend series.

WEDNESDAY's First Pitch is set for 3:00pm central time and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED. SEC+ will stream this game.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, Wisco Pig, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog and Razorbacks#1, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

ARKANSAS BASEBALL WEBSITE:   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/

ARKANSAS STATShttp://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2018/OVERALL.pdf

ARKANSAS ROSTERhttp://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/roster/

ARKANSAS GAME/SERIES NOTES: 

ARKANSAS PREVIEW:

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0               3:00 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Dayton             |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Go RAZORBACKS!

Hope to see everyone tomorrow! Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

hoofer

Do we know who is set to start on mound for us the next few games?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Bogey Golf

Quote from: hoofer on February 27, 2018, 08:03:39 pm
Do we know who is set to start on mound for us the next few games?
DVH announced Caleb Bolden would start on Wednesday.  Thursday is open for now.  They will decide after Wednesday's game. Then the weekend rotation will be Knight, Campbell and Murphy.

hogwild04

Looks like we may see a lot of Bolden, Jackson and Bonnin in the weekday games,  Get the three some experience,  solid future,

hogwild04

I would like to see Jackson Rutledge start to see how far he can go, Bonnin will be used as a set up guy and closer.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BroyledNutts

We'll get it in ... the forecast has shifted somewhat - looks like the bulk of the rain will occur I-40 and south ... will be overcast, and low 60s, with a small chance of drizzle or a brief shower during the game.

Which, the way forecasting goes, means 10" of rain and 35* ... if you're coming to the game from south of Fort Smith please drive safely ... there could be some rocky thunderstorms and flash flooding coming up AND going home ... need all of you around for the whole season.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 27, 2018, 08:35:40 pm
He's fine and will be back soon.
I have kept him on my prayer list since his wife passed. He is such a great guy. Just concerned.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RagingHawgOn

Just a shout out to all you guys who make this forum so great. I don't post a lot in here but am a huge baseball fan who appreciates the great baseball discussions/game threads.

WPS!!

Knot2brite

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 27, 2018, 10:39:52 pm
I have kept him on my prayer list since his wife passed. He is such a great guy. Just concerned.
Same here with me. When I don't see him on here I worry. I don't message him or bother him because I don't want to invade his space.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Tony Perkis

Let's go boys! I'll be stuck at work today, but I'll try to sneak the stream in.

onebadrubi

Be interesting to see how the pitching rotation and how long each will go in the two "mid week" games with having 5 games in 5 days

Baconomics

4 hours before the first pitch and the radar does NOT look promising...

CSCSW

Quote from: nesjunk on February 28, 2018, 11:11:31 am

Few radars I've looked at that have a "future" button on them project the rain to push south and be out of Fay by 3.

onebadrubi

Quote from: nesjunk on February 28, 2018, 11:11:31 am
Weather channel shows It moving out around 1 and raining again around 11 or midnight.  Might be a wet field but they should be getting the game

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 28, 2018, 09:42:26 am
Same here with me. When I don’t see him on here I worry. I don’t message him or bother him because I don’t want to invade his space.
He texts me or PMs me when he will be unable to do the Game Thread. Hopefully he'll be available by tomorrow or the weekend. And yes, he is a great hog fan and person.

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

WPS! Hope the weather is better in Fayetteville than it is down here.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

Looks like light rain going on in Fayetteville now. If you trust the radar it looks like there will soon be a break in the rain. Would appear to be a matter of the condition of the field. We should soon know.

JHicks3636

ARKANSAS LINE-UP

SS BIGGERS    .259
RF COLE          .385
LF KJERSTAD   .409
1B GATES        .263
CF FLETCHER   .179
DH LEE            .000
C  KOCH          .222
3B WILSON      .375
2B MARTIN      .364
P  BOLDEN   RH  FRESH   0-0 in one appearance, 3.0 innings, 0 runs, 2 hits, 1 BB, 0 Ks

JHicks3636

DAYTON LINE-UP

2B MEEHAN       .423
CF GARRITY       .348
1B SMITH          .273
DH TIRROTA      .421
3B YAMADA       .450
LF ECHOLS        .263
RF HAGAN         .105
C  WELLS          .000
SS JOHNSON     .316
P  WAGNER   RH  SOPH   0-0 in 3 appearances, 6.2 innings, 0 runs, 2 hits, 4 BB, 8 Ks

navyhog24

I really wish CVH would give Turney a shot at DH in these kinds of series.

ricepig

UAGolfer1981

Let's get those bats going today! Would really like to see Koch break out today. WPS!

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

Dayton             |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

3:20 for the first pitch. Delay due to the earlier rain. They decided to wait to pull the tarp until the rain completely stopped. Should be no rain during the game.

JHicks3636

Congrats to the HOGS basketball team for the last 2 big wins. Also to the Razorbacks' Womens' Track and Field team for bringing home another SEC Championship. The Men fell just short finishing 2nd by 3 points.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Meehan leads off for Dayton and takes a ball, goes even at 1-1, 1-2 looking, and Ks looking

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JHicks3636

Garrity also takes ball 1, 1-1 foul, 1-2 foul, grounds out 1B to P

JHicks3636

Smith takes ball 1, 1-1 swinging, 2-1, 2-2 swinging, Ks looking

0-0 after 1/2

JHicks3636

Arkansas counters in the 1st with

1. BIGGERS   .259
2. COLE         .385
3. KJERSTAD .409

Sorry I forgot to post the Dayton inning line-up in the 1st. I had it typed and never posted it

trippigs

Beautiful start.. And the field looks nice and green after all the rain

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                   0

Dayton          0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

razorbackfan86

JHicks3636

Biggers starts us off with a ball, 1-1 looking, grounds out to the pitcher

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Gates looks at a ball, 1-1 foul, 2-1, 2-2, grounds into a fielder's choice to SS, out at 2nd

0-0 after 1

JHicks3636

In the Dayton 2nd

4. Tirrota     .421
5. Yamada   .450
6. Echols     .263