Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama in NCAA Trouble?

Started by moses_007, November 07, 2017, 03:17:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

FANONTHEHILL

Alabama doesn't get in NCAA trouble.  The NCAA gets in Alabama trouble.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Pork Twain

So far what is being reported is pocket change for selling autographs.  Nothing happened to Ohio St for worse.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Iwastherein1969

Alabama, who IS a 'win at all cost' program and does it better than anyone else is about as worried as a coupling of bald eagles with a nest on the cliffs of the Arkansas River with fish hitting the top water all year long. IOW, nothing is going to happen to Alabama, ever again as long as the 'little general' is in charge at the Capstone.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Art Vandelay

Old Mrs will lose a few more scholarships and have another year of probation over this

IronHog

Best steroid program in professional sports
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Porkchop#1

Commissioner Sly had a good chuckle over this one.

longtimeHogfan

It was reported that the NCAA was so PO'd with Alabama they stuck Middle Tennessee St. U. with a two year suspension. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Kevin

Alabama is as worried as unc basketball was
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

root_hawg

Read the article, one player $400, one $200 no smoking gun here.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 07, 2017, 05:04:44 am
So far what is being reported is pocket change for selling autographs.  Nothing happened to Ohio St for worse.

Isn't that why Tressell ultimately lost his job or was that over something else?

HardCore

Alabama could give recruits $1M in travel expenses for campus visits, hire 500 of the best call girls, give out Corvette Grand Sport convertibles, give the recruit's parents $100K jobs sweeping the city park, have the professors take the tests for the kids classes and not a damn thing thing would happen.

But, if we have a trucking company pay offseason players $10/hr vs $8/hr, we get nailed to the crucifix
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on November 07, 2017, 06:12:39 am
Best steroid program in professional sports

I'm shocked this isn't mentioned more...   possibly a futures 30 for 30

onebadrubi

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 07, 2017, 06:47:34 am
Isn't that why Tressell ultimately lost his job or was that over something else?

A lot more to the tressell story

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: HardCore on November 07, 2017, 06:48:30 am
Alabama could give recruits $1M in travel expenses for campus visits, hire 500 of the best call girls, give out Corvette Grand Sport convertibles, give the recruit’s parents $100K jobs sweeping the city park, have the professors take the tests for the kids classes and not a damn thing thing would happen.

But, if we have a trucking company pay offseason players $10/hr vs $8/hr, we get nailed to the crucifix

If they didn't hammer Ole Miss... nothing is gonna happen. NCAA has no nuts. That's why the FBI is having to clean up basketball. As long as the NCAA is making money, they will turn a blind eye.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

LRRandy

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 07, 2017, 05:04:44 am
I would disagree. The bowl ban following "tatgate" cost Ohio State the opportunity to play Notre Dame for the national championship. Under the BCS format an undefeated Notre Dame would have played an undefeated Ohio State at the end of the 2012 season leaving a one loss Alabama out. I would say a lot happened.
This is fun, isn't it.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 07, 2017, 04:59:06 am

This☝

LRRandy

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2017, 06:55:23 am
A lot more to the tressell story
the cover up was worse than the crime. That cost Tressell his job.
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Well, it sounds like UAB may have to drop football again...

(Do they even have a football program ??? )

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 07, 2017, 07:59:01 am
Well, it sounds like UAB may have to drop football again...

(Do they even have a football program ??? )

Unlike us, they're bowl eligible and looking forward to the Birmingham Bowl.

Hoggish1

Expect who ever wrote that for the Sporting News to be fired. That 'll teach 'em to write about Bama that way...

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 07, 2017, 08:16:14 am
Expect who ever wrote that for the Sporting News to be fired. That 'll teach 'em to write about Bama that way...

The original article was from SI, I think the swimsuit issue is the only one that they publish that isn't made up of falsies........or at least those look good.

3kgthog

Quote from: HardCore on November 07, 2017, 06:48:30 am
Alabama could give recruits $1M in travel expenses for campus visits, hire 500 of the best call girls, give out Corvette Grand Sport convertibles, give the recruit's parents $100K jobs sweeping the city park, have the professors take the tests for the kids classes and not a damn thing thing would happen.

Well, they do give out Dodge Challengers, so there is that.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 07, 2017, 05:08:13 am
Alabama, who IS a 'win at all cost' program and does it better than anyone else is about as worried as a coupling of bald eagles with a nest on the cliffs of the Arkansas River with fish hitting the top water all year long. IOW, nothing is going to happen to Alabama, ever again as long as the 'little general' is in charge at the Capstone.

I'm pretty sure if there were any instances of impropriety within the Alabama program that they would have occurred prior to Natty #3 for Saban. There's absolutely no need for cheating with the system they have in place. This appears true, but also looks like the issue is a few dumbasses who just wanted to get paid, and an unaffiliated parasite looking to make bank on memorabilia...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NaturalStateReb

Exactly.  Alabama getting in NCAA trouble is unpossible.  You don't attack the moneymakers.  Just ask North Carolina.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hawganatic

Tressel got for lying and the cover up, not the actual act.  Really doubt Saban knew anything about this at the time.

Torqued pork

True, and it would be prudent for the writer to get in the FBI relocation program ASAP.

Großer Kriegschwein

Alabama is the Jack Bauer of college football.
This is my non-signature signature.

Airforcehawg

November 07, 2017, 09:43:17 am #28 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:40:02 pm by Airforcehawg
Bama will never get in trouble. There are tons of articles about players taking money and cars while they were there and nothing comes of it. When there are articles about Bama players taking cars with pictures to prove...Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in front of a 70K Charger, D.J. Flucker on front of his Caddy...both with custom tags and nothing happens, or the Tux Shop that paid Ingram and Richardson and nothing happens, or Flucker admitting on record that he among other took cash and nothing happened...nothing with happen. Bama is to big to fail and/or Saban has dirt on the right people.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/why-do-so-many-alabama-crimson-tide-football-players-drive-nice-cars

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Airforcehawg on November 07, 2017, 09:43:17 am
Bama will never get in trouble. There are tons of articles about players taking money and cars while they were and nothing comes of it. When there are articles about Bama players taking cars with pictures to prove...Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in front of a 70K Charger, D.J. Flucker on front of his Caddy...both with custom tags and nothing happens, or the Tux Shop that paid Ingram and Richardson and nothing happens, or Flucker admitting on record that he among other took cash and nothing happened...nothing with happen. Bama is to big to fail and/or Saban has dirt on the right people.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/why-do-so-many-alabama-crimson-tide-football-players-drive-nice-cars

If that's a proper way to spell Fluker then I'm gonna change my name to Krazy Flucker like yesterday.!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

root_hawg

Remember also one of the guys making the claim is the guy who I believe went to prison for fake memorabila

onebadrubi

Quote from: Airforcehawg on November 07, 2017, 09:43:17 am
Bama will never get in trouble. There are tons of articles about players taking money and cars while they were and nothing comes of it. When there are articles about Bama players taking cars with pictures to prove...Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in front of a 70K Charger, D.J. Flucker on front of his Caddy...both with custom tags and nothing happens, or the Tux Shop that paid Ingram and Richardson and nothing happens, or Flucker admitting on record that he among other took cash and nothing happened...nothing with happen. Bama is to big to fail and/or Saban has dirt on the right people.

Not to mention the unlimited failed drug test they allow

Paul

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 07, 2017, 07:40:06 am
If they didn't hammer Ole Miss... nothing is gonna happen. NCAA has no nuts. That's why the FBI is having to clean up basketball. As long as the NCAA is making money, they will turn a blind eye.
The NCAA will absolutely hammer Ole Miss because they had the audacity to cheat like Bama & then beat them at their own game 2 years in a row

DeltaBoy

Nothing will happen .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sed76

A few years after Saban is gone and the next coach is getting hammered from every direction for not winning enough all the dirt will come out. They won't do jack as long as St. Nick is roaming the sideline.

LRHawg

Truth.

Pork Twain

It was much more and he tried to cover it up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

TM Hog

I'm totally confident that absolutely nothing will happen to Bama.
Now South Alabama U. better look out! They will probably get the death penalty for this. Lol

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Sed76 on November 07, 2017, 02:37:59 pm
A few years after Saban is gone and the next coach is getting hammered from every direction for not winning enough all the dirt will come out. They won't do jack as long as St. Nick is roaming the sideline.

May be another Southern Cal type of a situation over at Tuscaloosa.  There is a lot of parity in college football, and when a "dynasty" happens, then there is a good chance that something shady/NCAA illegal was going on that helped create the dynasty.

Clemson's NC is probably the only clean NC of the recent NCs won.  Highly doubtful the recent Alabama NCs, the recent Auburn NC, the recent Florida State NC, and the recent Ohio State were clean.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 07, 2017, 10:35:13 pm
May be another Southern Cal type of a situation over at Tuscaloosa.  There is a lot of parity in college football, and when a "dynasty" happens, then there is a good chance that something shady/NCAA illegal was going on that helped create the dynasty.

Clemson's NC is probably the only clean NC of the recent NCs won.  Highly doubtful the recent Alabama NCs, the recent Auburn NC, the recent Florida State NC, and the recent Ohio State were clean.

Of course you would say Clemson's is the only clean one.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 07, 2017, 10:41:48 pm
Of course you would say Clemson's is the only clean one.

Well, you have the information about Alabama (autograph pay-outs, and Dodge Chargers)

There is all of the information about Jameis Winston while he was at Florida State (the cover-up so that he could keep on playing).

There is the Cam Newton aspect at Auburn.

Urban Meyer is known to not run the most clean program.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any shady information come out about Clemson.  Dabo Swinney would not allow that type of stuff to go on in his football program.

Paul

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 07, 2017, 10:48:53 pm
Well, you have the information about Alabama (autograph pay-outs, and Dodge Chargers)

There is all of the information about Jameis Winston while he was at Florida State (the cover-up so that he could keep on playing).

There is the Cam Newton aspect at Auburn.

Urban Meyer is known to not run the most clean program.

As far as I know, there hasn't been any shady information come out about Clemson.  Dabo Swinney would not allow that type of stuff to go on in his football program.
ok sure

hobhog

Sabah will just tell reporters they are rat poison and they will cry and run away.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Paul on November 07, 2017, 10:52:27 pm
ok sure

Clemson doesn't have to do that stuff.

Swinney is regarded as a master recruiter.

Brent Venables is probably a top 10 recruiter in the nation.

Tony Elliott is probably a top 15 recruiter in the nation.

Jeff Scott is probably a top 15 recruiter in the nation.

Those other programs (Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, and Ohio State) have to resort to shady stuff in order to overcome recruiting deficiencies in their coaching staff who are recruiting.

hotdog hog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 07, 2017, 06:41:59 am
It was reported that the NCAA was so PO'd with Alabama they stuck Middle Tennessee St. U. with a two year suspension.
lmao

LRRandy

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 07, 2017, 10:58:51 pm
Clemson doesn't have to do that stuff.

Swinney is regarded as a master recruiter.

Brent Venables is probably a top 10 recruiter in the nation.

Tony Elliott is probably a top 15 recruiter in the nation.

Jeff Scott is probably a top 15 recruiter in the nation.

Those other programs (Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, and Ohio State) have to resort to shady stuff in order to overcome recruiting deficiencies in their coaching staff who are recruiting.
care to expand on that? While Clemson has recruited at a high level lately, you are saying that the schools that recruit a little better than they do only do so because of "shady stuff". Curious as to what that stuff is.
This is fun, isn't it.