Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallet requesting release from Michigan! Tell me its true!

Started by jaredkr, April 13, 2007, 01:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

If this was the case we would have

Casey Dick- SR
Nathan Emert- JR
Joe Chassion-SO(RS FR)
Nathan Dick-SO (RS FR)
Ryan Mallet-RS FR
Jim Youngblood- FR

..........and still people mad we dont offer Tyler Wilson of Greenwood

darth sooie

Dang if he ends up a hog, well i guess a Squirrel can find a nutt or maybe i should say a nutt can find a Squirrel but i'll believe it when i see it. Than again, nutt having an all-american qb= giving a ferrari to a 16 year old, wouldn't know what to do with it if he had it.

Stella

PigWig

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 02:16:43 pm

Casey Dick- SR
Nathan Emert- JR               <----Cut
Joe Chassion-SO(RS FR)      <----Moved to WR
Nathan Dick-SO (RS FR)      <----3rd Team
Ryan Mallet-RS FR              <----2nd Team
Jim Youngblood- FR            <----Tim Tebow-like option for post-McFadden era

UMGOBLUE

antro....i understand you man! but......exactly my point....a full back your leading reciever! maybe the guy you had before malzahn could coach receivers also. i mean you guys didn't even have a WR reach 300 yds outside of Monk last year....thats terrible, you guys need a WR coach that can coach your Receivers better fundamentals and is PROVEN!!!!!! you guys are set at OL & RB (just putting it in here)...THAt'S OBVIOUS. Just coach them receivers well and you guys could be special!!!!!!!!!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

Stella

Nutt and D. Lee wouldn't know what to do with Mallet if they got him!  They will have to get taller ladders!

PigWig

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:19:27 pm
antro....i understand you man! but......exactly my point....a full back your leading reciever! maybe the guy you had before malzahn could coach receivers also. i mean you guys didn't even have a WR reach 300 yds outside of Monk last year....thats terrible, you guys need a WR coach that can coach your Receivers better fundamentals and is PROVEN!!!!!! you guys are set at OL & RB (just putting it in here)...THAt'S OBVIOUS. Just coach them receivers well and you guys could be special!!!!!!!!!
Our problem is our head coach.  Houston Nutt doesn't throw the ball. He is a conservative play caller.  I wish we had a coach with half the guts of Carr.

Stella

We are special.  Consistently one of the worst Div. I passing games in the nation under Nutt. 

Malzahn was the receiver's coach last year.

jhudson84

Quote from: PigWig on April 13, 2007, 02:19:12 pm

Casey Dick- SR

David Lee is going to cut his son in law?  Com'on you know how they work up there, and many say Emert is more talented than any QB we have up there.

PigWig

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 02:21:45 pm
Quote from: PigWig on April 13, 2007, 02:19:12 pm

Casey Dick- SR

David Lee is going to cut his son in law?  Com'on you know how they work up there, and many say Emert is more talented than any QB we have up there.
Do you think Nutt makes it past this season? If he doesn't DL will be long gone.

coachp

Casey Dick- SR
Nathan Emert- JR
Joe Chassion-SO(RS FR)
Nathan Dick-SO (RS FR)
Ryan Mallet-RS FR
Jim Youngblood- FR

Having watched Chaisson play a game there is no way that I can see him being a College QB.  Good athlete that will have to play another position in my humble opinion.  That is one less for the list.

UMGOBLUE

i know what you guys mean...he can't coach a good passing game....but think about it....who is a big name receiver you all have had outside of lucas. fitz was a good receiver coach at arkansas too. i just don't think you all have had good receiver coaches since....i could be wrong though!you guys also had storner and he was an excellent college QB...better than Chad Henne
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
42 Big Ten Championships

jhudson84

I dislike Nutt as much as anyone but he seems invisible.  Does just enough or says just the right thing every year to keep his job.

coachp

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:25:16 pm
i know what you guys mean...he can't coach a good passing game....but think about it....who is a big name receiver you all have had outside of lucas. fitz was a good receiver coach at arkansas too. i just don't think you all have had good receiver coaches since....i could be wrong though!you guys also had storner and he was an excellent college QB...better than Chad Henne

You have to throw the ball to make receivers and their coaches look good. 

HogNuttz

I think that is kinda his point.  The FB was the leading receiver BEFORE Malzahn and even though we managed to get only one receiver over 300 yards last year, we still had more total yards, more yards per completion, and more yards per attempt than the previous year without Malzahn
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

UMGOBLUE

MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
42 Big Ten Championships

PigWig

Passing Offense
Arkansas............ Att:302  Comp:154  YPA:6.9  TD:23  YPG:149.5

Rushing Offense
Arkansas............ Att:539   YPC:5.9  TD:26  YPG:228.5

Thats how the offense is structured.

jpenrod1

TX HOG

dickyhog

Razorhogs

I hope it is true, but not getting my hopes up.  This might just be someone spreading rumors.

HogBaptist

Has this been verified?  Is that why this is still up in MMQB?

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: HogBaptist on April 13, 2007, 02:44:02 pm
Has this been verified?  Is that why this is still up in MMQB?

I have PM'ed a mod but haven't got a response, yet.
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

jhudson84

This is per Otis, thats why its still up, he may not leave UM, he has requested his release.

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 02:47:18 pm
This is per Otis, thats why its still up, he may not leave UM, he has requested his release.

Yeah bitch!!

-Chappelle

jhudson84

Spiral_cut

He would sit out a year & by the time he could play nutt would be gone & we
would have a REAL coach in place.

jhudson84

Quote from: Spiral_cut on April 13, 2007, 02:51:26 pm
He would sit out a year & by the time he could play nutt would be gone & we
would have a REAL coach in place.

would be a dream scenario

IllmaticRackit

-Chappelle

cosmodrum

Why would he ask for a release, then stay at UM?
Go away, batin'

quest4excellence

Obviously we would all love to have him but he'd have to be strait up crazy to come here.

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

conman_7

Sounds awesome to me! not for this year, it would be good if he had to sit out a year.

Couldn't he use it as his Redshirt?  Then NUttjob wouldn't waist a yr of eligibility and we would have a good QB for our next coach to work with.

scootman

I am not sure he would have to sit if he never played a game...I thought once they played a game that they had to sit. I may be wrong but that was my understanding.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

quest4excellence

Quote from: conman_7 on April 13, 2007, 03:01:47 pm
Sounds awesome to me! not for this year, it would be good if he had to sit out a year.

Couldn't he use it as his Redshirt?  Then NUttjob wouldn't waist a yr of eligibility and we would have a good QB for our next coach to work with.

Maybe we could protect him from HDN.  Set up like some sort of bubble so that HDN couldn't pollute his mind

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 13, 2007, 01:29:24 pm
Quote from: PigWig on April 13, 2007, 01:28:14 pm
Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 13, 2007, 01:27:02 pm
I just hope that the coaches in charge are not stupid enough to try and switch one of the QB's they have or they have on the way to another position. 

Chaisson to WR. Its called the Cedric/Johnson effect.

I didn't know Chaisson was black. 

How I wish this comment were'nt absolutely relevant.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: spraycanhog on April 13, 2007, 01:45:27 pm
UMGOBLUE,
You have no idea what you are talking about,  Malzhan is a genius, the likes of Bellecheck and Landry.
He won the National HS Championship 2 yrs ago and was the Nations top OC in college last year.
The guy never loses, if Nutt hadnt taken over play calling we would have been in the National Title game instead of Florida.

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

I guess my sarcasm detector is off, or I've been spending to much time here.....is this post for real?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Since 1894 on April 13, 2007, 01:26:03 pm
Is it true that on the first day of an Arkansas camp, he was moved by our coaches from QB to another position (TE?).  I think he was moved back to QB the next day.

I heard that once but I don't know if it is true.

Per Ryan Mallett, the switch at summer camp from QB to TE was originally his idea because it did it sometimes in his high school practices.  He had no idea it would cause such a ruckus and piss so many people off, including his dad & his hs coach.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

cbjagman

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on April 13, 2007, 02:55:29 pm
someone get Nutt his cell phone #!!!
Then someone please teach Houston how to actually use the cellphone (other than texting).

conman_7

Well I havnt found anything on Ryan Transfering, but this is on the Michigan board!

Redshirt sophomore quarterback Jason Forcier can read the writing on the wall -- it says "Jesus Christ, that kid can throw eighty yards" -- and is transferring to Stanford effective at the end of the semester. Lloyd is not happy about it.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:05:51 pm
because i am a fan of college sports man....just like YOU. I want to see what Arkansas fans are like simply because I hear they are some of the most loyal in the nation!!!!!!

If you really are a Michigan fan...welcome. Me thinks this may be an act, but either way I've enjoyed your contributions thus far.

Hog Fan 51

If Nutt is here he can come down and be the best handeroffer in the SEC!!!!!!
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Hawgballz

Quote from: coachp on April 13, 2007, 02:10:51 pm
Arkansas may get him because he is afraid of competition, ie.  Mustain, McCoy, Chiles, Brantley.  With the Hogs in desperate need of a QB and no depth for the future it is a possibility that he would come.

Ryan is not afraid of competition, he just did not want to deal with the "Mitch Lovefest" of NWA.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: JHGiunta on April 13, 2007, 02:03:50 pm
Is it true that on the first day of an Arkansas camp, he was moved by our coaches from QB to another position (TE?).  I think he was moved back to QB the next day.

He played quarterback and then "HE" asked to play some tightend at the end of camp while all the players were having fun. Fact is, he would have signed with us last year if we hadn't signed Mustain. He, Mallett, specifically said that if we signed Mustain he would not come.

IMO. I think Nutt wanted Mallett more than Mustain, but was forced to get Mustain at all costs.

Anyone got a picture of Richard Dawson during the family feud days?
I think JHG has got the number 1 answer here.

RealHogFan

I heard Teresa Prewitt sent him an e-mail recruiting him.  That's what my sources say. 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on April 13, 2007, 02:12:45 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on April 13, 2007, 01:29:54 pm
Here an idea let's bash the crap out of the coach, who WILL coach the team this year and ask a big recruit to come anyway.      ???  I see where this thread is headed  VENT real soon.  ???                         

So the official party line is now "Don't bash the coach because he is going to be here for another season anyway"?  Because that is certainly what I am reading from Wilson, Biggus, and now you.  We are just supposed to shut up and take it?  Seriously, if this is what you boys are trying to say just have Lanny post a sticky so we will know what is allowed now.

HHS, I didn't say one damn word of this Crap your typing about out.  Bitching about coach and bitching about not getting the recruits.  Make sense to me.   ???  I see your back to our old self.  ;)    Thnaks, for putting in me with good people with  Wilson, Biggus.       

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 13, 2007, 02:53:10 pm

ask mitch.

twistitup

The reason I see Mallet coming here is opportunity. Why go to Texas and compete with top rung qb's- he can come here, play in the SEC and be THE MAN...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jhudson84

[/quote]

[/quote]

Darian Townes, kids often change their minds, although these are different happenings, you never know.

jhudson84

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 13, 2007, 03:07:12 pm

Per Ryan Mallett, the switch at summer camp from QB to TE was originally his idea because it did it sometimes in his high school practices.  He had no idea it would cause such a ruckus and piss so many people off, including his dad & his hs coach.

correct, it was ryan's idea.