Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Clemson -9.5 several units  i was late and hogville slow as crap. Will just pist ticket on these when my local call in hits.

Texans pk 4 units.

Fyi clemson was -9.5, but 115.00 to get 100.00
Let's make some waves.

soooieman

Any other college football gamblers out there? I think it would be fun to pick several games a week against the spread and see how we do. So far in 2016 I'm 16-5 against the number. I know I didn't post them on here, but if u want proof I'm on twitter and my handle is @cldhog.  Here's my picks this week. Would love to see yours.
Clemson/GT under 59
Minnesota -16.5 vs Colorado State
Ole Miss -7 vs UGA
Kent State +45 @ Bama
Florida St -6 @ South Fla
Oklahoma St +8.5 @ Baylor
Duke + 21 @ Notre Dame
Air Force -3 @ Utah St
LSU Auburn Under 46

ricepig

soooieman

I'm sorry. I didn't know.

DadVader1

Welcome Soooieman,  We've been doing this in this thread for a few years now and have seen more than our fair share of folks pop in and out with unsubstantiated claims of amazing records ats, so we're generally pretty skeptical of those sorts of claims from folks who are new to the thread.  As best I can tell, your twitter posts check out and you're off to a great start for the season.  Hopefully you can keep rolling, and we can all benefit from sharing thoughts, leans, and picks.  You're off to a good start this week, and we're on a couple of the same games on Saturday.  Welcome & Good luck!

hogsanity

Here are my picks sure to cost me, and anyone who follows, money this weekend

tcu-20.5
fla st -7
pur -6
usc + 3.5
mtsu -5
ind -7.5
wvu-7
char +27.5
syr/uconn un 57
unlv -15
emu/wy ov 63

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigSexyHog

Played Clemson small and forgot to get my NE game in.  Ended up watching the Clemson game in class cause the class is boring and everyone likes to tell stories.   Oh well 1-0.  Good way to start the weekend.   Lots of good looking games
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Sooieman.  Any idea why most of the services are going with Baylor?  I like Okie Light myself and just don't see Baylor that much better.  Thought

woodhog14

My picks this week:

Ole Miss -7
Florida St. -5.5
Stanford -3
Southern Miss -10.5

Really, really debating on LSU at -3.5...thoughts?

gotyacovered

been covered up... hope you fellas had a good week last week... for the first time ever, i had two pushes on day games. both were double digit faves, crazy. i only had 4 pushes all year last year.

i have a few i am looking at...

going back to the well with air force -4...

uconn -4... orange ran 53 more plays than lville and south florida last 2 weeks and lost to the spread by 30 points... or another way to look at it they wre outscored in the 2nd half by 34 points... at home. not sure exactly what that means and it might be a 'wait and see' but a young team on the road (for the 1st time this year) on a grass field playing a really good/experienced defense... and syracuse has notre dame next week... i just couldn't wait.

also, wondering how those southern cal boys are going to handle the forecast 46-50 temps and rain in salt lake... so -2.5's appeared early today and i didnt pull the trigger, may not seem em again.

i am on notre dame -19. kelly said all week they just want to play a sharp game with full 60 minutes playing with urgency; and duke has back 2 back non-conf games, been prone to give up the big plays, its what they do

i am also backing Tennessee -6... looks like i put it in a little early b/c 5's are now available. its a fade on the appleby than anything...

my 'not for the faint of heart' bet this week is going to be northwestern +8/+265. nebraska is off a huge win and with a qb that will turn the ball over. northwestern is in a great spot........and, if the hogs hit +7, which is highly possible (last week i wanted on the aggies and the line moved 2 points and hour before the game to right at kickoff, i passed. but you can bet i will be hitting that refresh button frequently in AT&T sadium hopeing to see some aggie steam, if so i will pull the trigger at that number and might look at the ML.

the others i am looking at are...
LSU +2.5
BYU +7
minny -17
and florida st -5.5
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 23, 2016, 01:27:22 pm

i am on them at 2.5 or less... with a few beers, a 3 might get put into pocket on game day.
You are what you tolerate.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 22, 2016, 05:35:54 pm
MSU/wisc  u42

Adding....

Utah         -3  1u
TN            -4  4u
FSU           -6  2u
N'western  +9  1u
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Let's make some waves.

Had two small plays on tcu -21/ 1 unit with two guys   won clemson, lost it back betting dumb ass Texans against pats.
Let's make some waves.

Bets i already have on the books tomorrow

Louisville -25 dime play
Bucking all trends and experts   hogs aggies over 49 dime play.
Let's make some waves.

So hard to transfer this.

Wiaky+3.5 / 9 units
Georgia +7 / 5 units
Fl Sat -4.5 / dime
Iowa - 14 / 5 units

That should start our day.
Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

My picks this week:

Ole Miss -7
Florida St. -5.5
Stanford -3
Southern Miss -10.5

Can't imagine Auburn loses again at home but that line looks tempting

Big Boi

S. Florida +6
Auburn +4
cal vs ASU U 83

S. Florida seems like the lock of the week

SPAL

September 24, 2016, 09:02:29 am #10368 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:03:02 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Kent state +43.....L
Tennessee -5....W
Auburn +3.5....W
Louisville -29....W
UCLA +3....L
Northwestern +7.5....L
Utah state +4.5

Lot of dogs today

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 23, 2016, 11:48:29 pm
Can't imagine Auburn loses again at home but that line looks tempting
AU's backs are against the wall..they pull this one out.  AU +3 1/2
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Huckleberry Pig

September 24, 2016, 10:09:36 am #10370 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:29:45 am by Huckleberry Pig
Taking:

Wisky +3.5 // 2u
Fla St. -4.5 // 2u
Uconn -2.5 // 1u

Parlay to pay 2u:
Wisky +3.5
Fla St. -4.5
Iowa -14.5
Georgia +7

Down 3u on the season.

Good luck today everyone

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 23, 2016, 05:06:00 pm

Adding....

Utah         -3  1u
TN            -4  4u
FSU           -6  2u
N'western  +9  1u

Added

More FSU  -5  1u
Seems I added more FSU last week to my detriment.

Ole Miss  -7  1u

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

BigSexyHog

Woke up late. 

Got in Florida st and Syracuse.   

Big Boi

Quote from: Big Boi on September 24, 2016, 07:26:11 am
S. Florida +6
Auburn +4
cal vs ASU U 83

S. Florida seems like the lock of the week
Vegas going to pay for that line. Thought for sure S. Florida was the play.  :puke:

WILL CLINTON

September 24, 2016, 01:37:02 pm #10375 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:48:02 pm by WILL CLINTON
Akron +6
Stanford -2
Wake Forest +7
Duke +20
South Carolina +2

Thinking this may be all, Nebraska and Louisville numbers pushed a little further than I feel comfortable with.

I am watching Washington v Arizona, if the number drops a point or so to 14 or less, I would probably add it in to my picks.

BigSexyHog

2:30 games... (played way to many and kicking myself)

Michigan - 16
Ville - 31 (Everyone seems to be playing Marshall but the line keeps moving up... I still like the cards -100)
West Virginia - 7 1/2
Florida -5

Good luck everyone

Added WKU -8
Oregon -10
Fresno ST +16

All 2 units
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

McKdaddy

One of the problems w/ gambling is I would not otherwise "cheer" for TN (unless they were playing ND or the whorns).

BigSexyHog

September 24, 2016, 06:04:44 pm #10380 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:10:00 am by BigSexyHog
Well another decent day.... 6-2 overall.  Thanks to that last minute score by Arizona St :)

So last night something like this went my way for the first time in recent memory.  My early dime play and 9 unit play had won. Kinda split the smaller unit bets. Was feeling really good about the two dime plays i had placed the night before. So im thinking if the large plays on Louisville and the over on Hogs and Ags hit im gonna make  lot of money even going 5-4.

Stanford had been on my mind all day.  I slipped in a 2 unit play with two of my guys at -3. No way i thought it was gonna be that low scoring. Toward the end i switched over from Hogs game. Im expecting to lose that Stanford money.  Then ucla leaves is open for a Stanford drive. Im like sweet. Just give me a push and im happy. Holy crap if they dont drive the field and score the go ahead TD. I looked at my wife and said this little effer better not miss this PAT. He nails it. Yes i got the push. Great day.

AND THEN IT HAPPENED ! WHAT NORMALLY GOES AGAINST US GOES MY WAY. LAST PLAY OF THE GAME FUMBLE RETURN TD. 

My phone blew up from like 7 or 8 people that had text and asked and intold them play Stanford. Texts read like this. Finally we didnt get screwed, about time the football gods went our way.   Made up for the last time we got screwed, and my favorite was from my guy in Youngstown. " i never had a doubt "

Great finish.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Yep, I had already started counting that one as a loss as I was working through my preliminary weekend numbers in my head.  Sweet finish!  Also, THANKS again for sharing your plays.  I'm off to a pretty good start at 61.5%, but tailing your large plays has been hitting for me at 80%.  You are SLAYING it again this season!

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 25, 2016, 08:43:52 am
Yep, I had already started counting that one as a loss as I was working through my preliminary weekend numbers in my head.  Sweet finish!  Also, THANKS again for sharing your plays.  I'm off to a pretty good start at 61.5%, but tailing your large plays has been hitting for me at 80%.  You are SLAYING it again this season!

Thanks buddy. Glad its helping. I generally hit those large plays.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Had a good cfb weekend, 6-1. My only "large" play was TN, so I appreciated them waking up. However, I remain negative on nfl picks for this season, but admittedly I've not done well historically on the league.

Nfl action so far

Browns +9.5 /1 unit
Denver +3.5 /  1 unit
Gmen-3 / 1 unit
Arizona -4.5 / 1 unit
Steelers -3 ( bought hook) / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

woodhog14

My picks this week:

Ole Miss -7.....W
Florida St. -5.5.....W
Stanford -3.....W
Southern Miss -10.5.....W

4-0 on the weekend for me! First time that has ever happened!

SPAL

September 25, 2016, 11:47:10 am #10387 Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:25:59 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Bills +4.5...W
Titans +2...L
Eagles +4...W
Chiefs -3....W
Seahawks -10...W

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 25, 2016, 11:47:10 am
Bills +4.5
Titans +2
Eagles +4
Chiefs -3
Seahawks -10

One of us is gonna have a good day. Yikes. Doubt it will be me.
Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

Was out of pocket most of yesterday and all I did was a small bet on Florida St. Looks like everyone else was on it too..that was a great value at -4.

For today have 3 units on Raiders -1

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BigSexyHog

Denver, Oakland,  Arizona and Green Bay.

Good luck everyone

DadVader1

Week 4 turned out to be a "correction" week for the power rating systems.  After week 4, only 8 systems are ahead ats, and those are hitting at rates that are more in line with what you would expect (in the 54 - 55% range instead of the 60+% range).   My picks went 5-5 for 0 units on the week, making it 16-10 (61.5%) ats & +6/8 units YTD.  Luckily, my tails of Jeff's large plays hit at 100% this week and have hit at 80% YTD.  If you're not tailing Jeff's large plays, you're leaving money on the table.

Overal, YTD, Home & Road teams are still hitting at 50/50, Favorites & Dogs are hitting at 55/45, and Road Favorites are hitting at 58.6%.  Give me one more week's worth of data, and there should be a few trends that are worth watching. 

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 25, 2016, 12:43:30 pm
Week 4 turned out to be a "correction" week for the power rating systems.  After week 4, only 8 systems are ahead ats, and those are hitting at rates that are more in line with what you would expect (in the 54 - 55% range instead of the 60+% range).   My picks went 5-5 for 0 units on the week, making it 16-10 (61.5%) ats & +6/8 units YTD.  Luckily, my tails of Jeff's large plays hit at 100% this week and have hit at 80% YTD.  If you're not tailing Jeff's large plays, you're leaving money on the table.

Overal, YTD, Home & Road teams are still hitting at 50/50, Favorites & Dogs are hitting at 55/45, and Road Favorites are hitting at 58.6%.  Give me one more week's worth of data, and there should be a few trends that are worth watching. 

Thanks for the props buddy, hoping my big plays keep hitting.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Had a not bad week at 6-4. Made money for the 2nd week in a row. Some big games coming up this week, can't wait to see those lines.

I know some of the lines are going to correct before they get to the public, but some of these lines are just silly.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

SPAL

Oddly enough, I'm killing it in the NFL and right at 55% in college.

WILL CLINTON

Way too early leans:

Oregon -1
Mich St -7.5
Wisky +10
Utah +1
Tenn -3.5
Louisville +2
Miami -6.5
Western Mich -3.5
Duke -4
Ole Miss -14***
Pitt -1
Stanford +3

hawginbigd1

Just wondering if Solly Thomas broke anyone's hearts or bank rolls again last night with his junk TD?

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 25, 2016, 11:34:48 pm
Just wondering if Solly Thomas broke anyone's hearts or bank rolls again last night with his junk TD?

I thought that game was -2.5 and Stanford was up by 4 when that happened, so not changing outcome of spread at all?

SPAL

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 25, 2016, 11:34:48 pm

Yes. I had a push until that. Wasn't much on the line though, it was a small play.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsanity on September 23, 2016, 12:59:54 pm
Here are my picks sure to cost me, and anyone who follows, money this weekend

tcu-20.5 W
fla st -7 W
pur -6 W
usc + 3.5 L ( USC lost by 4 )
mtsu -5 L ( MTSU won by 4 )
ind -7.5 L
wvu-7 L
char +27.5 L ( Char lost by 28 )
syr/uconn un 57 W
unlv -15 L
emu/wy ov 63 L

went 4-7  then lost wen 1-4 o the NFL. Simply dreadful weekend

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE