Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highland Park head football coach resigned this week

Started by Con el Cerdos, March 23, 2018, 11:15:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

Not exactly directly linked to Razorback football - - but this may have some bearing on Chandler Morris' (and his parents') decision to continue to reside in Texas or move to NW Arkansas.

DeltaBoy

I have no Idea but he had a great run at Highland Park.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Davidr295

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on March 23, 2018, 11:15:02 am
Not exactly directly linked to Razorback football - - but this may have some bearing on Chandler Morris' (and his parents') decision to continue to reside in Texas or move to NW Arkansas.

I believe he decided to retire after winning back to back titles.

go hogues

Met him a few years ago. For the HC of a major power in Texas HS football, you'd think he'd be arrogant af, but he was actually very kind.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on March 23, 2018, 01:52:43 pm
Tough shoes to fill

Nope Texas full of Great HS Coachs  Todd Dodge is on the short list.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

twistitup

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 23, 2018, 01:58:43 pm
Nope Texas full of Great HS Coachs  Todd Dodge is on the short list.

He's a legend Delta - nobody wants to follow a legend
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jpsand

Would make a pretty good Texas recruiting coordinator! 

LZH

Quote from: Davidr295 on March 23, 2018, 11:47:20 am
I believe he decided to retire after winning back to back titles.

Nick Saban should take notes....

Been10Hog

Coach Morris should hire him ASAP as an "analyst"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on March 23, 2018, 02:02:25 pm
He's a legend Delta - nobody wants to follow a legend

Read today in the Morning News that Todd said he not coming back cause they could not work out a deal.  His Son is a finalist.

mevskithog

xxtomassxx1980

Hogdomer

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 23, 2018, 03:11:28 pm
Read today in the Morning News that Todd said he not coming back cause they could not work out a deal.  His Son is a finalist.

His son took the Southlake Carroll job.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on March 23, 2018, 04:22:18 pm
Saban should definitely consider that job.

Saban should consider playing shuffleboard and taking it easy somewhere outside of coaching..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

razortrack

nwahogfan1

How much would this job Pay?   Are they not looking to promote from within?   Is HS football coach Salaries in Texas getting out of hand like football salaries in P5?

gumbohog

Can't imagine dodge being a candidate. He's in the town he's retiring in (Westlake) and coaching In the stadium bearing his father in law's name where his wife grew up:

He'll retire before he moves

Allen lost one home game in 16 years, and it was to Pulaski Academy.

go hogues

Quote from: Karma on March 24, 2018, 02:18:18 pm
Allen lost one home game in 16 years, and it was to Pulaski Academy.
That was the greatest thing ever.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogdomer on March 23, 2018, 04:37:48 pm
His son took the Southlake Carroll job.

Highland Park is a good job and I don't blame the boy for going home .  His final game he puked and went out and threw the game winning TD!

BOAR_N2BWILD

in before anyone else. Houston Nutt to Highland Park. Presser at 4:00.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

ricepig

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on March 27, 2018, 10:02:16 am

He loves the helmet.....

mhsbc59

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 24, 2018, 09:21:03 am
How much would this job Pay?   Are they not looking to promote from within?   Is HS football coach Salaries in Texas getting out of hand like football salaries in P5?

yes i would say he was wanting to get payed north of 200 grand
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on March 27, 2018, 10:02:16 am

Program is too big for him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi