Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin could be exactly what we need...

Started by OptimusHog, October 24, 2017, 12:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elviscat

Lane Kiffin, would be a terrible hire. It is so much like what we currently have on the hill. Mr. Integrity, wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He stinks.

LRHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 25, 2017, 01:05:49 am
NOT NO BUT HE%* NO!  All we need is another big mouth bragger!  Now this would be called "win at all cost" ATTEMPT!

better than the "Win if we can, but at least we got a good APR" strategy we're running now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 24, 2017, 12:13:33 pm
His wife divorced him for banging so many co-eds on the side. Not sure we need that kind of drama again.
you JUST got thru saying he was divorced. Who cares who he bangs? Let the man coach.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

elviscat

Look at what he accomplished at Tennessee, nothing. He was fired. We don't want another BB hire.

stronguard

FACT# He wasn't fired at Tennis-E, he left for USC.

All these "Morality Police" fans are what got our program into the mess its in.  We need to hire someone to win football games, not attend choir practice.  If they can do both, great.  If not, give us the wins.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

King Kong

Quote from: elviscat on October 26, 2017, 10:56:29 am
Look at what he accomplished at Tennessee, nothing. He was fired. We don't want another BB hire.

Not sure what a fact is are you

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 24, 2017, 01:45:03 pm
I think Kiffin could be good....He's doing decent with Florida Atlantic in his first year.....though I do believe he's using FA like Petrino used Western Kentucky......stay a season then bolt out......But I can see someone else snatching him up before we get the chance.....Someone like Florida or A&M (if Sumin's gone which is a possibility) would snatch him right up and throw their wallets at him in the process......The only thing that worries me is USC......He wasn't that great there.....I know he's had a few years under Saban since then, BUT his tenure at USC was a bit disappointing......But I'd be okay with that hire......

8-5, 10-2 (finished ranked #6), 7-6 (when the NCAA hammer dropped from the previous coach's indiscretions started to show), then 3-2 before getting fired from a team that went on to finish 10-4 and ranked #19.  I think under the circumstances, he did pretty darn good.  If you haven't seen it, watch 30 for 30 on the rise and fall of the Trojans.  There was a lot of corruption and the NCAA came down hard.  The fact that he never finished below .500 given the situation is quite impressive, in my opinion. 

He hasn't coached on a team with a losing record since 2008 with the Oakland Raiders.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

King Kong

Quote from: smb on October 26, 2017, 01:15:55 pm
Kiffin not the answer for Arkansas.

Yes he is. Fantastic on offense and will recruit at a level we haven't seen at Arkansas.

Plus he has that chip on his shoulder all successful coaches have had here

311Hog

if exactly what Arkansas needs is crabs then yes yes Kiffin is it.

smb

Quote from: King Kong on October 26, 2017, 01:21:43 pm
Yes he is. Fantastic on offense and will recruit at a level we haven't seen at Arkansas.

Plus he has that chip on his shoulder all successful coaches have had here
I am sure Saban, Tennessee and USC fans disagree.
GeorgiaHOG

hogcam

Quote from: smb on October 26, 2017, 01:27:02 pm
I am sure Saban, Tennessee and USC fans disagree.
??? He did good for Saban. Tennessee fans were so mad he left because they liked him. At USC, he was under sanctions from a previous coach and really did a decent job under the circumstances. Yes, he needed to grow up, but the guy would be a home run hire for Arkansas.

Sivad

A boring hire talking about a "five year rebuilding phase" is not what we need now.
This guy brings excitement, coaching experience/talent and recruiting power.

King Kong

Quote from: Sivad on October 26, 2017, 01:35:38 pm
A boring hire talking about a "five year rebuilding phase" is not what we need now.
This guy brings excitement, coaching experience/talent and recruiting power.

This is correct

King Kong

Quote from: hogcam on October 26, 2017, 01:31:21 pm
??? He did good for Saban. Tennessee fans were so mad he left because they liked him. At USC, he was under sanctions from a previous coach and really did a decent job under the circumstances. Yes, he needed to grow up, but the guy would be a home run hire for Arkansas.

100%

smb

GeorgiaHOG