Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I watched Wisconsin last night . . .

Started by kennypig, December 31, 2017, 11:33:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kennypig

so, that is what we should have looked like the last 2 - 3 years. I was also surprised by how good their defense looked.

IronHog

Wisc is a mid tier SEC team.  Nothing more nothing less
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: IronHog on December 31, 2017, 11:41:58 pm
s
I think you are right but unfortunately that makes them much better than the Hogs, since only Vanderbilt has a worse record than us in the last several years.

Razorback_Mack

Maybe true. I wish we were. What's your point?

Hogarusa

Such a silly mindset to think there are 6 teams in the SEC better than a 13-1 Wiscy team with a 2000 yard freshmen RB. Wiscy would be a 7-1 conf record squad in either the East or the West. SEC fanbases have been riding the success of Saban and LSU/Bama for a decade now.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 01, 2018, 12:28:05 am
Such a silly mindset to think there are 6 teams in the SEC better than a 13-1 Wiscy team with a 2000 yard freshmen RB. Wiscy would be a 7-1 squad in either the East or the Wedt. SEC fanbases have been riding the success of Saban and LSU/Bama for a decade now.

Agreed

Wisconsin would survive just fine in the SEC. As would Ohio State, Michigan and PSU.

LRRandy

2010 called. It wants its opinion back.
This is fun, isn't it.

GoHogs1091

The Mediocre 10 Conference lived up to its name this season.

Even Meyer and Harbaugh under achieved this season.

AirWarren

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 01, 2018, 12:37:16 am
The Mediocre 10 Conference lived up to its name this season.

Even Meyer and Harbaugh under achieved this season.

Yet Arkansas is 3 wins. No Bowl.

Wisconsin is 13 wins. Orange bowl winner.

IronHog

Such a silly mindset to think there are 6 teams in the SEC better than a 13-1 Wiscy team with a 2000 yard freshmen RB. Wiscy would be a 7-1 conf record squad in either the East or the West. SEC fanbases have been riding the success of Saban and LSU/Bama for a decade now.

Because going on the road to BYU and Indiana is the same as LSU and Bama 🙄

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 12:45:49 am

or losing to Troy and having to schedule Mercer.
This is fun, isn't it.

SooieGeneris

So I'm assuming that you're giving the Badgers a loss to 'Bama and automatic wins over Auburn, LSU and MSU? It's easy to write checks with your keyboard knowing you'll never have to back it up.

Wisconsin was holding Miami all night and getting away with it, I've never seen Mark Richt go ballistic like he did. They were lucky to win that game and played a meh schedule.

No way that team would go 7-1 in either division of the SEC not having any Indianas or Illinois. Their division of the Big 10 is WEAK.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 12:45:49 am

That's a real murderer's row of a schedule right there... We saw what happened when the Badgers played a real team they didn't have 5-6 weeks to prep for.

Had they played the Hogs schedule, they would obviously have won more than the 4 Bert managed, but nowhere near 13. When a team plays 3-4 ranked teams in a row at times every season it wears a team down mentally and physically. The stinkin' Badgers wouldn't know what that's like.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pigasaurus

It was strange watching them run basically the same plays we ran or tried to.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

King Kong

Quote from: AP85 on January 01, 2018, 12:41:34 am
Yet Arkansas is 3 wins. No Bowl.

Wisconsin is 13 wins. Orange bowl winner.

We had 4

Kevin

they seem to find a way to play a weak big ten schedule
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

AirWarren

DeltaBoy

The Zebra crew gifted Whiskey that game yesterday!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRRandy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 01, 2018, 08:28:24 am
The Zebra crew gifted Whiskey that game yesterday!
you mean when they gave Miami the ball on what they called a fumble when Taylor's elbow and knee were down before the ball came out? Did you watch the game?
This is fun, isn't it.

IronHog

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 12:56:20 am
or losing to Troy and having to schedule Mercer.

Troy would be an upgrade on that schedule

The SEC is all about the grind......whisky has zero grind to their schedules

LRRandy

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 01, 2018, 03:02:41 am
So I'm assuming that you're giving the Badgers a loss to 'Bama and automatic wins over Auburn, LSU and MSU? It's easy to write checks with your keyboard knowing you'll never have to back it up.

Wisconsin was holding Miami all night and getting away with it, I've never seen Mark Richt go ballistic like he did. They were lucky to win that game and played a meh schedule.

No way that team would go 7-1 in either division of the SEC not having any Indianas or Illinois. Their division of the Big 10 is WEAK.
that's not what I saw  it was a true road game not a neutral site. Miami was at home. Miami was up 14-3. Wisconsin fought back controlling the clock on long sustained drive dominating what all season had been a really solid Miami defense. I didn't see any luck involved. Just good, solid, football being played.
This is fun, isn't it.

IronHog

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 08:52:30 am
that's not what I saw  it was a true road game not a neutral site. Miami was at home. Miami was up 14-3. Wisconsin fought back controlling the clock on long sustained drive dominating what all season had been a really solid Miami defense. I didn't see any luck involved. Just good, solid, football being played.

Good football team that would finish 3-4 in the SEC west

Is what it is

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 08:50:12 am

yeah, that Florida, Vanderbilt, Tenessee, Missouri , Kentucky murdereres row Georgia got to inflate their schedule with is a real grind.
This is fun, isn't it.

hogcards

The mighty SEC, who's won a whopping 1 bowl game to date?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 08:54:35 am

Good football team that would finish 3-4 in the SEC west

Is what it is
ok Parrot boy. We heard you earlier in the thread. You are stuck in an outdated view of the sec. You probably walk across the room to change the television and roll down your car window by cranking a handle. Nostalgia is good. Most of us live in the present.
This is fun, isn't it.

StoernerJonesFan

What are the bowl records for each conference now?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 09:00:01 am
ok Parrot boy. We heard you earlier in the thread. You are stuck in an outdated view of the sec. You probably walk across the room to change the television and roll down your car window by cranking a handle. Nostalgia is good. Most of us live in the present.

Ha I walk across the room to change channels...

Because I forgot we're at I put the remote.

Oh and the SEC stinks, I wouldn't be surprised if both Alabama and Georgia lost there games.

Or won them both. 😉

IronHog

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 09:00:01 am

SEC may be down but it's way better than Whiskys powder puff schedule

They played one team that was better than them and lost

IronHog

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 09:16:03 am

hmm. Sounds like Alabama.
This is fun, isn't it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 09:16:03 am

That sound like Petrino hate!  Forget he went 21-5 he lost to all the teams that were better than his team.

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 09:16:29 am

Bowl records mean zero
how far in the sand do you stick your head? You go from being a parrot to an ostrich. You got a zoo over there?

The perception of the strength of the conference a team plays in is directly tied to bowl game wins and losses. The eye test, how good a team looks or is perceived to be, is largely based on how strong is the conference they play in. Bowl records mean a lot.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 08:50:12 am

BINGO!! Thank you for pointing out the REAL reason they are playing in the Orange Bowl, yet not in the playoffs. Same for Ohio St.  Play SOMEBODY and give us a shout big boy.

LRRandy

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 01, 2018, 09:23:19 am
BINGO!! Thank you for pointing out the REAL reason they are playing in the Orange Bowl, yet not in the playoffs. Same for Ohio St.  Play SOMEBODY and give us a shout big boy.
seriously? Ask Bama to play someone, not tOhio State. Has Bama beaten a 13 win team? No. tOhio State did. Does Bama have two wins against 11 win teams, one a conference champion? No. tOhio State does. Did Bama have two other wins against 10 win teams? No. tOhio State did. So that's 5 wins against teams that won 10 games or more, three of those teams being ranked in the top 10. 36% of their schedule won 10 or more games. Bama has not played a team that won 10 games. Their best win is against LSU that won 8 games. Have Bama play someone and call me big boy.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 10:16:18 am
seriously? Ask Bama to play someone, not tOhio State. Has Bama beaten a 13 win team? No. tOhio State did. Does Bama have two wins against 11 win teams, one a conference champion? No. tOhio State does. Did Bama have two other wins against 10 win teams? No. tOhio State did. So that's 5 wins against teams that won 10 games or more, three of those teams being ranked in the top 10. 36% of their schedule won 10 or more games. Bama has not played a team that won 10 games. Their best win is against LSU that won 8 games. Have Bama play someone and call me big boy.
Yeah Ohio St plays teams that don't have tough schedules either so there's your answer  ;D

swinemaster

Conference supremecy is such an old tired argument. Arkansas was worse than Indiana this year. Missouri, Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, TAMU, Miss, Kentucky weren't much better. The SEC is top heavy just like the Big 10. 

There are 10 or so team's from various conferences who have a chance to compete for the title year in and year out. They aren't changing under this system.

LRRandy

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 01, 2018, 10:20:35 am
Yeah Ohio St plays teams that don't have tough schedules either so there's your answer  ;D
funny. No one anywhere plays anybody.
This is fun, isn't it.

IronHog

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 09:22:36 am
how far in the sand do you stick your head? You go from being a parrot to an ostrich. You got a zoo over there?

The perception of the strength of the conference a team plays in is directly tied to bowl game wins and losses. The eye test, how good a team looks or is perceived to be, is largely based on how strong is the conference they play in. Bowl records mean a lot.
Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 09:22:36 am

Cause the #4 team from conference A beating the #6 team from conference B by 3 in the fruit loops Bowl is the determining factor of conference strength 🙄

One game matchups mean little......esp bowls

LRRandy

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2018, 12:35:07 pm

Cause the #4 team from conference A beating the #6 team from conference B by 3 in the fruit loops Bowl is the determining factor of conference strength 🙄

One game matchups mean little......esp bowls
what ever helps you sleep at night. The sec is fading. No amount of message board rationalization by you can change that.
This is fun, isn't it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: kennypig on December 31, 2017, 11:33:44 pm
so, that is what we should have looked like the last 2 - 3 years. I was also surprised by how good their defense looked.

No.  What we should have started looking like this season and going forward.  It took time for Wisconsin to build to this.  We weren't getting there though because the oline wasn't being built properly. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LRRandy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 01:26:43 pm
No.  What we should have started looking like this season and going forward.  It took time for Wisconsin to build to this.  We weren't getting there though because the oline wasn't being built properly.
that's the confusing part about the Bielema rebuild. It seemed that he was on track early with a huge punishing Oline. Chaney left and Enos turns Arkansas into a chuck it around team. As talented as Enos is (I believe that he is a good OC), it appears the error by Bielema was hiring Enos and morphing into a different style team. They ended up being caught between a sh*t and a squat and not a very effective offense.
This is fun, isn't it.

IronHog

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 01:25:42 pm
what ever helps you sleep at night. The sec is fading. No amount of message board rationalization by you can change that.

Fading in what regard?

Watching 2 SEC games right now and they play in both playoff games tonight.

Wisky is 13-irrelevant

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 01:31:03 pm
that's the confusing part about the Bielema rebuild. It seemed that he was on track early with a huge punishing Oline. Chaney left and Enos turns Arkansas into a chuck it around team. As talented as Enos is (I believe that he is a good OC), it appears the error by Bielema was hiring Enos and morphing into a different style team. They ended up being caught between a sh*t and a squat and not a very effective offense.

I don't think BB was ever willing to completely commit to what Enos does.  Went with smaller, more athletic OL, but still wanted to play in a phone booth a good portion of the time.  Played TOP.  Disaster.

And questionable player development and playing time.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

holeinthewall

This is an incredible threead of sucking the SEC schlong.  Yet Arkansas wouldn't fair any better in the Big 12, Big 10 or ACC than the sec.  And in basketball can you imagine playing in the ACC.  .500 would be a great year.

IronHog

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 07, 2018, 08:55:43 am
This is an incredible threead of sucking the SEC schlong.  Yet Arkansas wouldn't fair any better in the Big 12, Big 10 or ACC than the sec.  And in basketball can you imagine playing in the ACC.  .500 would be a great year.

The SEC grind is real

ND might beat LSU in a bowl but they'd get blown out the next week in reg season the way they were getting lit up

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 10:16:18 am

This sounds great and all... but you forgot to leave out something very important..... Bama didnt get murdered by 31 points. Great teams dont get murdered.