Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring no shows

Started by parallaxpig, January 18, 2017, 10:05:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

So classes have started and first team meeting. Anybody missing on the players side? There has been a lot of threads on 85 man roster and current recruiting class size.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Tim Harris

It seems like most of the time kids come back for spring, go through spring practice, and then leave at the end of the semester.

hogsanity

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 18, 2017, 11:29:25 am
It seems like most of the time kids come back for spring, go through spring practice, and then leave at the end of the semester.

Yep, they are most likely going to have to sit out next season if they transfer to another d1 school anyway, so might as well go through spring practice to see if they can move up the depth chart. In some cases they can graduate after the spring semester and be eligible to play right away as a grad transfer, so that figures in sometimes as well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pork Twain

One of the FBs nobody recruited will not be making it to campus, 6'1.5" 285lbs 5.5 40, Jimmy Smith, will not be making the trip and becoming the oldest player on the team.  It is truly a sad day for Razorbacks football
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

parallaxpig

Khalia Hacket and Jeremy Patton.............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

oldfart

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 21, 2017, 04:07:07 pm
Khalia Hacket and Jeremy Patton.............

whats going on with them?

WildRazorback

Quote from: oldfart on January 21, 2017, 04:11:26 pm
whats going on with them?
Hackett is transfering and, for some reason, Jeremy Patton will come in at the end of this semester. I also just read that Tevin Beanum is walking away from football -at least for now- and will not be with the team this year. All of this being quoted from CBB's presser.

Ramboar

where are you reading this?
I'll be yo Huckleberry

WildRazorback

Quote from: Ramboar on January 21, 2017, 04:16:26 pm
Twitter updates from the media at CBB's and CPR's presser.

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

Ramboar

Just wonder why Beanum is walking away..
I'll be yo Huckleberry

parallaxpig

I would say a full class of 25 is in play and maybe more..........

factchecker

Beanum has some off the field issues which nobody should really delve into.... but I fully expect Hogville to do the most classless thing possible and badmouth and speculate.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/822930695702085632
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ramboar

Quote from: factchecker on January 21, 2017, 04:27:04 pm
Beanum has some off the field issues which nobody should really delve into.... but I fully expect Hogville to do the most classless thing possible and badmouth and speculate.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/822930695702085632
Wish him the best. Hope he gets everything straightened out.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

JackJohnson

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 21, 2017, 04:25:01 pm
I would say a full class of 25 is in play and maybe more..........

Trying to be the only school in the SECW not over signing "available" scholarships isn't really working (10-22) so let's start signing 25 a year and letting the numbers work out as they always do

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Ramboar on January 21, 2017, 04:16:26 pm

From Jimmy Carter's recap.

— Khalia Hackett has moved on. Obviously Duwop Mitchell has moved on. Challenged the team that if they weren't 100 percent in, they wouldn't fit. Stuff like being on time, being accountable. "Count on me.

— Tevin Beanum has quit the team and walked away from the game. He will have a chance to be a medical hardship.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 21, 2017, 04:30:14 pm
Trying to be the only school in the SECW not over signing "available" scholarships isn't really working (10-22) so let's start signing 25 a year and letting the numbers work out as they always do

The bad thing is when your signing close to 25 each year it means your making lots of mistakes in recruiting.  The thing is new blood and new hope these guys are much better than what's leaving.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 21, 2017, 08:32:33 pm
The bad thing is when you're signing close to 25 each year it means you're making lots of mistakes in recruiting.

Respectfully, this isn't the only reason a program signs 25 each year (which most programs do).  Yes, you're going to "miss" on a few (i.e. they're not as good as you thought they were and don't get their scholarship renewed), but there's always going to be transfers because of playing time.  A good problem to have is when your team is so good (i.e. Bama) that you have 4 and 5 star guys transferring because they can't get on the field.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

oldfart

sorry to hear about the departures.  I wish Tevin the best in solving his personal issues and hope no one on here badmouths him for his choice.  life is more than football...

onebadrubi

What happened with Patton?  I thought he was an early enrollee?

oldfart

from what i read it appears that beanum will remain in school on medical redshirt or whatever its called.  good for the young man, hope he stays and finishes his degree and goes on to a good life

Hoggish1

rzrbkman

I had not heard that about Patton. Town, Beanum and Hackett are the only ones I have heard about so far.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 22, 2017, 07:20:19 pm
I had not heard that about Patton. Town, Beanum and Hackett are the only ones I have heard about so far.
And Duwop.

rzrbkman

PorkRinds

colbs

Patton will be on campus in June.

King Kong

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 21, 2017, 08:32:33 pm
The bad thing is when your signing close to 25 each year it means your making lots of mistakes in recruiting.  The thing is new blood and new hope these guys are much better than what's leaving.

Spot on. I mean Bama, OSU and LSU have been blowing it

#sarcasm. Turnover happens at every program.

Hogwild

Quote from: King Kong on January 23, 2017, 06:25:58 am
Spot on. I mean Bama, OSU and LSU have been blowing it

#sarcasm. Turnover happens at every program.

Pretty sure those three schools have had a lot more juniors turning pro early than we have had.