Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulling out my hair!!

Started by snoop hawgy hawg, January 16, 2017, 01:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Boarland

Quote from: tbhogfan on January 16, 2017, 04:53:09 pm
Someone who wants to establish or re-establish their DC cred by taking a D with all sorts of talent and turning them around.  Even putting us in the top 50 would be heralded as a huge improvement.  Our offense was #2 in Time of Possession last year, meaning our D was on the field less time than any other D in the country, save one.

We're probably not going to steal Alabama's, Clemson's, or The Ohio State's DC, but we have the resources to get a good one.
All sorts of talent?

HamSammich

Coach hires coordinator or assistant. Fans cheer the coach. 1-2 years later fans want the assistant or coordinator runnout of town.... rinse repeat. Apathy. I don't care. I'm off this rolle coaster

Hogs958

Hogs958

Quote from: HamSammich on January 16, 2017, 07:03:37 pm
Coach hires coordinator or assistant. Fans cheer the coach. 1-2 years later fans want the assistant or coordinator runnout of town.... rinse repeat. Apathy. I don't care. I'm off this rolle coaster

seems to be a lack of consistent recruiting of defensive players.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 01:07:11 pm
It's my understanding they are waiting until you have pulled the rest of your hair out.

Hoggish1

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I think the Co-DC scenario everyone keeps mentioning is not a good one.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 16, 2017, 07:27:47 pm
I think the Co-DC scenario everyone keeps mentioning is not a good one.

It would be in title only in my opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

TrueBlue

Going into the players meeting now. Room looks fairly full so far....

I think I see Tuberville laughing and talking with CBB. Might just be here for a visit, but he IS wearing a red tie.

Maybe it is Chizik? Hard to tell from where I am sitting because he is wearing a baseball cap....

BigoBoys

There are still 4 football teams that have games to play. 

ricepig

LZH

aar0n

Dammit it's 8:02, why don't we have a new DC yet??!?

Fire Bielema, Long, Mike Anderson, Jerry Jones, everyone!!! They failed to land us a coordinator!!!

Hogginintheville

Quote from: elksnort on January 16, 2017, 05:52:51 pm
I must admit I have perused Hogville while on the toilet. Good use of your time sir.

Your posts make a lot more sense now

I kid

hogginbama

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 16, 2017, 02:48:31 pm
While CBB may know who the next DC/being hired to fill a vacant position on the defensive side, yes he could tell recruits so they know. But, I have to imagine those recruits getting to talk to and know their DC/position coach would help. If CPR is the new DC, easy enough. But, we're still making a hire and that coach wouldn't be able to recruit on behalf of Arkansas without being hired, am I correct on that? If we are bringing back Partridge like most of us want, it would be very beneficial for him to be on the road, not to wait till after signing day.

Then again, they could already have a guy in place and he is out on the trail and making calls as a "friend of the program". Not hired so he wouldn't officially be recruiting, just making a few calls and bumping into parents/players while he is spreading the word.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

ricepig

Quote from: hogginbama on January 16, 2017, 08:26:35 pm
Then again, they could already have a guy in place and he is out on the trail and making calls as a "friend of the program". Not hired so he wouldn't officially be recruiting, just making a few calls and bumping into parents/players while he is spreading the word.

I don't think that's legal, haha.

LZH

I'm tired. I'm tired of losing to teams we should beat. I'm tired of rolling over and playing dead. I'm tired of complaining.

#losing interest

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 16, 2017, 08:38:54 pm
I'm tired. I'm tired of losing to teams we should beat. I'm tired of rolling over and playing dead. I'm tired of complaining.

#losing interest

So you're riding away into the sunset and leaving HV, or just going to quit complaining?

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 08:44:14 pm
So you're riding away into the sunset and leaving HV, or just going to quit complaining?

I've tried to cure myself multiple times over the years.  Not possible, sort of like herpes.

Tim Harris

Quote from: aar0n on January 16, 2017, 03:08:02 pm
I don't know anything new about the hire, but I DO know that CBB (and any HC) is allowed to recruit in place of any assistant spot that's missing.  The HC is basically allowed to "absorb" the missing-assistant's visits and recruiting duties until the spot is filled, so I could see them taking advantage of this and just verbally letting recruits know that it'll be Rhoads in the meantime.

It makes zero difference (other than satisfying impatient a-hole fans) to rush announcing the hire, especially if you assume that he's already on staff anyway.

This comes up every year when there is an opening and I've never been able to find anything to back it up.  Yes there are limits to how many guys can have out there at a time so I guess in a way you could say that is an advantage but from everything I can find the HC still only gets one in home visit per recruit regardless of how many openings he has on his staff.

Dominicanhog

come on Rice.. the meeting's over, you can tell us now, we know you know.. who's coming to help with the defense... Rhoads and who else?

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 16, 2017, 09:19:13 pm
come on Rice.. the meeting's over, you can tell us now, we know you know.. who's coming to help with the defense... Rhoads and who else?

Belichick, but we'll have to wait until after the Super Bowl........

menace_hawg3

Whats the word FANONTHEHILL?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 09:21:43 pm

crap.. I was hoping for a big name...

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 09:21:43 pm

also, the Steelers may have something to say about that

HamSammich

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 16, 2017, 07:09:15 pm
seems to be a lack of consistent recruiting of defensive players.

I think there is something to this. There is no magic bullet people. The defense will suck next year too.

FANONTHEHILL

The team knows and announcement coming soon from Coach B. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Bacons Rebellion

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 16, 2017, 09:32:36 pm
The team knows and announcement coming soon from Coach B.

sounds like a tweet

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 08:44:14 pm

Certainly not the former and probably not the latter. I am just too damn good at it.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 16, 2017, 06:56:22 pm
All sorts of talent?
Name any position on our D that does not have D1 quality football players.  I'm not saying that we have the talent to be dominant, but we could be average to decent, and that would be a huge improvement over what we had with Robb Smith.
Go Hogs!

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 17, 2017, 08:28:23 am
Certainly not the former and probably not the latter. I am just too damn good at it.

Ok, I didn't want you to be one of those, "I'm done", but never leaves, lol.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 10:01:06 am
Ok, I didn't want you to be one of those, "I'm done", but never leaves, lol.

Shoot man, you know me better than that. I don't have any real friends so what in the hell else am I going to do with my time?

jgphillips3

Quote from: LZH on January 17, 2017, 10:02:29 am
Shoot man, you know me better than that. I don't have any real friends so what in the hell else am I going to do with my time?

So...the song remains the same then.

LZH

GolfnHog

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 16, 2017, 05:38:07 pm

Also - they aren't going to announce a new DC on MLK Jr. Day. That's just bad form. It can wait a day.

Well, that supposition was debunked! So I guess we can proclaim in unison that "I have a Dream", as it pertains to the future of the Arkansas D. Yes, I like the hire.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Hawg Marshal

Four words for the OP. Hair Club for Men.