Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulling out my hair!!

Started by snoop hawgy hawg, January 16, 2017, 01:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoop hawgy hawg

This is torture! Smith has officially "moved on" but we haven't found a new DC, and I know alot of you will say coach PR is going to be the new DC can't you see we are still recruiting high level defensive payers, they wouldn't show up to these kids houses without  telling them who the next DC will be. If thats true, why the hell has it not been made official yet???

ricepig

It's my understanding they are waiting until you have pulled the rest of your hair out.

snoop hawgy hawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 01:07:11 pm
It's my understanding they are waiting until you have pulled the rest of your hair out.
I can see CBB sitting on his couch right now slowing petting a pulled pork sandwitch like docter evil from Austin powers....

SDZ_Hog

Are there limitations for Coordinator positions on the recruiting trail? Could CPR be lead recruiter on a couple DB targets?

ricepig

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 16, 2017, 01:16:14 pm
Are there limitations for Coordinator positions on the recruiting trail? Could CPR be lead recruiter on a couple DB targets?

Nope, all the assistants are equal. I think there are periods or certain times where you are limited to how many coaches you can have out on the road at one time, but that may be absolute now.

HogMantheIntruder

#ricepig'd
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

1highhog

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on January 16, 2017, 01:11:39 pm
I can see CBB sitting on his couch,

I'm adding to your post; all the while eating his sammich he's petting those two little pocket dogs of his with his other hand grinning in between bites like Doctor Evil.

DoctorSusscrofa

This is exactly correct. I read it on a pay sight, but I couldn't post it here because I don't have a subscription and I couldn't get the link to work.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Oklahawg

There is a limit on the number of assistants who can be out on the road recruiting. Right now we can have the entire staff out recruiting. There is that advantage.

I suspect that part of CBB's work with coaches has been re-recruiting the current staff to stick with him.

With only 15 days to signing day, I bet recruits know what is likely happening with DC, but we may not hear until after signing day on all the various changes. They may not change the staff further during recruiting season.

Bottom line, I think CPR is the DC or CO-DC and they are cool with waiting until we have all been #ricepig'd.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

AirWarren

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on January 16, 2017, 01:05:26 pm
This is torture! Smith has officially "moved on" but we haven't found a new DC, and I know alot of you will say coach PR is going to be the new DC can't you see we are still recruiting high level defensive payers, they wouldn't show up to these kids houses without  telling them who the next DC will be. If thats true, why the hell has it not been made official yet???

You need to get a life man. There is way more out there than hogville and Razorback football you could be worried about.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2017, 01:40:31 pm
You need to get a life man. There is way more out there than hogville and Razorback football you could be worried about.

That's damn right (Morgan Freeman voice).

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2017, 01:40:31 pm
You are correct, but yet you are spending your time in telling him this.

snoop hawgy hawg

Quote from: elksnort on January 16, 2017, 01:53:35 pm
so I guess everyone thinks im in my moms basement with my razorback snuggy on as I type this..jokes on you!! Im actually at work!

With my razorback snuggy on.....

jgphillips3

I believe Fanonthehill said that there would be a players meeting tonight and they may, repeat may, be told then.  If so, I would think it would be out shortly thereafter.

AirWarren

Quote from: elksnort on January 16, 2017, 01:53:35 pm

Drop a deuce break at work.

tophawg19

it works like this , Since we don't have a D/c to go , CBB can go out and visit .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

duckman

WriterWrong

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 16, 2017, 01:38:42 pm
There is a limit on the number of assistants who can be out on the road recruiting. Right now we can have the entire staff out recruiting. There is that advantage.

I suspect that part of CBB's work with coaches has been re-recruiting the current staff to stick with him.

With only 15 days to signing day, I bet recruits know what is likely happening with DC, but we may not hear until after signing day on all the various changes. They may not change the staff further during recruiting season.

Bottom line, I think CPR is the DC or CO-DC and they are cool with waiting until we have all been #ricepig'd.

While CBB may know who the next DC/being hired to fill a vacant position on the defensive side, yes he could tell recruits so they know. But, I have to imagine those recruits getting to talk to and know their DC/position coach would help. If CPR is the new DC, easy enough. But, we're still making a hire and that coach wouldn't be able to recruit on behalf of Arkansas without being hired, am I correct on that? If we are bringing back Partridge like most of us want, it would be very beneficial for him to be on the road, not to wait till after signing day.

ricepig

GolfnHog

Your ability to be a drama queen is worth more in entertainment than the actual waiting.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Al Boarland

I'm not sure what big recruits on hanging on to see if PR is the guy that have other top tier SEC offers.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hawkhawg

aar0n

I don't know anything new about the hire, but I DO know that CBB (and any HC) is allowed to recruit in place of any assistant spot that's missing.  The HC is basically allowed to "absorb" the missing-assistant's visits and recruiting duties until the spot is filled, so I could see them taking advantage of this and just verbally letting recruits know that it'll be Rhoads in the meantime.

It makes zero difference (other than satisfying impatient a-hole fans) to rush announcing the hire, especially if you assume that he's already on staff anyway.

Al Boarland

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 16, 2017, 03:01:57 pm
Who would "want" to coach this defense? I mean sure some young buck with no experience would jump on it for the paycheck. But most established coordinators would not touch this train wreck with a 10 foot pole.
I think PR is the way to go. At least he knows what he's walking into. Defense is going to be tough sledding next season.

TrueBlue

It will be Rowdes.

Heard it from Niles Davis.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

majp51

Look on the bright side, this does at least likely mean they are going to try to fix the problem by hiring from the outside. The longer this goes on the less likely it will be CBB coaching nepotism.

nchogg

It will be whom ever CBB decides on. When he hired Rob Smith and the defense was good in 2014 everyone wanted him to get a raise so we could keep him then most jumped ship. darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Nosboar Accubond

ricepig

Quote from: nchogg on January 16, 2017, 03:48:34 pm
It will be whom ever CBB decides on. When he hired Rob Smith and the defense was good in 2014 everyone wanted him to get a raise so we could keep him then most jumped ship. darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Yeah, the site was full of "throw whatever it takes to keep him" posts, haha.

TNRazorbacker

I know, who in the heyl wouldn't want this job??

Come to Arkansas to be the neck to choke for a Defense that has been mostly poor to awful in recent memory. You'll get the opportunity to stop some of the most talented offenses in the nation using defenders two steps slower with a fraction of the skill. In a few years, when you fail miserably, we'll give you a virtual tar and feathering and run your sorry arse out of town on rails to make room for the next victim.

Opportunity of a lifetime for Godsake.

Piggfoot

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 16, 2017, 02:20:24 pm
it works like this , Since we don't have a D/c to go , CBB can go out and visit .
Bingo!! Give the man a rubber duck...
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

MissippHog

Quote from: aar0n on January 16, 2017, 03:08:02 pm
I don't know anything new about the hire, but I DO know that CBB (and any HC) is allowed to recruit in place of any assistant spot that's missing.  The HC is basically allowed to "absorb" the missing-assistant's visits and recruiting duties until the spot is filled, so I could see them taking advantage of this and just verbally letting recruits know that it'll be Rhoads in the meantime.

It makes zero difference (other than satisfying impatient a-hole fans) to rush announcing the hire, especially if you assume that he's already on staff anyway.
Exactly.  CBB is now allowed to go in Smith's place giving him more in home visits. 

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 16, 2017, 03:56:40 pm

Come to Arkansas to be the neck to choke for a Defense that has been mostly poor to awful in recent memory. You'll get the opportunity to stop some of the most talented offenses in the nation using defenders two steps slower with a fraction of the skill. In a few years, when you fail miserably, we'll give you a virtual tar and feathering and run your sorry arse out of town on rails to make room for the next victim.

...haha, well, but look on the bright side, if you played it right you could get a 15 year contract with the huge bbbuyout, and sit on the couch eaten sammiches watching the three stooges until those poor dumb arkys scrapped up your buyout.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

tbhogfan

Who would "want" to coach this defense? I mean sure some young buck with no experience would jump on it for the paycheck. But most established coordinators would not touch this train wreck with a 10 foot pole.
Someone who wants to establish or re-establish their DC cred by taking a D with all sorts of talent and turning them around.  Even putting us in the top 50 would be heralded as a huge improvement.  Our offense was #2 in Time of Possession last year, meaning our D was on the field less time than any other D in the country, save one.

We're probably not going to steal Alabama's, Clemson's, or The Ohio State's DC, but we have the resources to get a good one. 

Go Hogs!

RME

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 16, 2017, 03:56:40 pm

Yeah. This is definitely the mindset of individuals who have made it/are making it in the major college football world.
These people are some of the least egotistical, competitive, knowledgeable in their craft, and they like to shy away from challenges.

Give me a break.

1highhog

Quote from: NoogaHog on January 16, 2017, 02:59:02 pm
Sweet!

Now Dusty is a person I haven't seen in years, is he still alive??  He'd make a great DC, he'd show the guys how to use the brass knuckles and then hide them in their jocks.

jcbville

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on January 16, 2017, 02:12:41 pm
so I guess everyone thinks im in my moms basement with my razorback snuggy on as I type this..jokes on you!! Im actually at work!

With my razorback snuggy on.....

Well played...

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 16, 2017, 02:18:04 pm
I believe Fanonthehill said that there would be a players meeting tonight and they may, repeat may, be told then.  If so, I would think it would be out shortly thereafter.
Meeting is at 8pm.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

NotSoFastMyFriend

"Haven't found" or "haven't announced"? Big difference. And who's "we"?

Also - they aren't going to announce a new DC on MLK Jr. Day. That's just bad form. It can wait a day.

The_Bionic_Pig

I believe we're going to have Co-Defensive Coordinators one with a Asst. Head Coach title.

We're just mere weeks from signing day so their not going to yank Seagrest and maybe Hargreaves off their jobs.  This doesn't mean interviews haven't already taken place with nothing but a signature missing (Already Agreed Upon Employment)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

elksnort

Quote from: AP85 on January 16, 2017, 02:20:12 pm
Drop a deuce break at work.
I must admit I have perused Hogville while on the toilet. Good use of your time sir.

Tarheelhawg

Some folks question the validity of Co-defensive coordinators , but after this season it is clearly evident that one is needed for the first half and the other for the second half. 

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 02:49:13 pm
Who? We're naming a college as our DC?
Expensive college at that or is he talking about the American Dream?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 16, 2017, 05:45:31 pm
I believe we're going to have Co-Defensive Coordinators one with a Asst. Head Coach title.

We're just mere weeks from signing day so their not going to yank Seagrest and maybe Hargreaves off their jobs.  This doesn't mean interviews haven't already taken place with nothing but a signature missing (Already Agreed Upon Employment)

The recruits will never notice. They'll think Hargreaves and Segrest are safe. And just the thought of that will motivate the recruits to sign their letters of intent. Then, after the ink is dry we'll show them the Internet stories and rumors and yank their position coach right out from under their backsides. They'll never know what hit them.
But for now we'll let them think those guys are staying. They'll be totally fooled as long as we don't show them the Internet.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

hobhog

Really?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Dude it's ok. We were just waiting on UT to release Willie Martinez

I'm joking