Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bout bringing back Keith Burns for DB coach?

Started by Piggfoot, January 15, 2017, 06:41:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

.Coaching in HS in California. Shouldn't cost too much.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

I remember Burns but do not recall how well he did.

HogNiner12

jkstock04

Quote from: 12247 on January 15, 2017, 06:53:08 pm
I remember Burns but do not recall how well he did.
We had some mean defenses back then. Actual competent linebacker and DB play too (shocking I know.)

He wouldn't mesh with the current integrity ideology...that guy would scream and cuss up a storm that would make a sailor blush. That's not happening on our sidelines these days.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bacon_Bitz

You must've read this article

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/1/15/14272144/how-arkansas-next-defensive-coordinator-better-razorback-defense

Only thing is offense has changed so much in the past twenty years. We need an ultra modern defense to stop mobile QBs and modern spread offenses

Atlhogfan1

January 15, 2017, 07:23:02 pm #6 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:53:22 pm by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2017, 07:15:35 pm
We had some mean defenses back then. Actual competent linebacker and DB play too (shocking I know.)

He wouldn't mesh with the current integrity ideology...that guy would scream and cuss up a storm that would make a sailor blush. That's not happening on our sidelines these days.
Hatfield is no longer our coach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

sickboy

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 15, 2017, 07:18:37 pm
You must've read this article

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/1/15/14272144/how-arkansas-next-defensive-coordinator-better-razorback-defense

Only thing is offense has changed so much in the past twenty years. We need an ultra modern defense to stop mobile QBs and modern spread offenses
EXACTLY. I don't care about stats of DCs from over 5 years ago.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pigasaurus

I remember his big head laughing and fist pumping when Ole Miss got the lead early.  2010 I believe.  Loved his defenses but he has the taint of Nutt.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Hawgar The Horrible

It takes a total lack of character to mock integrity. Yes, I am speaking to you.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

WilsonHog

Maybe we can get Larry Beightol to coach the offensive line and Harold Horton to coach the linebackers.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 15, 2017, 07:38:36 pm
It takes a total lack of character to mock integrity. Yes, I am speaking to you.
Buuurrrnnnnnn

BTW...speaking of character, what percentage of your posts on here are belittling and "lacking of character?" Majority of them I would say. Not once have I ever called people idiots, stupid, cowards, etc. like you do.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 15, 2017, 07:23:02 pm

Burns was DC under Nutt.

(Although he was a GA under KH at Ark and also coached at Rice)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2017, 07:41:00 pm
Buuurrrnnnnnn

Quite possibly if those man boobs you're sporting get too close to the bonfire.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 07:43:25 pm
Burns was DC under Nutt.

(Although he was a GA under KH at Ark and also coached at Rice)

I know who Keith Burns is.  Wasn't the point of the post. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

His son was the GA here a couple of years back

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 15, 2017, 07:45:39 pm
I know who Keith Burns is.  Wasn't the point of the post. 

Testy tonight.....sorry dude.
BTW, we know Hatfield is no longer our coach. Geez.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 07:47:09 pm
Testy tonight.....sorry dude.  Smh

No.  Good mood.  Cowboys lost in epic heartbreaking fashion.  Now if the Chiefs will choke - again. 

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 15, 2017, 07:45:54 pm
His son was the GA here a couple of years back

Tanner Burns?? I didn't realize he was Keith's son. He's the special teams analyst.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/tanner-burns/

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2017, 07:41:00 pm
Buuurrrnnnnnn

BTW...speaking of character, what percentage of your posts on here are belittling and "lacking of character?" Majority of them I would say. Not once have I ever called people idiots, stupid, cowards, etc. like you do.

Like I do? You know damn well I don't respect your opinions. Calling you names is a total waste of time.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 15, 2017, 07:50:02 pm
Like I do? You know damn well I don't respect your opinions. Calling you names is a total waste of time.
You calling anyone out for "lack of character" is the pot calling the kettle black. High comedy. Look at your posts. All you do is come on here and pick fights in a very spiteful, hateful manner.

Have a nice evening.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 15, 2017, 07:52:46 pm
You calling anyone out for "lack of character" is the pot calling the kettle black. High comedy. Look at your posts. All you do is come on here and pick fights in a very spiteful, hateful manner.

Have a nice evening.

You too, sweet heart.

Are any of the analysts we have onboard that could become a great coach for us on the field?

elksnort

But maybe it should

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: elksnort on January 15, 2017, 08:05:53 pm
But maybe it should

We certainly don't show much emotion on the sidelines. Well, outside of bewilderment.

elksnort

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 08:08:50 pm
We certainly don't show much emotion on the sidelines. Well, outside of bewilderment.
this needs to change

Hawgphish

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 08:08:50 pm
But on the inside, several of our coaches are very active digesting massive amounts of food stuff.

(notOM)Rebel123

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 15, 2017, 08:12:01 pm
But on the inside, several of our coaches are very active digesting massive amounts of food stuff.

Probably best not to get too emotional on a full stomach. Hinders proper digestion.

Hawgphish

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 15, 2017, 08:13:07 pm
Probably best not to get too emotional on a full stomach. Hinders proper digestion.
You are correct sir.

jkstock04

Quote from: elksnort on January 15, 2017, 08:05:53 pm
But maybe it should
He was intense. If you sat close you would get an ear full.

I remember once seeing him in Sasha Lancasters face, with a hold on his face mask yanked down...a woman sitting pretty close putting her hands over her sons ears to mask the lunatic crazy level of cursing lol.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

elksnort

We cannot sacrifice speed for size on defense.
Maybe the strength and conditioning goals needs to change? Whatever the case we need to see more speed on defense

Hawgphish

Quote from: elksnort on January 15, 2017, 08:21:29 pm
We cannot sacrifice speed for size on defense.
Maybe the strength and conditioning goals needs to change? Whatever the case we need to see more speed on defense
Speaking of...I will not watch anymore "freaks come out at night" weight lifting sessions until we can run for a first down on 3rd and 1.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 15, 2017, 07:23:02 pm

You obviously never watched any practices when Hatfield was our coach.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 15, 2017, 08:26:04 pm
Speaking of...I will not watch anymore "freaks come out at night" weight lifting sessions until we can run for a first down on 3rd and 1.

No doubt. Those videos seem to lose their shine by the end of September.

rowdyhog

ballz2thewall

is the cat fight over, or are those guys pulling hair, now?
The rest of the frog.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jgphillips3

ur

No.    BB would prob approve of banging on the opponent's locker room door though.

Tusks

The last Hog DC to lead the D to right at 300 total defense/game.  100 rushing/200 passing.  around 16 points/game.

Hasn't been done since. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Hoggish1

ur

January 15, 2017, 09:21:36 pm #46 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:07:47 am by ur
8:00-9:35 min mark. Pure gold. You want this? No thanks.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 15, 2017, 10:16:01 pm
Code Red

There was never a code red. Biggest Myth in recent Razorback football history.

HamSammich

Sad thing is burns could probably save CBB.... so it will never happen.