Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy 10th Anniversary

Started by jbcarol, January 15, 2017, 06:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Happy Anniversary to the 1,550 other members who joined Hogville on this day 10 years ago.  I think it is the single day that the most new members came onboard.  Something big must have been going on.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Professor Psychosis

I registered after midnight on tomorrow's date.

The board was put into members only mode, hence why I registered.  I'd lurked as a Guest for about 2-3 years prior to that.

Lots of happenings in the football program at the time.  Rumors were flying, Gus and Mitch were leaving, and despair was everywhere.

Or, as I like to call it, "The Golden Age of Hogville."

The only other time like it was the week of the bike wreck/firing.  Today's Hogville is mild by comparison.

1highhog

I joined up on the 15th of 07, so it'll be 10 years for me as well.  I'm like most, lurked on here just to keep up with the daily rumors going on and to have something Razorback related to read between Football and Basketball.

CrookedSquealliry

tusksincolorado

I joined when Nuttless's EGO went bat-shat-crazy.... :puke:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

grayhawg

I joined 2 months and 9 days later.

Pigasaurus

I lurked then joined the day MM announced he was leaving.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

JIMMY BOARFFETT

The dark side had cookies, I couldn't pass that up.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

PonderinHog

jgphillips3

I joined April 8th, 2007.  Heady days those were. 

XX

Damn, yall are smart, can't remember when I joined...
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

MuskogeeHogFan

We have all levels of fans represented on here.

The Conservative, the Moderate, the Liberal and the over the top, out of their mind fringe elements that can make a web site look worse than it is. But the one thing that 99.9% of all our posters all have in common is our love for the Hogs, regardless of our viewpoints and how we express those at times. We probably need to keep that in mind more often when we respond to others.

The other thing about this board is that we have so many passionate fans who take their own personal time to become very educated about the details involving the sport that they seem to love the most. That produces a lot of good information on this board and many topics that are very worthy of discussion. This is something that many who are involved with this board and many more who only know it by name and reputation, tend to overlook.

I appreciate this board and I thank Lanny for providing it and all of the Admins who keep it running.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

I joined 10/5/06  I was done with nuts by 2000 when he lost to UNLV, bit it took another seven years to get rid of him.

By 2006 I was looking for a way to vent and Hogville came on my radar...

The rest is history!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 15, 2017, 09:59:27 am
We have all levels of fans represented on here.

The Conservative, the Moderate, the Liberal and the over the top, out of their mind fringe elements that can make a web site look worse than it is. But the one thing that 99.9% of all our posters all have in common is our love for the Hogs, regardless of our viewpoints and how we express those at times. We probably need to keep that in mind more often when we respond to others.

The other thing about this board is that we have so many passionate fans who take their own personal time to become very educated about the details involving the sport that they seem to love the most. That produces a lot of good information on this board and many topics that are very worthy of discussion. This is something that many who are involved with this board and many more who only know it by name and reputation, tend to overlook.

I appreciate this board and I thank Lanny for providing it and all of the Admins who keep it running.

Ahhhh....group hug time!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

1highhog

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on January 15, 2017, 09:47:02 am

It'll tell you when you look under your profile.

I believe we all have about the same wish list but different ways of attaining those goals.

The Copenhagen Kid

Dang I got old in these 10 years

jgphillips3

Quote from: The Copenhagen Kid on January 15, 2017, 11:44:06 am
Dang I got old in these 10 years

I know what you mean, I got older in these last ten years than ever before.

rhog1

January 15, 2017, 02:40:08 pm #19 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:52:58 pm by rhog1
I registered 2/16/2007. Almost 10 years.  I lurked for quite a while before the excitement of that time caused me to sign up.

Hogarusa

It sure has been a fun message board ride for 10 years
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pig in the Pokey

January 15, 2017, 07:52:33 pm #21 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:24:59 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: jbcarol on January 15, 2017, 06:30:05 am
Happy Anniversary to the 1,550 other members who joined Hogville on this day 10 years ago.  I think it is the single day that the most new members came onboard.  Something big must have been going on.
i was here, had been since 2004, just called Slackaveli back then/
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

sowmonella

Newbies. I'm going on 14 years. :P
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

oldhawg

Hard to believe that I've been lurking around this site off and on since 2004.  Guess I have not found a better place to get my Razorback "fix" from time to time. 

Have to admit though, that I do miss the days when we could count on John McDonnell's teams vying for national honors every year, Nolan Richardson's teams playing in March Madness 14 out of 18 years, Ken Hatfield's six straight bowl games, including one Orange Bowl and two Cotton Bowls (Despite his dismal bowl record).  However the baseball team, following Norm DeBriyn's success, has more than held its own under Dave van Horn.

I swear off HV periodically, but eventually come back to see what's happening with the Hogs.  What I find out is that things don't change much right now ---- some folks complain, and some are are constant sunshine pumpers.  It's those few that genuinely try to tell it like it is that I look for, whether I agree with them or not.

February 1st is just around the corner, new coach(s) should be on board, new players signed, March Madness teams beginning to shape up (hopefully including the Hogs), baseball just around the corner ---- a time for optimism. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jbcarol on January 15, 2017, 06:30:05 am

I was one of them.  Just now realized it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenie

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on January 15, 2017, 09:47:02 am

Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr. Randy Watson...damn that boy can sing!

Großer Kriegschwein

I joined in November 2012. I was desperate for some decent news of the search.
This is my non-signature signature.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 15, 2017, 08:48:55 am

I joined when Nuttless's EGO went bat-shat-crazy.... :puke:

So you've been around a while, huh?  I think I joined then too.  I got banned from another board when I shared Nutt's record broken down by opponents final SEC record.  Found Hogville and never looked back.

GolfnHog

11/8/2006 for me. I'd just retired and moved from Texas back to AR. I'd like to attribute some the gray hairs to the ex-wife but I'm thinking HV and Razorback drama has some responsibility.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

V-town Hog

I lurked under another profile I think. It shows I rejoined in Feb. 2011. I'm sure I was looking for info. on all those awesome receivers that came in that year. My time here has been much like that lone RB signed, Kody Walker. Flashes of goodness with a lot of injuries.

BaggerHog

Nov. 30, 2005

By my post count it's obvious I don't post much. A huge percentage of those post came during the HDN turmoil. I'm probably older than ninth five percent of the posters on this board. I started out being very bold with my opinions but found out after a few years the younger fans for the most part did not share or want to hear most of my opinions so I slowed down my posting considerably.

However,

I have great memories of much better days. Days when we were relevant on a national scale. Days when we battled Texas and Oklahoma for those great East Texas recruits and got our share of the good ones. Days when we got almost every Arkansas kid we wanted.

I will cherish those great memories until the day the Lord calls me home and I truly hope the younger fans will also have similar memories some day as well. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on January 16, 2017, 04:21:12 pm
Nov. 30, 2005

By my post count it's obvious I don't post much. A huge percentage of those post came during the HDN turmoil. I'm probably older than ninth five percent of the posters on this board. I started out being very bold with my opinions but found out after a few years the younger fans for the most part did not share or want to hear most of my opinions so I slowed down my posting considerably.

However,

I have great memories of much better days. Days when we were relevant on a national scale. Days when we battled Texas and Oklahoma for those great East Texas recruits and got our share of the good ones. Days when we got almost every Arkansas kid we wanted.

I will cherish those great memories until the day the Lord calls me home and I truly hope the younger fans will also have similar memories some day as well. 

Great post brother
Go away, batin'

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ThisTeetsTaken

December 2004.  Right after we went 5-6.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***