Started by Deep Shoat, January 06, 2017, 02:35:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hogwild on January 07, 2017, 01:32:27 am
Florida fired  both Zook & Muschamp:

Zook  23-14 (16-8)
Muschamp 28-21 (17-15)

25-26 (10-22)
True, but he also hired Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan when both were at the mid-major level, and they both won national titles.

Hogwild

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 07, 2017, 11:30:20 pm
True, but he also hired Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan when both were at the mid-major level, and they both won national titles.

Do really think at this point, Jeff Long pull that rabbit out of his hat?

Torqued pork

Bielema's buyout was too high and one-sided. Anyone who loves the Razorbacks has a right to question the wisdom of it and hope like heck it won't be any more relevant than it is now.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 06, 2017, 05:21:19 pm
Forever waiting for an anti-Long poster to answer who they would've hired instead of Bielema at the time, and how Bielema's subpar performances are Long's fault?

Wonder what we'd find at the time of the Bielema hire if we took the time to go back through some posters' history...

EDIT: Well, for instance:

who would we hire instead that would be better Bear Bryants dead corpse.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

GrouchyOldGuy

Would Gundy come here? If so he would be winning 8/9 games a year!

HardCore

Quote from: younghog on January 07, 2017, 10:18:39 am
Apples and oranges.. Advise how we should receive credit?

You can Doubt JL all you wish to.. Several Top 5's would be biting at the nails to have him..

GO HOGS

Well, here is the chance to see if that is the case.......he should be getting that call from Austin any day now.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogwild on January 08, 2017, 01:18:41 am
Do really think at this point, Jeff Long pull that rabbit out of his hat?

Sure he could. Would it be more difficult here versus there of course. There are schools in great locations that have advantages in recruiting that have not won a NC in many years. All it takes is the right coach in the right place at the right time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PearlHarbor

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 06, 2017, 02:35:10 pm
Just to show you how good you are at judging talent...
Jeff Long is one of the best AD's in the country, and his bosses know it.  The only way he goes ANYWHERE is if HE chooses to get away from the idiots attacking him on twitter.

Couldn't help but notice there is not one word about our w/l record. Wonder why that is?

PearlHarbor

Jeff Long gave the worst coach Arkansas has EVER had (statistically, and w/l column), an 18mil buyout.

He has not made one good hire, on his own.

You can say hey, that's a great AD all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

ricepig

Quote from: PearlHarbor on January 08, 2017, 09:57:47 am
Jeff Long gave the worst coach Arkansas has EVER had (statistically, and w/l column), an 18mil buyout.

He has not made one good hire, on his own.

You can say hey, that's a great AD all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Uh....no.....a $15.4M buyout, but if you don't intend to fire the coach for X amount of years, then it's nothing.

Redhogs

Quote from: Hogwild on January 07, 2017, 01:52:13 pm
The problem is we are no longer 7th or 8th in the pecking order.

- Long started at the end of '07, since then only 3 schools have a worse conference winning percentage. No team in the West has more conference losses.
- In the CBB era, only Kentucky (8 ) and Vandy (9) have less conference wins.
- In year 4, only Ole Miss and Missouri had less conference wins.
- Past 5 seasons 12 of the 14 SEC teams have finished a season ranked, Kentucky and Arkansas are the exceptions.
- In Long's 9 years we have 2 season in which we finished the season ranked, only team with less Kentucky, zero.
- Currently, we have the 10th best recruiting class in the conference, 6th in the West.
- Our Football's APR ranking highest ranking was 10th in the conference, and that was when we only had 12 teams in the SEC.  The last three releases placed us 12th (2016), 14th (2015), 13th (2014). 
I'm glad to see the CBB is taking steps to improve our rates, but this is a rolling 4 year average, and through most of Long's tenure we have been at the bottom.
Wow. That was an eye opener. Building it the wrong way.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

BigE_23

Quote from: Hogwild on January 07, 2017, 01:52:13 pm
The problem is we are no longer 7th or 8th in the pecking order.

- Long started at the end of '07, since then only 3 schools have a worse conference winning percentage. No team in the West has more conference losses.
- In the CBB era, only Kentucky (8 ) and Vandy (9) have less conference wins.
- In year 4, only Ole Miss and Missouri had less conference wins.
- Past 5 seasons 12 of the 14 SEC teams have finished a season ranked, Kentucky and Arkansas are the exceptions.
- In Long's 9 years we have 2 season in which we finished the season ranked, only team with less Kentucky, zero.
- Currently, we have the 10th best recruiting class in the conference, 6th in the West.
- Our Football's APR ranking highest ranking was 10th in the conference, and that was when we only had 12 teams in the SEC.  The last three releases placed us 12th (2016), 14th (2015), 13th (2014). 
I'm glad to see the CBB is taking steps to improve our rates, but this is a rolling 4 year average, and through most of Long's tenure we have been at the bottom.

No one in their right mind can read this information and defend Jeff Long as a "good/great Athletic Director"

LZH

Quote from: GrouchyOldGuy on January 08, 2017, 06:45:30 am
Would Gundy come here? If so he would be winning 8/9 games a year!

Didn't he turn us down? I believe that is what I remember reading.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2017, 10:14:39 am
Didn't he turn us down? I believe that is what I remember reading.

Gundy used our interest, that is all. I don't believe that there is any possible way he would ever come to Arkansas. It is a more difficult task than he has at the moment. But if he did, you would see our Texas recruiting greatly improve at least in terms of numbers.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 06, 2017, 02:36:46 pm
Wins and Losses in the 2 big sports, that is all most of us care about. Not piling up directors points in Track or Women Sports.

I care about all of them and a lot of other people do also.........I believe that a lot of those not financially invested season ticket holders, foundation members or not alums or attend games are the one's that don't care about the whole program.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawger, I don't remember ever calling for Long's head.  I believe I am among those that don't see his great accomplishments in his position as over accomplishment, something that a very few could have done, him being a great AD, etc.. 

I will say this.  If keeping score in football games and basketball games was outlawed and winners were to never be mentioned, great colleges would be using their sports facilities to house hay for the Ag Department or storage barns for the transportation department in 15 years or less.  When we find every means possible to keep under performing people on the pay roll, we are not doing a service to ourselves, much less the entire community.  I will also say that as benefits go, every sports minded school would be better off shutting down every sports program completely and putting all that money into assuring we have a boatload of scholars in math, english, chemistry, medicine, and other major endeavors.  Problem is that most of the money currently spent on sports programs will not be spent on those more deserving items until someone invents a way to make those programs exciting, competitive, duals at every level.  If Long doesn't find a way to get the football and basketball teams competitive, those other great works won't save him from the junk heap.

Hawger, next time you view a football game on TV, note that the band, which many times has more awards than the football team is shown on TV a bit at halftime or not at all.  Usually, there is a small pitch for each school about the school at halftime too, usually mentioning the scholars turned out. etc.  Know anyone who could repeat that message 10 minutes later if not prompted beforehand.  No, you don't.  Unfortunately, outstanding band members, wonderful swimmers, #1 English departments, they just don't sell tickets to go see those things.  I personally believe that is unfair but given a choice of going over to the pool to watch the swim team whip up on another school or going to the football game, I like most, choose the football game.  Competition is the fuel that runs the big money engines that funds the buildings, staffs and fields the teams. 

Being Non-competitive will eventually dry up the money that the great one has to spend.  It will take time.  As long as there is any hope, most will hang on.  But when the teams the givers pay for and pay to see are not competitive long enough the fans and givers will wonder away.  In the long haul, COMPETITIVE COMPETITION pays for everything at the sports programs, including the great ones salary.

ricepig

I can see him leaving after another 10-12 years.

BigE_23

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
I can see him leaving after another 10-12 years.

After we miss the tourney in basketball and go 7-5 again next year in football, I can see him gone in 10-12 MONTHS.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2017, 12:13:23 pm
Hawger, I don't remember ever calling for Long's head.  I believe I am among those that don't see his great accomplishments in his position as over accomplishment, something that a very few could have done, him being a great AD, etc.. 

I will say this.  If keeping score in football games and basketball games was outlawed and winners were to never be mentioned, great colleges would be using their sports facilities to house hay for the Ag Department or storage barns for the transportation department in 15 years or less.  When we find every means possible to keep under performing people on the pay roll, we are not doing a service to ourselves, much less the entire community.  I will also say that as benefits go, every sports minded school would be better off shutting down every sports program completely and putting all that money into assuring we have a boatload of scholars in math, english, chemistry, medicine, and other major endeavors.  Problem is that most of the money currently spent on sports programs will not be spent on those more deserving items until someone invents a way to make those programs exciting, competitive, duals at every level.  If Long doesn't find a way to get the football and basketball teams competitive, those other great works won't save him from the junk heap.

Hawger, next time you view a football game on TV, note that the band, which many times has more awards than the football team is shown on TV a bit at halftime or not at all.  Usually, there is a small pitch for each school about the school at halftime too, usually mentioning the scholars turned out. etc.  Know anyone who could repeat that message 10 minutes later if not prompted beforehand.  No, you don't.  Unfortunately, outstanding band members, wonderful swimmers, #1 English departments, they just don't sell tickets to go see those things.  I personally believe that is unfair but given a choice of going over to the pool to watch the swim team whip up on another school or going to the football game, I like most, choose the football game.  Competition is the fuel that runs the big money engines that funds the buildings, staffs and fields the teams. 

Being Non-competitive will eventually dry up the money that the great one has to spend.  It will take time.  As long as there is any hope, most will hang on.  But when the teams the givers pay for and pay to see are not competitive long enough the fans and givers will wonder away.  In the long haul, COMPETITIVE COMPETITION pays for everything at the sports programs, including the great ones salary.

This drivel coming from the genius who wrote in October of 2016 that Bama was a bad team by Bama standards. Your posts should always be considered invalid.

Here is your post:
We just played and beat a team that is just as good as we are.  It is when you beat a team of your measure standing toe to toe that it shows you are made of something and tonight we did that.  We still stunk against A&M and we lost to a bad by BAMA standards BAMA team.  Bama stunk last week and we still got beat by a big number sort of like A&M.  I can give credit where credit is due and I still can pull my head out of the coaches rear and see when we stink and don't play as we should.

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2017, 12:13:23 pm

A very, very good post but the Long huggers won't like it as has already been illustrated above. +1000 to you.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: LZH on January 07, 2017, 12:36:15 pm
I will leave this alone after this. I honestly don't believe that Jeff Long cried alligator tears when he made that announcement. I truly believe he felt betrayed and thought Bobby was his friend. Of course, I can't help but think that he also knew about the galpal, but that wasn't quite the issue at the time. It is not the crime that gets you, it is the lie in the cover-up.

All Bobby had to do was say yes I will accept the pay cut and the sanctions and that would have been that. Anyone remember that rally that was supposed to have 12000-15000 people with signs screaming "keep BP edited"? When I saw that only about 200 people showed up I knew we were in trouble. At that time I didn't want him to go either.

But when the facts came out I certainly believe that he should have been fired 100%. I have been in business most of my adult life and I will be damn if anyone is going to hold me over a barrel when it is my table he is taking food off of.

People can say what they want about his record against Alabama or whoever, but Bobby Petrino could take a clipboard and whip your ass and 90% of the coaches in college football were not only aware of it, some were damn-near afraid of it.

That is why he was offered a deal but was so freakin arrogant that he never thought in a million years that he would be fired. Believe what you want to but that is the by-God truth.

Bobby Petrino just went 9-4 with a Heisman winning QB. He isn't whipping very much ass, clipboard or no. I doubt anybody was then or is now afraid of Bobby Petrino. He is what he has always been, an above average offensive mind, who is difficult to deal with.

GuvHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 08, 2017, 04:12:00 pm
Bobby Petrino just went 9-4 with a Heisman winning QB. He isn't whipping very much ass, clipboard or no. I doubt anybody was then or is now afraid of Bobby Petrino. He is what he has always been, an above average offensive mind, who is difficult to deal with.

Hey, I would have been thrilled if the Hogs had won 9 games this year but Bret was barely able to manage leading the team to 7 wins so don't be knocking something our Hogs couldn't accomplish. Doing that makes you look rather petty.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

Point taken.

BTW....how would you keep him from hanging 50 on your defense?

Just saying that a hotshot like him is the only way we're gonna really compete here.

If BB can hire a DC as good as Enos is an OC, stop whiffing on recruits and develop the kids we have, and really get nasty in practice, not to mention the 4th qtr in games, I'll regain interest.

1highhog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 06, 2017, 02:36:46 pm
Wins and Losses in the 2 big sports, that is all most of us care about. Not piling up directors points in Track or Women Sports.

That's all that inbred people care about, any other College in the Nation would want Jeff Long and I for one would hate to see him go.  Across the Nation, AD's and Sport's people lauded Frank Broyles for what he was able to accomplish at wittle ole Arky saw, and Jeff Long has equaled that and even went beyond what Frank was able to do.  People say you never want to follow a legend be it in sports, Example:  Nolan Richardson-Heath,,,Fail, Heath was in a no win situation here.  No way was he going to do as good a job and lead us to the heights of where Nolan had us.  But Jeff Long has done even better than his predecessor.

jkstock04

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2017, 04:39:36 pm
Point taken.

Just saying that a hotshot like him is the only way we're gonna really compete here.

If BB can hire a DC as good as Enos is an OC, stop whiffing on recruits and develop the kids we have, and really get nasty in practice, not to mention the 4th qtr in games, I'll regain interest.

The overall culture of the football program is no longer to win a multitude football games. Not that much pressure on the program to win many conference games. Jeff Long has created this culture.

The way I look at it, for me to continue to have "interest" like you put it...I have to 100% support the above. That's honestly what it's come to. Our ceiling is probably 8 wins...but we can hold our heads high, and have pride knowing we did it the right way with more integrity than the rest of the SEC. That may sound facetious but I'm being serious. That's honestly the reality (the way I see it) of the current situation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Razorbax

Dudley Dawson said he knew of it. Hard to hide it in a small office.
Quote from: LZH on January 07, 2017, 12:36:15 pm
I will leave this alone after this. I honestly don't believe that Jeff Long cried alligator tears when he made that announcement. I truly believe he felt betrayed and thought Bobby was his friend. Of course, I can't help but think that he also knew about the galpal, but that wasn't quite the issue at the time. It is not the crime that gets you, it is the lie in the cover-up.

All Bobby had to do was say yes I will accept the pay cut and the sanctions and that would have been that. Anyone remember that rally that was supposed to have 12000-15000 people with signs screaming "keep BP edited"? When I saw that only about 200 people showed up I knew we were in trouble. At that time I didn't want him to go either.

But when the facts came out I certainly believe that he should have been fired 100%. I have been in business most of my adult life and I will be damn if anyone is going to hold me over a barrel when it is my table he is taking food off of.

People can say what they want about his record against Alabama or whoever, but Bobby Petrino could take a clipboard and whip your ass and 90% of the coaches in college football were not only aware of it, some were damn-near afraid of it.

That is why he was offered a deal but was so freakin arrogant that he never thought in a million years that he would be fired. Believe what you want to but that is the by-God truth.

LZH

Quote from: Razorbax on January 08, 2017, 05:34:11 pm
Dudley Dawson said he knew of it. Hard to hide it in a small office.

Only goes to show.......

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: GuvHog on January 08, 2017, 02:40:28 pm
A very, very good post but the Long huggers won't like it as has already been illustrated above. +1000 to you.
Yep but their arrogance and acting like they(the Long huggers) are all knowing is fools gold. Don't think for a minit that there aren't big boosters,board members, foundation members thinking about the obvious. Which is that we look horrible on the field and are weak in multiple sports.

Dwillhog66, The Saturday BAMA and Arkansas played in October, 2016, BAMA played a bad game for them.  Saban was pissed much of the game because neither his coaching staff nor the players were mentally that in to the game.  And they still beat us like a drum.

I also stand by that BAMA was bad by BAMA standards because they were.  Prehaps I could have made myself more clear by indicating that I meant on that day.  I did go on to say that BAMA stunk LAST WEEK which could give a person of sound mind a feel for what I meant.  Prehaps thats why you missed the point.

Jonteviosk

Who unlike BB Knows how to win football games and not fall apart against joke of teams.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

factchecker

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 08, 2017, 06:11:34 pm
Who unlike BB Knows how to win football games and not fall apart against joke of teams.

He [CENSORED] lost to 7-6 Kentucky with the Heisman winner at QB..... yeah that is Nuttish.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LZH on January 08, 2017, 04:39:36 pm
Point taken.

I am afraid you may be waiting awhile....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Jonteviosk

Quote from: factchecker on January 08, 2017, 06:13:16 pm
He [CENSORED] lost to 7-6 Kentucky with the Heisman winner at QB..... yeah that is Nuttish.

Losing to a Bowl Kentucky team is worse than losing to a joke of a Missouri team....How many wins did he have including over Florida St and how many did we have? (9-7). A world of difference...But you keep defending Bert Bielema and his integrity...Good luck with that.

factchecker

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 08, 2017, 06:32:41 pm
Losing to a Bowl Kentucky team is worse than losing to a joke of a Missouri team....How many wins did he have including over Florida St and how many did we have? (9-7). A world of difference...But you keep defending Bret Bielema and his integrity...Good luck with that.

I ain't defending darn.  Losing to a team who got the darn kicked out of them by Florida (45-7) is bad regardless of what happened in Arkansas..... especially when you have a game breaker like Lamar Jackson.

I don't want Booby Perverto back here.  If/when Bielema is gone I hope we get someone who can actually win the big game.  Booby hasn't won a conference title in how long?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jonteviosk

Quote from: factchecker on January 08, 2017, 06:39:10 pm
I ain't defending darn.  Losing to a team who got the darn kicked out of them by Florida (45-7) is bad regardless of what happened in Arkansas..... especially when you have a game breaker like Lamar Jackson.

I don't want Booby Perverto back here.  If/when Bielema is gone I hope we get someone who can actually win the big game.  Booby hasn't won a conference title in how long?

Bobby was at least in the race back to back 6-2 conf records. 4 yrs for both Petrino 34-17 as opposed to Burt 25-26. World of difference in quality. Also Petrino did beat LSU to get to the Sugar Bowl whats Burts highlight beating a .500 texas in the Texas bowl real impressive.

I will point out the Lamar the Louisville QB was a 3 star.  Oh but that cannot be cause we get 3 stars all day long and most of them just can't play, right.  Depends sometimes if they are coached.

To answer a early question in this thread concerning who would you have hired 4 years back.  My first choice would have been Malzahn and he was available.  My second choice would have been Butch Davis and he was available.  Butch had been cleared of wrongdoing at NC by this time.  My 3rd choice would have been Peterson the now Washington coach and I bet he would not have been interested  but still my choice.  My 4th pick would have been Leach.  My 5th pick would have been Tuberville and I believe he was available.   I believe 4 of these 5 would have jumped at the opportunity to coach here for the money being offered, maybe all 5.  Bret Bielema would not have been my choice at any level.  I didn't like the hire then as now.

factchecker

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 08, 2017, 06:41:51 pm
Bobby was at least in the race back to back 6-2 conf records. 4 yrs for both Petrino 34-17 as opposed to Bret 25-26. World of difference in quality.

Cool.... how many conference championships did we win?  You are still comparing Petrino to Bielema. I don't want either.

The only reason Bielema gets my support is because he is here right now.  Do I think he will win?  It sure as hell doesn't look like it right now.  We are stuck with him right now due to the one sided buyout.  I will never root against my alma mater because of the coach.

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2017, 06:44:37 pm
My second choice would have been Butch Davis and he was available.  Butch had been cleared of wrongdoing at NC by this time. 

Butch is the one I wanted.  I think he could have helped the program tremendously.

I do not want Leach.  He is an overrated blowhard.  You think losing to Toledo is bad.  Leach routinely loses to FCS teams.... :puke:

Peterson would not come here or any other non-west coast program.  He has family issues that keeps him tied to the west coast.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: 1highhog on January 08, 2017, 05:01:26 pm
... and Jeff Long has equaled that and even went beyond what Frank was able to do.  ....

in what alternate universe?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

factchecker

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 08, 2017, 06:41:51 pm
Also Petrino did beat LSU to get to the Sugar Bowl whats Burts highlight beating a .500 texas in the Texas bowl real impressive.

Beating Texas is always fun regardless of record.  Beating SEC East champ Florida this year was an ok win.

Going to the Sugar was great but we should have won that game.  Freakin "Burt" beat Ohio State that year.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jkstock04

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 08, 2017, 07:01:14 pm
in what alternate universe?
Graduating/grades/APR, CFP committee, & integrity.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 08, 2017, 07:16:48 pm
Graduating/grades/APR, CFP committee, & integrity.

Silly me.....I thought Long was the ATHLETIC director, not the Dean of Education.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ricepig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 08, 2017, 07:26:43 pm
I thought Long was the ATHLETIC director, not the Dean of Education.

Correct, the coaches answer to Long, Long answers to the Chancellor, the Chancellor answers to the President, they all answer to the BOT.

tusksincolorado

Silly me.....I thought Long was the ATHLETIC director, not the Dean of Education.

Silly me....I thought we are speaking about the athletic department at The University of Arkansas, the State's flagship of higher education. I guess graduation and APR just doesn't matter. 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogsanity

He is, and the ATHLETIC DEPT is in great shape.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 08, 2017, 07:59:36 pm
Silly me....I thought we are speaking about the athletic department at The University of Arkansas, the State's flagship of higher education. I guess graduation and APR just doesn't matter.

You didn't know that the University of Arkansas only exists because of the Arkansas Razorbacks football team, not vice versa???

grayhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 08:07:57 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 08:07:57 pm
Financially most will agree,on the field our football program cannot put together 4 good quarters.

hogsanity

Quote from: grayhawg on January 08, 2017, 08:14:46 pm
Financially most will agree,on the field our football program cannot put together 4 good quarters.

2 very different things, one is the responsibility of the AD, one is not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: grayhawg on January 08, 2017, 08:14:46 pm

Some games yes, some games no.

BaggerHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 08, 2017, 05:01:26 pm
That's all that inbred people care about, any other College in the Nation would want Jeff Long and I for one would hate to see him go.  Across the Nation, AD's and Sport's people lauded Frank Broyles for what he was able to accomplish at wittle ole Arky saw, and Jeff Long has equaled that and even went beyond what Frank was able to do. People say you never want to follow a legend be it in sports, Example:  Nolan Richardson-Heath,,,Fail, Heath was in a no win situation here.  No way was he going to do as good a job and lead us to the heights of where Nolan had us.  But Jeff Long has done even better than his predecessor.

I've followed Razorback football for over sixty years. I saw Frank Broyles take a nothing program and build it into one of the most respected programs in the nation.

I've been on this message board over ten years and I do believe this is the most asinine statement I've ever seen posted on this board.

grayhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 08:17:20 pm
2 very different things, one is the responsibility of the AD, one is not.
So who do the coaches answer to?