Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley as the real #2?

Started by Porked Tongue, August 20, 2016, 05:14:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hogsanity on August 24, 2016, 08:52:09 am
BUt was BB saying these things about TS or RT? Was he saying they were pushing for time as the #2 as a TR FR? No. Those who were proclaiming their greatness were people who had no real knowledge of what they were doing in practices or in the position meetings.

In the case of CK it is the head coach who is praising him. It is his OC who is saying it. How are they saying it? Well, by leaping him over RT and RP and maybe even TS for the #2 spot. Also, if a couple comments posted here are to be believed, the coaches think CK would be starting if he had more knowledge of the play book. That is the difference. It is not some guy who saw TS dominate inferior teams in 4A. It is not some guy watching RP on his hudl hilites.

Funny how you cut off the last half of my post to get to the MAIN point I was making.

BTW, I'm super-excited about CK.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogsanity

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 24, 2016, 08:56:17 am
Funny how you cut off the last half of my post to get to the MAIN point I was making.

BTW, I'm super-excited about CK.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I thought that part of your post pointed out best that it is often the fans who proclaim these guys great based on nothing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elviscat

Kelly, is Ryan Mallet with wheels.

Jim Harris

Quote from: elviscat on August 24, 2016, 09:40:17 am

is he smarter and with wheels?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on August 24, 2016, 08:45:09 am
Don't worry someone will start a rumor that Cole Kelley is dating the Allen sister.

He's actually the Allen sister, better rumor........

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on August 24, 2016, 09:48:10 am

We're not Aggies
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on August 24, 2016, 09:48:10 am

much better, and seems to be in keeping with society today too. Well played.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwild

Quote from: factchecker on August 24, 2016, 10:00:03 am

We're not Aggies

No Aggies date their own family members-

Texas A&M Junior linebacker Josh Walker was arrested on Friday afternoon on charges of assault causing bodily injury to a family member and interfering with emergency request for assistance after a domestic dispute with his girlfriend. He posted $9,000 bond at the Brazos County Jail on Saturday night and was released Sunday

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hogwild on August 24, 2016, 10:24:20 am
No Aggies date their own family members-

Funny.
But it's impossible he had an argument with his girlfriend and a family member showed up to stop him?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

During his LR TD Club speech CBB when talking about Freshmen who would contribute this year mentioned Cole Kelly as one of the ones looking for possible playing time. First time i heard him be included in that list which means there is a real possiblity of him being #2.

Additionally if anybody here listened to his interview on Drive Time Sports he mentioned that Austin Allen's completion percentage as well as TD ratio percentage wise for the entire Fall Camp rated 1% higher than BA last year so...in other words.

I don't think AA has much to worry about unless he goes down and CK gets to play and does well enough to keep the job.
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 24, 2016, 10:55:43 am
He brings his own scantrons
But can he high five a ref when trotting off the field ???

hog.goblin

Porked Tongue

#2 vs "the real #2".

It's exactly what I alluded to on the first post.

Knock'em dead AA  Let the 2nd string play meaningless mop up.

jeramyaupton

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on August 21, 2016, 08:24:42 pm
I don't know his motives, but possibly not.

Someone meant to start a thread titled:
I just saw Steven Hill.

Instead it was:
I just Steven Hill

With that being the thread's title, it was an immediate eye sore.
The thread within about 5 posts became a pages long work of fantastic absurdity.

This is how I remember it at least.

That's precisely what happened. It was my thread. Like forever ago. I saw Steven Hill at the promenade and in my rush to tell the story I mistyped the title of the thread. Leaving out a single word turned what was meant to be an innocuous thread into the stuff of hogville legend.

True story. I was bent about it at first but as grew more accustomed the sense of humor exhibited by this circus of a forum I realized it was meant to be celebrated. Also, as an inside joke it was a great indicator of those users to whom we owe the thanks for lurking around this place and keeping it going while the rest of us come and go and start threads with missing words.

Oklahawg

Do not bump old threads needlessly.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Lanny

Quote from: jeramyaupton on January 18, 2017, 01:21:49 pm
That's precisely what happened. It was my thread. Like forever ago. I saw Steven Hill at the promenade and in my rush to tell the story I mistyped the title of the thread. Leaving out a single word turned what was meant to be an innocuous thread into the stuff of hogville legend.

True story. I was bent about it at first but as grew more accustomed the sense of humor exhibited by this circus of a forum I realized it was meant to be celebrated. Also, as an inside joke it was a great indicator of those users to whom we owe the thanks for lurking around this place and keeping it going while the rest of us come and go and start threads with missing words.
I do that all the time, leaving out a critical verb or word. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Supermark101

Quote from: elviscat on August 24, 2016, 09:40:17 am

So he's Matt Jones with an arm?

Snizzzo

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 24, 2017, 03:33:14 am
So he's Matt Jones with an arm?

Maybe he is Quinn Grovey with height, or Joe Ferguson with a southern accent. 

RazorWhacker

Or maybe he's Tarvaris Jackson with a coach?

1highhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 20, 2016, 05:18:27 pm
No kidding. Red shirting a #2 doesn't make sense. I don't remember ever hearing of that happening.

That's another thing that annoys me about Bielema or should I say that I just can't figure out about him.  On the games that we should have a realistic shot of manhandling, we need our 2nd string guys, especially QB, in there as early as possible.  Austin is a senior this coming season so Bielema wants his #2 QB to have zero game experience???

Ugh, I didn't see how fragging old this thread was before posting the above, why is this thing still around?

Supermark101

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 24, 2017, 06:37:13 am

Ha, not according to some. Jackson was a small guy wasn't he?

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 24, 2017, 07:02:25 am
Ha, not according to some. Jackson was a small guy wasn't he?

Maybe. We didn't see him much. LOL. I wanted to use Matt Jones, but someone beat me to it. I thought about using Mitch Mustain, but decided I didn't want to start that Shot Storm.

Supermark101

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 24, 2017, 07:12:24 am
Maybe. We didn't see him much. LOL. I wanted to use Matt Jones, but someone beat me to it. I thought about using Mitch Mustain, but decided I didn't want to start that Shot Storm.

Tarvaris Jackson with a coach = Lamar Jackson....yeah I went there.

King Kong

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 24, 2017, 07:55:01 am

No. Tarvaris a very good passer much better than Lamar Jackson. But nowhere near the type of runner Lamar is

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 24, 2017, 06:37:13 am

circumstances had a lot to do with TJ here.. how do you really put MJ at WR in college... but obviously the kid had talent... hindsight says find him some game time... with both on the field.. I know they talked about it several times..

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 24, 2017, 07:55:01 am

Worst player comparison I have seen. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 25, 2017, 09:32:22 am
circumstances had a lot to do with TJ here.. how do you really put MJ at WR in college... but obviously the kid had talent... hindsight says find him some game time... with both on the field.. I know they talked about it several times..

The funny thing is TJ went to the pros as a qb and Matt jones went as a receiver. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Porked Tongue

Enjoyed rereading this thread.

I enjoyed rereading this thread.  Couldn't help but remember that BB used Cole in the scrimmages more than he did others except Austin.  Either BB seen immediately that his 4 star fellows in Peavey, Storey and Town were not that good or he didn't take the time to evaluate them properly.  Half way through Spring practice with 4 decent star possibles on the field, our HC can clearly see its Austin by a mile and then Cole appears second based on plays in the scrimmages.  I and I think, most everybody believed that Cole would be redshirted and I wondered why you would use many plays on a Guy who was not going to play when the Guy who likely might play set on his ass.  I guess this is a good way to motivate players.  Two of the 3 players who to me appeared to get crapped on left the team.  Maybe we can see what these players do for other teams and maybe then learn why BB didn't see that much in them.

southeasthog

Quote from: 12247 on January 29, 2017, 05:23:20 pm
I enjoyed rereading this thread.  Couldn't help but remember that BB used Cole in the scrimmages more than he did others except Austin.  Either BB seen immediately that his 4 star fellows in Peavey, Storey and Town were not that good or he didn't take the time to evaluate them properly.  Half way through Spring practice with 4 decent star possibles on the field, our HC can clearly see its Austin by a mile and then Cole appears second based on plays in the scrimmages.  I and I think, most everybody believed that Cole would be redshirted and I wondered why you would use many plays on a Guy who was not going to play when the Guy who likely might play set on his ass.  I guess this is a good way to motivate players.  Two of the 3 players who to me appeared to get crapped on left the team.  Maybe we can see what these players do for other teams and maybe then learn why BB didn't see that much in them.

I guess you don't remember one of those guys "getting crapped on" when he did get put in, didn't know the play. He got in Enos's doghouse quick on that one. If he couldn't be bothered to learn the playbook, why waste time on him? The other got beat out by Storey. Wants to play so transferred. But that doesn't fit your narrative of Beliema not evaluating or playing favorites.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.