Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It has been a LONG day for our AD

Started by Porkatarian, November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 09, 2017, 11:35:46 pm
What if he was having an affair with girl Bobby Petrino had one with. 
Where in the world did that come from?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 11:38:47 pm
Where in the world did that come from?

My mind?  It's going off the thought that jl fired bp for moral issues and has some himself but takes it up about 10 notches

3kgthog

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 11:19:56 pm
If you took personal trips on the company plane, would you keep your job?

Porkatarian out...

Like if someone were to take in say...a baseball game?

twistitup

Quote from: lechon on November 09, 2017, 08:12:27 pm
Long allegedly screwed up RW3 million dollar insurance policy and the razorback foundation had to pay for it.

That  insurance policy, the buyout that wasn't deserved, and the switch to Pepsi may come back to haunt Jeffie
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

code red

Next 2 games are losses.  CBB will not be able to get these kids off the mat for Mizzou.  But.  Does that Mizzou game really even matter?  I don't think we except a bowl bid at 5-7.  I don't think Long is out of the woods if he sticks with Bert he is gone.  Just pisses me off we will wait until Jan 1.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dirty

ChitownHawg

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 06:11:51 pm
It won't happen, if you mean Long being fired, as he should be.  Not gonna go down that way.   Long will find another job before 'long' and that will be the end of it.  If he doesn't get out soon, he risks his reputation ... what's the word?  Ah..'degrading' to the point that he can't find another gig.

Which you can play the other side of that coin. ADs across the US will see we removed a highly respected AD.

Not a good rep to have when looking for an AD.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Porkatarian out...

It would depend on what my contract allows, the unversity's airplane, or the Foundation's? We've had former coaches and AD's use the airplanes for trips to Georgia and elsewhere numerous times over the years, one would have to know the details, much like this alleged insurance snafu, details please.....

Mike_e

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 10, 2017, 05:29:58 am
Which you can play the other side of that coin. ADs across the US will see we removed a highly respected AD.

Contrariwise whomever replaces him will know not to sit on their laurels.

How many ADs are out there?  How many assistant ADs?

We only need one.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HardCore

If he is so respected, he should zero issues finding a position elsewhere.

What makes him so "Respected"?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 10, 2017, 01:30:52 am
Like if someone were to take in say...a baseball game?

I hope that's not the trip including the other guy on that plane that's a good coach. If so I wonder if he would not have to meet the same standard.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

onebadrubi

Many execs have personal plane time built in too contracts or pay packages.   It's not unusual AT ALL!

Inhogswetrust

No problem. They will know enough as to why that it shouldn't bother them. Besides maybe some of them actually don't like Long anyway. Highly respected AD's are no different than the jobs. They are replaceable.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

Bret Bielema, please find your way to the pit of misery.

DILLY DILLY!!!

https://youtu.be/D8Cb5Wk2t-8

Seebs

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 09, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
Jeff Long's palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...
He's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!

Palms sweaty, prefers Papsi. WNB
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

AFBack

Quote from: twistitup on November 10, 2017, 05:06:02 am
That  insurance policy, the buyout that wasn't deserved, and the switch to Pepsi may come back to haunt Jeffie

The switch to Pepsi alone is cause for termination.

Inhogswetrust

Except the switch to Pepsi was for the whole campus I believe and not just the athletic department. That decision wasn't Long's. Besides when someone outbids someone else for a contract generally the highest bidder wins.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dark Helmet Hog

LZH

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:41:07 pm
They say you're reliable but i think you're just speculating here. reading tea leaves if you will.

What's up with this tea leaves reading thing?

I went thru a whole box of Lipton and didn't see squat.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 07:17:36 am

You're supposed to take the pills first.

BR

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 07:17:36 am

I know them damn things are awful small after you get them out of the bag/pouch thing...  Could not read anything, then sneezed and the stuff went everywhere..

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Three and Snout

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 10, 2017, 06:51:57 am
Except the switch to Pepsi was for the whole campus I believe and not just the athletic department. That decision wasn't Long's. Besides when someone outbids someone else for a contract generally the highest bidder wins.

Correct.  http://news.uark.edu/articles/18545/university-pepsico-finalizing-campus-beverages-contract

AirWarren

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 09, 2017, 07:47:14 pm
Never heard of Eminem?

I'm talking about the weirdo creeping on Long with his wittle camera.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm
Bert will be gone at the end of the year.

Jeff isn't out of the woods yet...millions of reasons why

Porkatarian out...

The Pork has spoken  Change is coming.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: AP85 on November 10, 2017, 08:51:06 am
I'm talking about the weirdo creeping on Long with his wittle camera.
Public figure in a public place. Lots of media outlets took pictures of him. Whats the big deal?

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 05:36:16 am
It would depend on what my contract allows, the unversity's airplane, or the Foundation's? We've had former coaches and AD's use the airplanes for trips to Georgia and elsewhere numerous times over the years, one would have to know the details, much like this alleged insurance snafu, details please.....

Exactly.  I would much rather have a smooth transition and a dismissal based on competency than (yet) another gossip filled "midnight" presser.  Its been a while since we were able to do that.

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 10, 2017, 06:51:57 am

Let's just say it's JL's fault...and CBB cosigned the deal

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogwild

Quote from: code red on November 10, 2017, 05:11:10 am
Next 2 games are losses.  CBB will not be able to get these kids off the mat for Mizzou.  But.  Does that Mizzou game really even matter?  I don't think we except a bowl bid at 5-7.  I don't think Long is out of the woods if he sticks with Bert he is gone.  Just pisses me off we will wait until Jan 1.

With our academic scores we are to low to be getting a 5-7 bowl invite.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 09, 2017, 07:34:02 pm
$5 mil plus. We want be only school talking to his agent.

This overpaying under-experienced coaches is way overdone.  We really need to bring out head coach salary down to the comparable range that we are able to get...not try to make an up-and-comer the highest paid coach in the SEC.  We should only pay 5 million to someone who's proven himself in the SEC.  Period.  High annual salaries demand high buyouts that make us stuck with a coach that in a few years we won't want anymore. 

2.5 million. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm
Bert will be gone at the end of the year.

Jeff isn't out of the woods yet...millions of reasons why

Porkatarian out...
Didn't take a BOT meeting for all of this to be known. I knew Bielema was gone after watching the SC game this year. Figure Long will be a casualty too.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Count Hogula

Quote from: BR on November 10, 2017, 07:21:00 am
I know them damn things are awful small after you get them out of the bag/pouch thing...  Could not read anything, then sneezed and the stuff went everywhere..

You sure that was tea, bro... :D

Dominicanhog

Hypothetical.. what if we are on a 6 game winning streak with CK and newbies...

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 10, 2017, 09:35:10 am
Hypothetical.. what if we are on a 6 game winning streak with CK and newbies...

Fair question, I just don't see any situation where we win all 3 of our remaining games.  If we do, then certainly the evaluation needs to be done in that light.

woodhog14

For the 1,638,872th time...Jeff Long had nothing to do with the Pepsi contract. ZERO. That was done at the University level. Coke offered a 2 year deal worth $2 million dollars. Pepsi offered 10 years for $20 Million. Which one would you take if you were the university trying to raise money?

I'm not defending Long and I want him gone, just get tired of the falsehoods of the Pepsi deal. Also, I hate Pepsi.

Pork gets criticized some for being cryptic. Nothing cryptic about this post on Bret.

hawgmasta

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 10, 2017, 10:01:46 am
For the 1,638,872th time...Jeff Long had nothing to do with the Pepsi contract. ZERO. That was done at the University level. Coke offered a 2 year deal worth $2 million dollars. Pepsi offered 10 years for $20 Million. Which one would you take if you were the university trying to raise money?

I'm not defending Long and I want him gone, just get tired of the falsehoods of the Pepsi deal. Also, I hate Pepsi.

I would've signed 5 consecutive coke deals, and maybe just maybe if we can prove that Jeff and CBB knew about this Pepsi fiasco we can void their contracts with justifiable termination. I mean, what's next. . Shaz Cola and Dr. Thunder?

hawgmasta

Mr. Porkleone

Porkatarian out...

Does that include trip to World Series? Just because you have a player or 2 in a game doesn't seem right to use private jet..

ricepig

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 10, 2017, 10:49:46 am

Does that include trip to World Series? Just because you have a player or 2 in a game doesn't seem right to use private jet..

Did he take the university's plane, or the Foundation's? I take legitimate trips to Cancun and Florida and write off my Jet-A, I'm always talking business......seriously, that was good PR for both DVH and the university, and Logan just signed for $8.5m, hitting them up for donations?

AirWarren

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 08:53:45 am
Public figure in a public place. Lots of media outlets took pictures of him. Whats the big deal?

Just find it weird.

Sorry to offend.

People of "status" don't impress me enough to snap photos of them.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: AP85 on November 10, 2017, 11:23:10 am
Just find it weird.

Sorry to offend.

People of "status" don't impress me enough to snap photos of them.

Not offended at all. Just gave my take on it.

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2017, 07:52:04 pm
Much has been speculated about the difficultly of us hiring a coach with so many jobs potentially open. I predict that the number of open jobs will not hinder who we hire at all.

I've said many times, the pool of good/great coaches that could be had is as big as it has ever been.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hollywood870

HF#1

Porkatarian out...

Oh...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Paul

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on November 10, 2017, 10:15:25 am
Pork gets criticized some for being cryptic. Nothing cryptic about this post on Bret.
you believe his, but not mine, when mine came first, and they say the same thing, and you do it simultaneously. IMPRESSIVE.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HawgPound

My seven year old granddaughter knows that Bielema is most likely gone. Jeff not being out of the woods is another vague prediction that pretty much anyone can surmise. I'm not sure what the point of all of these "sourced" threads are when they give zero information that anyone with common sense does not already know.

coolhog

Chancellor and trustees needs to treat Long with
Respect. Fly him down to little rock, leave him out of
Meeting, fly back with him in the same plane and not communicate
With him is terrible.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: coolhog on November 10, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
Chancellor and trustees needs to treat Long with
Respect. Fly him down to little rock, leave him out of
Meeting, fly back with him in the same plane and not communicate
With him is terrible.
Long got hazed. haha.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.