Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now its Time for Mike

Started by OnTheHillHogFan, March 21, 2015, 10:36:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

to get Mitchell Smith on board and get some momentum going into the summer.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

makiavelli

Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

Hogimus Prime

No1Hog27

I was thinking the same thing, time to start recruiting. Hopefully he'll start with Portis and Qualls

texas tush hog

Quote from: No1Hog27 on March 21, 2015, 10:57:32 pm
I was thinking the same thing, time to start recruiting. Hopefully he'll start with Portis and Qualls

Half our roster cannot play in the ACC, outside of Kentucky, the SEC cannot compete in the ACC. We have to trim about half our roster and recruit some better players to go with Qualls and Portis, assuming that they are still here. Portis will get killed in the NBA right now.The SEC POY was exposed against Kentucky, Wofford, and Carolina. I think he now realizes that. Qualls is the real deal, I hope he returns but he is much more ready than Portis.

lefty08

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 21, 2015, 11:08:30 pm
Half our roster cannot play in the ACC, outside of Kentucky, the SEC cannot compete in the ACC. We have to trim about half our roster and recruit some better players to go with Qualls and Portis, assuming that they are still here. Portis will get killed in the NBA right now.The SEC POY was exposed against Kentucky, Wofford, and Carolina. I think he now realizes that. Qualls is the real deal, I hope he returns but he is much more ready than Portis.

18 15 and 5 is hardly getting exposed
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Danny J

We have two top 50 players coming in next year and if you haven't watched film on those two especially Whitt then you need to. There were several games on youtube a few weeks ago. Whitt is a legit 2 guard. He can handle the ball and flat out shoot and score off the dribble. He isn't quite as good as BJ off the dribble meaning his first step isn't quite as fast but he makes up for that with his jump shot. We are getting two major improvements in those two spots.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Danny J on March 21, 2015, 11:26:59 pm
We have two top 50 players coming in next year and if you haven't watched film on those two especially Whitt then you need to. There were several games on youtube a few weeks ago. Whitt is a legit 2 guard. He can handle the ball and flat out shoot and score off the dribble. He isn't quite as good as BJ off the dribble meaning his first step isn't quite as fast but he makes up for that with his jump shot. We are getting two major improvements in those two spots.

I think somebody said Carolina had 3 five stars and 7 four stars, thats what you have to have. It showed tonight.

TeedupHigh

Mike needs to go camp out in North Little Rock!!!  Then Bentonville after that!!!

Danny J

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 21, 2015, 11:30:31 pm
I think somebody said Carolina had 3 five stars and 7 four stars, thats what you have to have. It showed tonight.
That sure seems like a lot of players for one team. I know that aTm has the #3 rated class coming in. Are you talking about UNC or USCe?

jjdlc

Quote from: Danny J on March 22, 2015, 12:32:32 am
That sure seems like a lot of players for one team. I know that aTm has the #3 rated class coming in. Are you talking about UNC or USCe?

He's talking about UNC and the players they had on the floor last night.  We don't have to have a team full of McDonalds AAs, but we do need better depth, our bench has been our Achilles heel all season.

popcornhog

He had double doubles against Carolina (18 and 14) and Wofford (15 and 13), along with 5 steals against Carolina.

He did struggle with his shot a bit, but what the heck are you talking about?
WPS

The real Hogules

The difference in this current Razorback team and teams from our past who were more successful is "QUALITY" depth.
The old teams even had walk-ons that could stroke a basketball better than most of our current starters.
We have traditionally been a weak rebounding program, but this years squad was lacking in overall height and when your starters came off the floor our offense struggled to produce points.
I would expect next season to be much better with the additions to our program of Whitt and Kapita.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Etowah

No doubt we need a talent influx...but it is not a Portis issue.  Portis and Qualls can and could play and start for any team in the country.

Other than that....we did not beat a really good team all year.  The SEC is not a good conference other than Kentucky....we lost to Iowa State...the only good team we played other than Kentucky and they were bounced the first game in the tourney.

We are somewhere between a top 30 and top 40 team this year.

If Portis and Qualls leave...we won't be top 50 next year.

Kapita is damaged goods...Whitt is a good player...but he is a  freshman and it will in year two before he will even make a difference.

lefty08

Quote from: Etowah on March 22, 2015, 09:48:42 am
No doubt we need a talent influx...but it is not a Portis issue.  Portis and Qualls can and could play and start for any team in the country.

Other than that....we did not beat a really good team all year.  The SEC is not a good conference other than Kentucky....we lost to Iowa State...the only good team we played other than Kentucky and they were bounced the first game in the tourney.

We are somewhere between a top 30 and top 40 team this year.

If Portis and Qualls leave...we won't be top 50 next year.

Kapita is damaged goods...Whitt is a good player...but he is a  freshman and it will in year two before he will even make a difference.

LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TNhawgfan

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 21, 2015, 11:30:31 pm
If we had all 4 and 5 star players we couldn't brag about half the team being from Arkansas
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hobhog

I think the ACC in basketball is the SEC of football. Competition level is higher day in day out and it makes better teams in post season....

hawg1221

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 22, 2015, 08:43:03 am
The difference in this current Razorback team and teams from our past who were more successful is "QUALITY" depth.
The old teams even had walk-ons that could stroke a basketball better than most of our current starters.
We have traditionally been a weak rebounding program, but this years squad was lacking in overall height and when your starters came off the floor our offense struggled to produce points.
I would expect next season to be much better with the additions to our program of Whitt and Kapita.

You're absolutely right. That is the biggest difference right now.

Hatleyville454

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 22, 2015, 10:24:38 am
If we had all 4 and 5 star players we couldn't brag about half the team being from Arkansas

4 out of 6 Arkansas kids on the team were 4* or 5* recruits coming out of high school

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on March 22, 2015, 10:37:20 am
4 out of 6 Arkansas kids on the team were 4* or 5* recruits coming out of high school
I was only making that comment in jest because of some of the comments made after the Kentucky games. You know great comebacks like at least our players are home grown
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol