Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

They only out rebounded us by 3.

Started by donk, March 21, 2015, 10:27:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

donk

So no.  Rebounding wasn't the problem.

3kgthog

What game did you watch? It's not necessarily how many they got. It's when they got them and if those rebounds led to second chance points.

BadHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 21, 2015, 10:29:21 pm
What game did you watch? It's not necessarily how many they got. It's when they got them and if those rebounds led to second chance points.

OMG leave it to you to point out some negative bs.

Rebounding was not the problem. Turnovers probably.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogsanity

Gave up AT LEAST 12 pts, probably more, on offensive rebounds.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogfaniam

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 21, 2015, 10:29:21 pm

Led to 22 pts
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogfaniam

ricepig

The 10 unforced turnovers hurt alot more, just careless at times tonight.

b-ash

They also played without their big men all night because of foul trouble.  Those guys were killing us early on the boards.

Swinesong1

Wanna guess which team had the most offensive rebounds?

redeye

Quote from: BadHog on March 21, 2015, 10:31:08 pm

If you think the truth is negative BS, then that's your problem.  Rebounding hurt us bad and usually does.

jjdlc

Turnovers led to even more.  We rebounded well enough to win, just threw it away WAY too much.

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 21, 2015, 10:34:47 pm

Unfortunately, the same team that couldn't put them back in.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2015, 10:33:59 pm
The 10 unforced turnovers hurt alot more, just careless at times tonight.

Cost us at least 12 pts.

JonClaudeVanHam

Guys, we basically matched them on second chance points. Just give it a rest with the rebound crap. Because that's what it is: crap.

Now, if you want to harp on our lack of ball security and abundance of turnovers, you're on the right track.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

redeye

Quote from: b-ash on March 21, 2015, 10:34:14 pm
They also played without their big men all night because of foul trouble.  Those guys were killing us early on the boards.

Which brings up the question "Why were we not pounding the ball inside"?

That's written in the basics.

hogsanity

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 21, 2015, 10:34:47 pm

Wanna guess which team did more with their offensive rebounds?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Swinesong1

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2015, 10:35:33 pm
Unfortunately, the same team that couldn't put them back in.
And therein lies the difference.  Rebounds had zero to do with it.  Converting 2nd chance points and turnovers were the culprits.

RedBird5

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: hogsanity on March 21, 2015, 10:36:22 pm

That is a totally different argument.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: redeye on March 21, 2015, 10:35:56 pm
Which brings up the question "Why were we not pounding the ball inside"?

That's written in the basics.
Because they were doubling Bobby down low in the zone and he was turning it over. That is one thing he needs to work on is being stronger with the ball when the double comes and make an accurate pass to the open guy.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Swinesong1

But Hogs didn't lose because of rebounds is my point.  I know you're enjoying the loss but at least try to keep up.

razortv

Quote from: BadHog on March 21, 2015, 10:31:08 pm

Don't forget about the press giving up easy points.

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

Turnovers
Our 21 (most all season - let that sink in) to their 16

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 21, 2015, 10:42:11 pm
Turnovers
Our 21 (most all season - let that sink in) to their 16

That's the game, for me. It boils down to our not taking care of the ball.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 21, 2015, 10:39:00 pm
But Hogs didn't lose because of rebounds is my point.  I know you're enjoying the loss but at least try to keep up.

22 pts off those second chances.  That's a lot to over come on top of the turnovers and below average shooting.

Breems

I don't understand.

A certain Hogville CD stuck on repeat told me rebounds were like ultra more important than insignificant turnovers. I'm trying to figure out if all our turnovers somehow affected the game.

Perhaps that CD will understand now that another team made it work against us.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2015, 10:51:57 pm
I don't understand.

A certain Hogville CD stuck on repeat told me rebounds were like ultra more important than insignificant turnovers. I'm trying to figure out if all our turnovers somehow affected the game.

Perhaps that CD will understand now that another team made it work against us.

21 turnovers mean 21 shots not taken. We shot 37% and every 3rd shot made was a 3. So 8 shots not made. 18 pts at the least.

22 second chance pts allowed plus
18 lost pts to turnovers
___
40 pts all on us.

Realistically, you always have some TO's and some allowed second chance points.  Some.

redeye

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 21, 2015, 10:38:52 pm
Because they were doubling Bobby down low in the zone and he was turning it over. That is one thing he needs to work on is being stronger with the ball when the double comes and make an accurate pass to the open guy.

That makes sense.  I haven't watched much basketball in years and that includes watching Portis play.  Having said that, I think that's even more reason to get the ball to Portis, because if UNC's big men had fouled out earlier, he would have had a field day.

I'm surprised to hear that Portis doesn't make accurate passes, because I thought he was good at it.  He certainly looked good tonight, and considering our struggles to find open shots outside, they apparently weren't guarding Portis that close.  If we'd punched it to him more, I think he could have found some open players on the perimeter.

rtr

Turnovers and poor shooting beat us.  We started settling for jump shots the last 10 minutes.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

azhog10

I bet you are just a joy to be around and watch games with...........especially if the coach isn't Mike Anderson.