Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bottom line

Started by Sow Lancelot, March 21, 2015, 10:20:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow Lancelot

No inside presence in the half-court offense and defense is not fundamentally sound enough to sustain the pressure we want.

But it was a good year. Already looking forward to next year; just hope it includes BP and MQ.

WPS
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

luke hawg

It should but probably won't.

heatmiser

I agree on a few of your points. Our half court offense is atrocious without having someone to split the d and get fouled or make a shot. Qualls tries to step up and do this ( and does a pretty good job too); but if we had someone else who could do it; we could run Anderson's "offense" better.

Defensively, we need about 3 more Beards.
Arkansas Razorbacks

1hogfan

What? Michael Qualls does a "pretty good job". Are you kidding me? That was a joke, right?  I must have missed the sarcasm.

Danny J

Need more scorers which we will get next year. Need it bad at the two spot. Whitt is the polar opposite of Madden in terms of having that scorer's mentality. He is also a better ball handler. I think if Kapita is healthy he will be very very good at the 4 spot. We are definitely upgrading talent wise although losing experience.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Danny J on March 21, 2015, 10:31:39 pm
Need more scorers which we will get next year. Need it bad at the two spot. Whitt is the polar opposite of Madden in terms of having that scorer's mentality. He is also a better ball handler. I think if Kapita is healthy he will be very very good at the 4 spot. We are definitely upgrading talent wise although losing experience.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

HSVhogfan2

Sorry, meant to reply, can't even see this big a$$ iphone.

AR has WAY too many offensive liabilities and some guys with not enough LATERAL quickness to play MAs style effectively. Both senior positions will be improved almost instantly next year (except of course for experience). There really needs to be a couple of more positions opened up, though. We shall see. MA is nothing if not loyal. There are a couple to 3 more guys who don't bring enough offensively to make up for the fact that they can play a little defense. You can't hide anyone if this system is going to perform at its highest level.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.