Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Depressing

Started by Breems, March 21, 2015, 10:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

Not that we lost; UNC was plain better.

I'm depressed this great season has come to an end. This was the first time since I started following Hog ball that I was able to watch a great basketball team.

We have an interesting offseason coming up. I'm holding on to that sliver of hope that Portis takes some salt out of the wound.

Here's to a great season!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

heatmiser

Agreed. Great season; bad game
Arkansas Razorbacks

The_Bionic_Pig

And very exciting because 80% of our scoring returns  (Assuming Portis comes back) next season add to that Jimmy Whitt 😀
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PORKULATOR

They played good for them, we played bad... And stupid.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Tusks

It's great to be watching the tourney again, filling out brackets and watching all the games.

It's not as fun when the hogs aren't in it and now they are back in it.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

3kgthog

I wouldn't worry about Bobby now. He's played himself out of an ideal draft spot. Qualls, on the other hand, might've improved himself to a decent enough late 1st round pick worth leaving over.

BlakeHOGfanatic

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 21, 2015, 10:18:10 pm
They played good for them, we played bad... And stupid.

Haters will always hate.  Great season, looking forward to next year!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 21, 2015, 10:18:53 pm
I wouldn't worry about Bobby now. He's played himself out of an ideal draft spot. Qualls, on the other hand, might've improved himself to a decent enough late 1st round pick worth leaving over.

Not a chance. No handles. Kid plays hard but I don't think they'll take a 1st round shot on him.

ConHawg

Good post Breems.  This team really made it fun again to watch basketball again.  Awesome road record.  Made the dance.  Won a game.  And played decently when we lost.  This team made the state proud!!!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 21, 2015, 10:18:53 pm
Qualls isn't close to being a first round pick right now. He is a 6'4 guard with below average handles and an average shot. That isn't a knock on him because I love how he plays and what he brings to the table for us but his game right now doesn't transfer to the NBA. If he wants to be an NBA player he has to keep improving his shot and devote himself to playing defense.

And I'm right there with you Breems. Just depressed and pissed off right now because of how good of a season this has been and now its over but we will be better next year no doubt. Our guards should take a big step forward with the additions of Whiitt and Hannahs. Whitt will give us a guy that can be a good to great perimeter defender while still being a able to get his own shot or create for others which is something we are lacking right now. And Hannahs gives us another guy that can get hot and hit 4 or 5 threes in a game.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgaddict01

I love Portis but against good/great competition he has played averaged or below and was not able to deal with the pressure, IMO. In both tournaments, we have had one stallion and he has been the best player, offense and defense, on this team. Congrats to this senior class, but I believe the incoming freshmen can be much better. Great season and cant wait till next year!

PonderinHog

We are relevant again, Breems.  WPS!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

bigredone

Sad that it ended but thanks to the Hogs and Coach for the best season since Nolan.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: ConHawg on March 21, 2015, 10:22:09 pm
Good post Breems.  This team really made it fun again to watch basketball again.  Awesome road record.  Made the dance.  Won a game.  And played decently when we lost.  This team made the state proud!!!
Yes they did! 

hawgaddict01

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 21, 2015, 10:22:42 pm
Qualls isn't close to being a first round pick right now. He is a 6'4 guard with below average handles and an average shot. That isn't a knock on him because I love how he plays and what he brings to the table for us but his game right now doesn't transfer to the NBA. If he wants to be an NBA player he has to keep improving his shot and devote himself to playing defense.

Agreed! I think after this showing both would be silly not to come back. And then, watch out. But it is clear neither are ready for the NBA. And with the incoming freshmen we could be dangerous!

Breems

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 21, 2015, 10:17:39 pm
And very exciting because 80% of our scoring returns  (Assuming Portis comes back) next season add to that Jimmy Whitt

Well, I definitely wouldn't assume that.

I really hope Jimmy Whitt is the truth and can create a sliver of offense. If not, next year's team won't go much farther than this one did.

ricepig

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2015, 10:27:42 pm
Well, I definitely wouldn't assume that.

I really hope Jimmy Whitt is the truth and can create a sliver of offense. If not, next year's team won't go much farther than this one did.

I just want someone to stop the guard dribble penetration, it killed us all year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2015, 10:29:20 pm
I just want someone to stop the guard dribble penetration, it killed us all year.
Babb.

-Blu

Quote from: Breems on March 21, 2015, 10:15:04 pm
Not that we lost; UNC was plain better.

I'm depressed this great season has come to an end. This was the first time since I started following Hog ball that I was able to watch a great basketball team.

We have an interesting offseason coming up. I'm holding on to that sliver of hope that Portis takes some salt out of the wound.

Here's to a great season!

I agree this was a great season, and it's sad it's over, but man was it fun.  The UNC game is depressing but like you said UNC just had better players than us.  Our chance to win was to win the turnover battle, and we lost that and just killed ourselves on turnovers.  Our guards had 12 turnovers, and a lot of those were unforced and us just losing handle on the ball.  Our guard play was always our weakness this year, in games like this we need guards that can take care of the ball and attack the basket, that was the difference between us and Carolina tonight.  I hope Jimmy Whitt was watching tonight, HUGE opportunity for him next year!

OnTheHillHogFan

Like Ponderin said Babb can do that and so can whitt. Our guards will be better next year no doubt just depends on how good we are at the forward spots. If Bobby comes back we are top 10-15 team.
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

code red

Portis is playing outta position and we didn"t hit the 3s to make them back off him.  NBA scouts see what he is all about.  He didn't lose any status he is just fine. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dirty

WPS!  Hogball is back!  27-9 for Mike's fourth year! 

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 21, 2015, 10:30:16 pm
Babb.

I'll have to see it to believe, hopefully he can. Little guards like Ullis eat us up for dishes for dunks.

intelligence

I'm breaking out the razor blades, clove cigarettes, and goth poetry

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Breems

At least there's baseball and football to mildly entertain me in the offseason, but basketball holds a special place in my heart.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on March 21, 2015, 10:32:45 pm
I'll have to see it to believe, hopefully he can. Little guards like Ullis eat us up for dishes for dunks.
He can. When you watch him you can see how much better of an athlete he is than any of our other guys on the perimeter including Qualls. Qualls may be able to jump a little higher but Babb is a lot quicker.

ChicoHog

It was a good season.  If Portis and Qualls both return we should be a top 10/top 15 teams next year at the worst.  And we will get UK at home!  Get Monk to commit and we will be set again for the following year.

Now it's time for baseball and spring football. 

No1Hog27

Yeah......I'm disappointed the season is ending also.  Hopefully next year we will have better outside shooters on the team that can truly give us that inside/outside game.

But, the excitement is truly back for Razorback basketball.

Capt. Hamm

Great season, no. Really good season...yes.

-Blu

Some positives to think about tonight....

Kingsley -  Looks like the light may have came on for him.  He played very well, even with Portis, we looked really good with both of them on the court together tonight, better than we ever had.  If Portis comes back, I think we'll finally have our Portis/Kingsley starting lineup.  It's his time.

Durham - I know a lot of people have written him off, but he played really well tonight.  If he can continue to improve and play next year like he did tonight, he's going to be a very solid back-up PG for us.

Qualls - If he returns, he should be a shoe in for first team all SEC.  The last couple of weeks, he's taken his game to the next level.  he improves that ball handling a little bit, and shoot the 3 just a little more consistently, he can turn himself into a late first rounder next year.

ricepig

Quote from: -Blu on March 21, 2015, 10:39:22 pm
Some positives to think about tonight....

Kingsley -  Looks like the light may have came on for him.  He played very well, even with Portis, we looked really good with both of them on the court together tonight, better than we ever had.  If Portis comes back, I think we'll finally have our Portis/Kingsley starting lineup.  It's his time.

Durham - I know a lot of people have written him off, but he played really well tonight.  If he can continue to improve and play next year like he did tonight, he's going to be a very solid back-up PG for us.

Qualls - If he returns, he should be a shoe in for first team all SEC.  The last couple of weeks, he's taken his game to the next level.  he improves that ball handling a little bit, and shoot the 3 just a little more consistently, he can turn himself into a late first rounder next year.

Moses just needs to learn when to go for the block, and when to rebound. He blocked a lot of shots this year, but he gave up more put back dunks.

Durham, will he plays pretty good D, but we need a quick guard who can create his own shot of the dribble. I don't see him being it.

Qualls is Qualls, hopefully he and Bobby come back.

Biggus Piggus

Got to get better in the backcourt. Got to get the young power players involved. Got to get Bobby Portis back to where he was, which was able to score from anywhere on the court. I wanted to see a Razorback team in the NCAAT that was led by Portis. Maybe next season.
[CENSORED]!

Hog Fan from Camden

Babb and Witt might help next year!

rude1

Very good season, and the Tarheels showed us what needs to happen to move forward. Depth is one thing, quality depth makes a big difference. They could go to then bench with no drop off, we couldn't. With that said just take care of the basketball last night and we might have still been moving on....

elksnort

Quote from: intelligence on March 21, 2015, 10:33:04 pm
I'm breaking out the razor blades, clove cigarettes, and goth poetry
haaaa!

elksnort

It is sad when the season ends.  This was a very good season for Arkansas basketball. Last night UNC and Arkansas entertained the viewers.

Portis and Qualls coming back would help create some very good life experiences for themselves and thus treat the Razorback fans to possibly a GREAT season.