Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs North Carolina

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 21, 2015, 07:07:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Too many turnovers, lack of fundamental rebounding at critical points, if Qualls and Portis leave, be tough to get back to the tourney.

alohawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 21, 2015, 10:19:02 pm

Even less talented teams can play smart by valuing possessions, blocking out etc....., things this team was not good at and never really improved on.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

All we needed was Portis to be the player we know he can be.
It's like Barkley said at half time - Arkansas has to have Portis step up to win.
He didn't and we didn't.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on March 21, 2015, 10:25:09 pm
It's like Barkley said at half time - Arkansas has to have Portis step up to win.
He didn't and we didn't.

I know this, he did himself no favors in these past few games.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

OzarkRazor

I was waiting for Bob to dominate and take it to the rack/knock down jumpers and it never happened.  Hopefully it'll make him wanna come back and overcome the timid bs that he rolled with at the end of our season.  Still proud of our Hogs when all is set and done, and i think Durham and Beard will be ballin next year.  CMA is the right man for the job.  GO HOGS  :razorback: !

elksnort

Quote from: ErieHog on March 21, 2015, 10:07:47 pm
You aren't watching the game, obviously.

16 points, on 4/13 shooting-- oh, and 7 of 9 from the line.  11 boards *5* steals, and a season high 4 assists.

You're correct in what you're saying or Portis still need to make buckets

hoglady

Quote from: alohawg on March 21, 2015, 10:27:20 pm
I know this, he did himself no favors in these past few games.

I hate it for him.
He's played so well all year. This team is built around Portis - he didn't shoot well, or pass well plus I don't know how many times he turned the ball over.
We just can't hardly overcome all that when playing a good team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JenksHawg

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 21, 2015, 10:15:00 pm
Please stop posting.

We had 21 turnovers. Stop being blinded by your agenda and acknowledge the difference in the game
Actually he's right - maybe you should stop posting?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

latrops

Quote from: hoglady on March 21, 2015, 10:25:09 pm
He didn't and we didn't.

Portis wasn't at his best.  He isn't at all the reason we lost.  He at least showed up.  Qualls carried the team on his back as best he could.  We lost for 2 basic reasons....we turned it over 21 times and we didn't get much offense from Portis an Qualls' supporting cast.  We shot 37% and they shot 45%.  The game was probably closer than it should have been given our turnovers and poor shooting.