Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark , Grinch off the list

Started by BR, December 23, 2017, 11:23:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

LRRandy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 24, 2017, 09:44:41 am

Won conference, didn't make the playoff. So again, not every year.
well, ok, to clarify, you are only contending for a national championship if you make the playoff, in your opinion? I consider teams that are in the thick of it until the end of the season to be competing for a national championship. Auburn was in it. Wisconsin was in it. tOhio State was in it. I think having an opportunity to get into the playoff as contending for a national championship. Of course making the playoff is the ultimate definition of who is competing for a title but to limit the definition to just the four teams that actually make it seems a tad myopic.

Regardless,  you can hardly blame Grinch for his decision. Or can you?
This is fun, isn't it.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 24, 2017, 08:29:03 am
Maybe he simply wants to go home. He's from Ohio.

I would get that as DC, but just as another assistant?  Seems like a big step down unless Schiano is out after their bowl game.

grayhawg

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 24, 2017, 06:15:59 pm
I would get that as DC, but just as another assistant?  Seems like a big step down unless Schiano is out after their bowl game.
Co-Dc I read somewhere.

Inhogswetrust

I'd rather be a position coach in Columbus than a coordinator in Pullman.......................might even make as much $.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hog.goblin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 25, 2017, 12:52:46 am
I'd rather be a position coach in Columbus than a coordinator in Pullman.......................might even make as much $.

Well he had the opportunities of being a DC in places much better than Pullman.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 25, 2017, 09:19:22 pm
Well he had the opportunities of being a DC in places much better than Pullman.

None of those were going home like the one at OSU is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

southarkhog06

Quote from: LRRandy on December 23, 2017, 03:11:30 pm
or compete for conference titles and national championships every year.
You gotta beat Iowa first.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

PorkSoda

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 23, 2017, 11:13:39 pm

Has he turned down Arkansas?  I guess I missed the part about CCM offering him the job...
i must have missed the part where morris runs all his offers by you.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Inhogswetrust

Maybe your idea of home isn't the same as his or not as important to you. We lived in Richmond VA. Absolutely loved it. Had a good job making good money. But at some point we decided to move back home to be closer to family. That matters to some people.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 27, 2017, 02:55:21 pm
Maybe your idea of home isn't the same as his or not as important to you. We lived in Richmond VA. Absolutely loved it. Had a good job making good money. But at some point we decided to move back home to be closer to family. That matters to some people.

Well I'm not from Ohio, but I've been there.  I can't imagine wanting/needing to go home to Ohio unless it was a tremendous improvement in my finances and security.

I would come back to NWA under almost any circumstances.  Of course I'm biased and I totally get your point about going home.  But dang, it's Ohio...

AirWarren

As soon as I saw his name on Hogville, I marked it off the list.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 27, 2017, 07:12:57 pm
Well I'm not from Ohio, but I've been there.  I can't imagine wanting/needing to go home to Ohio unless it was a tremendous improvement in my finances and security.

I would come back to NWA under almost any circumstances.  Of course I'm biased and I totally get your point about going home.  But dang, it's Ohio...

I get it. However when one wants to go home then it doesn't matter where home is..............................

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Steef on December 24, 2017, 09:48:41 am
SIAP....

What's the comma for?
Well, the best I can figure is that there's one DC candidate with the last name Mark and one DC candidate with the last name Grinch and the Hogs aren't gettin' either one of those guys.

SpaceHog

Not impressed with his defense in Holiday Bowl. Looked about as bad as we have looked here lately.

Randy Beaver

Very good.  Are we allowed to discuss all coaching changes in NCAA football on this forum?  Coaching change discussions are one of my passions.  I thought this forum was for Razorback discussions only

dethnode

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 02:20:15 pm
Very good.  Are we allowed to discuss all coaching changes in NCAA football on this forum?  Coaching change discussions are one of my passions.  I thought this forum was for Razorback discussions only

Wait, so you clicked on a thread, which title had nothing to do with the razorbacks, just so you could make a complaint that the thread didn't have anything to do with razorbacks...

That seems like the better thing to do that just scrolling on past it.

Tusks

The hogs are too cool to formally announce their assistant coaching hires
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Randy Beaver

Not making a complaint.  I'm hoping discussing other coaching changes is permitted here. I'm assuming it is?  If so, I find it very exciting.

GRIMMHOG

I wonder if we were one of the offers he turned down to go to OState?
Embrace the Pain

dethnode

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 02:29:12 pm
Not making a complaint.  I'm hoping discussing other coaching changes is permitted here. I'm assuming it is?  If so, I find it very exciting.

Generally as forums go, discuss away, if it needs to be moved, a mod will move it.  If it becomes a problem, then I am sure that our benevolent moderators will notify those responsible for the infractions...

Wildhog

Much easier path to being a head coach than DC at Arkansas.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

dethnode

Quote from: Wildhog on January 08, 2018, 02:35:27 pm
Much easier path to being a head coach than DC at Arkansas.

The way this announcement is dragging out, it may be easier to become the head coach at bama than it is to become a DC at Arkansas

opineonswine

Quote from: dethnode on January 08, 2018, 02:41:02 pm
The way this announcement is dragging out, it may be easier to become the head coach at bama than it is to become a DC at Arkansas

What took OSU so long?   ;)

PetrinoFan

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 02:20:15 pm

Someone give Randy an internet police badge.

Randy Beaver

Why is this in this forum?  Shouldn't it be on other colleges and universities?