Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm liking Barford more and more

Started by jdunhog, January 14, 2017, 08:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

rzrbackramsfan

Agree! I think his role will just grow and grow as he gets in better shape and his teammates realizes how much he can change the game.

PharmacistHog

I am, too. I have been a little underwhelmed up until recently. Hoping its just an adjustment and by later in the season he's the superstar my unfair expectations had made him out to be.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jdunhog on January 14, 2017, 08:56:47 pm
What do yall think?
I agree. His turnovers are going down and his production is going up. He has a lot of potential.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hamsam on January 14, 2017, 09:03:39 pm
There? They're maybe?
English major too huh? Your just an all around individual aren't you?

hamsam

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 09:17:08 pm
English major too huh? Your just an all around individual aren't you?

Your? You're maybe?
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

PonderinHog

What impressed me tonight was his effort on defense.

Youngsta71701

jdunhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 14, 2017, 09:57:55 pm
thank you .if they can't bring anything , then don't bring nothing to the conversation . we need more of this from mods. Barford is developing an all around game
Amen!!

Knot2brite

Barford is not a shooter...he is a scorer...I like that actually...we have several that are classified as shooters and some times you need a guy that can just score. We haven't had a scorer at guard in a while. He is a physical guard and can defend a bigger player in the lane. He needs keep improving his ball handling and passing skills and work on moving his feet more on defense. He had to adjust to the college game after doing what he wanted in juco and it took time. If hope he understands that he isn't a one and done and he comes back for next year. Overall I am happy watching him progress
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HogBreath

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 14, 2017, 09:01:01 pm
I agree. His turnovers are going down and his production is going up. He has a lot of potential.
Good call!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogwood

Love Barford. His last couple 1st halves and the TN were tremendous efforts. The kid has the juice. He's unfortunately playing himself out of the game in the 2nd though with silly fouls. He needs to straighten that out and who knows, he could be getting 15-20ppg for the rest of the season.

ADavisTheGOAT

I liked his 1st half UK self. If we can get that out of him every game, he'll be nearly unguardable.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech