Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Mike Anderson recruit his way out of the mess he's in?

Started by SportsLife, January 13, 2017, 03:46:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

Here are some interesting recruiting tidbits and thoughts, but I, for one, am losing hope and becoming quite skeptical.

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/arkansas-high-school-basketball-strong/

realistichog

rude1

What happens when this cycle of state talent dries up? Where does he turn for recruits then? Are we back to jucos and Arkansas kids wanting to transfer home, scrambling to assemble anything that looks like a major college roster?

seasonhog

Quote from: rude1 on January 13, 2017, 05:46:33 pm
What happens when this cycle of state talent dries up? Where does he turn for recruits then? Are we back to jucos and Arkansas kids wanting to transfer home, scrambling to assemble anything that looks like a major college roster?

They are lots of talent on this team.........most in a long time.........talent is not the problem......

bkjbearcat

MA is a below average recruiter. Can't get a player unless he's a family friend. Even then, the player might transfer after one year after seeing how bad of a HC MA is. Ask Jimmy Whitt.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

cardsNhogs

Quote from: seasonhog on January 13, 2017, 06:05:25 pm
They are lots of talent on this team.........most in a long time.........talent is not the problem......
Anderson told us how special this team could be.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 13, 2017, 06:25:09 pm
MA is a below average recruiter. Can't get a player unless he's a family friend. Even then, the player might transfer after one year after seeing how bad of a HC MA is. Ask Jimmy Whitt.

you must be seriously uninformed.
[CENSORED]!

rzrbackramsfan

Based on the past, I believe CMA can turn 5th ranked in the sec recruiting classes into 3rd place sec finishes.  Since we got the practice facility as a recruiting tool we've been recruiting at at least that level. Granted it's a short sample size but we have pretty good classes lined up until 2019 and that Moses moody for 2020 is apparently a phenom and I think we will make the tourney this year, next year (17-18), the year after (18-19) and the year after (19-20, justice hills freshman year). So I'll worry about the talent in 4-5 years later.

Scott7703

This isn't the problem. The problem is his ability to coach in game. We don't play defense or rebound and be isn't capable of drawing up an offensive set.

seasonhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 13, 2017, 07:52:11 pm

This isn't the problem. The problem is his ability to coach in game. We don't play defense or rebound and be isn't capable of drawing up an offensive set.

BINGO!
If Mike would get new ASST. & let them coach, he might turn this program around....

hamARchy in the USA

It would be throwing away those promising future recruiting classes to allow MA to coach them.

Sivad

Quote from: seasonhog on January 13, 2017, 08:51:13 pm
BINGO!
If Mike would get new ASST. & let them coach, he might turn this program around....
Or at least WATCH it get turned around.

HogBreath

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 13, 2017, 07:52:11 pm

Recruiting certainly has been a big problem for CMA up till signing the current freshmen/jucos.

The recruiting improved, but almost had to, couldn't have gotten any worse than a class with no players like the Whitt/Kapita debacle.  But coaching and player development are just flat out non existant.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

CoachVisor

You can buy a new race car every year, but if you don't know how to drive you will still end up sucking hind tit. Mike is a terrible driver.

forrest city joe

Quote from: realistichog on January 13, 2017, 05:39:29 pm
Hell no!!!
O please! give me a break. you folks never stop.give it a rest.

grayhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 14, 2017, 12:09:13 pm
O please! give me a break. you folks never stop.give it a rest.
If he fails to make the NCAA this season his seat will be getting really HOT.

Sivad

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sivad on January 14, 2017, 02:54:18 pm
Not even out of a wet paper bag.
We're gonna kill Mizzou tonight and then you're gonna change your tune!   >:(

Stephen Greene

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 14, 2017, 02:59:58 pm
We're gonna kill Mizzou tonight and then you're gonna change your tune!   >:(

...and then they play the second half.