Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CMA Grade

Started by TheRazorbackGuy, January 12, 2017, 05:41:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

After Almost 6 seasons what grade do you give CMA for his performance?

(A) Mike Anderson has done an excellent job and he should retire here
7 (3.5%)
(B) Mike Anderson has done a great job and needs 2 more seasons because of the incoming recruiting classes
17 (8.4%)
(C) Mike Anderson has done an above average job and NIT bid should give him another year.
31 (15.3%)
(D) Mike Anderson seat is hot and NCAAT is the only way to keep his job.
117 (57.9%)
(F) Mike Anderson should clear out his office immediately
30 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 201

TheRazorbackGuy

Well this grading should be interesting.

deserthog

Anderson, Heath, and Pelfry were all kept too long. People close to the program should have seen immediately that these guys weren't the quality coaches that this program deserves. I just can't believe that this once so proud program has been brought to its knees by such inferior coaches. Absolutely no excuse.

mjsphd

Doubt even FCJ would have the audacity to pick "A".

HogBreath

Quote from: mjsphd on January 12, 2017, 09:25:08 pm
No, FCJ would give him an A+.

FCJ just really hates it when we make the Big Dance, so CMA is obviously the perfect coach for him.

Also, he really enjoys waiting till next year or the year after or the year after the year after to be good.  Hey, it's nice to have something to look forward to.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

warriorlion

Defense--F couldn't guard someone in phone booth
Offense--F absolutely no plan vs. zone, terrible spacing vs. man or zone, terrible job getting a very good shooter any kind of look, horrible post feeds, have no concept of passing angles.
Special situations: F, can't defend baseline inbounds sets, can't execute them on offense.
Recruiting: B+, I think we have some solid talent that could be a  round of 32 team.
In game coaching: F, not happening
Overall: F, unacceptable job--like Mike, glad we hired him, ready for him to step aside, but afraid it won't happen.

widespreadsooie

Regardless of how many years anyone thinks our current commits give Mike, they shouldn't be ignored. We haven't been relevant on the national scene in 15 or more years and Mike has given us our highest seeding in the NCAAT since Nolan. Are we really in a position to give our current commits to think twice? We have quality talent committed right now.

AstroHawg

Quote from: HogBreath on January 12, 2017, 09:31:42 pm
No, FCJ would give him an A+.

FCJ just really hates it when we make the Big Dance, so CMA is obviously the perfect coach for him.

Also, he really enjoys waiting till next year or the year after or the year after the year after to be good.  Hey, it's nice to have something to look forward to.

FCJ just doesn't like to grade coaches with the same standards.  HDN=MA without the reporter girlfriend and giddy schoolgirl act.  And ol' FCJ was calling the shows every darned day about HDN. 

Double standards.

biglewhog77

You guys want to fire CMA to hire WHO??????? It's no one beating down Arkansas door to come here coach not a big name coach. It takes time to build a program.

Etowah

Anderson is a top ten coach with top 50 talent.

He can get his kids to play hard and his game to game and in game adjustments is why this team is top 4 sec team.

If Cal were to leave....I hope we could hold on to CMA.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

D. For whatever reason, MA has consistently underperformed with the talent he has recruited while at Arkansas. Perhaps an over reliance on JC guys..although I'm excited about Barfords future.

Pork Twain

It had to be him or Guv
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MountieDawg

MA's recruiting fails are ridiculous.  He has lost a ton of his top recruits after 1 year due to transfers, didn't qualify and the current team is made up mostly of transfers and walk-ons getting the most play time. Next year the excuse will be too young and the following year a lot of new faces.
SEC!

realistichog

F can't coach a lick, his in game comments while mic'Ed up were embarrassing. No discernible offense. On defense a "press" that usually has 3 of our guys chasing the ball up court resulting in a 4 on 2 with a layup or open 3. I am sick of it.

realistichog

Etowah has to be a troll, no one is that stupid.

Sivad

If not subject to the NolAnderson special circumstances curve:

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Etowah on January 12, 2017, 11:28:32 pm
Anderson is a top ten coach with top 50 talent.

He can get his kids to play hard and his game to game and in game adjustments is why this team is top 4 sec team.

If Cal were to leave....I hope we could hold on to CMA.

Is this suppose to be sarcastic or are you the person who gave him an A?

pigture perfect

I gave him a D.

As to who would replace him? At this point I hope it would be an up and coming future Dean Smith.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Cinco de Hogo

So Jeff is this how your gonna make your decision?  Polls on Hogville.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 13, 2017, 07:13:54 am
It had to be him or Guv

If you had read my previous posts about Mike Anderson you'd know better than that. I most certainly do not agree with FCJ about Anderson. Everyone that has been on Hogville for several years knows that I did not agree with Mike's hiring. I gave him a "D".
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RazorPiggie

Little Lady Back

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 12, 2017, 11:11:04 pm
Regardless of how many years anyone thinks our current commits give Mike, they shouldn't be ignored. We haven't been relevant on the national scene in 15 or more years and Mike has given us our highest seeding in the NCAAT since Nolan. Are we really in a position to give our current commits to think twice? We have quality talent committed right now.

Something to think about.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 12, 2017, 11:11:04 pm

I understand what your saying but I worry about the coaching these players will be getting.  It's possible one or more will be good enough to get drafted.  As I see it and using Portis as an example will they get best coaching not only to win as Razorbacks but to also put their best foot forward in pro ball.   Believe it or not that's a selling point for future recruits and one that Coach Cali is making hay with.  These days you can't sell development short.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 14, 2017, 10:26:22 am
I understand what your saying but I worry about the coaching these players will be getting.  It's possible one or more will be good enough to get drafted.  As I see it and using Portis as an example will they get best coaching not only to win as Razorbacks but to also put their best foot forward in pro ball.   Believe it or not that's a selling point for future recruits and one that Coach Cali is making hay with.  These days you can't sell development short.

I think there's cause for concern when talking about Mike's in game coaching and overall coaching philosophy. However, he's had success at UAB, MIZ, and one season (debatable, I know) here. So I think the point is arguable at best. Also you have to remember that only 60 kids are drafted each year. There's probably roughly 3,800 DI college basketball players in a season. Several current commits could be one of those 60 in the coming years. While you need the NBA talent to go deep into the NCAAT and make a run for a Championship, it isn't required to have consistent success (subjective, I'm thinking in realistic terms here). I personally think the two seasons after this one will be what determines his fate at Arkansas, I also think he deserves those two seasons. Will sit back and hopefully enjoy, I think things pan out in our favor.

deserthog

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't ever let Mike be mic'ed up again!

Sivad

Quote from: deserthog on January 14, 2017, 01:35:54 pm
Actually seeing and hearing his "coaching" is shocking.

JenksHawg

apparently 5.7% of those polled are absolutely nuts.

The OTR

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hogsanity

it is so easy to spot the trolls, the same ones praising Mike are the ones who show up in politics and praise democrats, or would show up in MMQB ad bash BA or Collins in past seasons.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PharmacistHog

C

Middle of the road. Not great. Not horrible. Nothing at all special.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaHog66

Need to see more of jones

hogsanity

F - because he has done nothing that he said he was going to do. They play poor defense, which was supposed to be a strong suit of his teams. F - because in the only thing that matters in ncaa bbaall, making the ncaat, he has done no more than the two guys here before him, actually not as much as Heath did.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jdunhog

A++ One of the best n the business!

Iwastherein1969

if you watched the post-game interview that the SEC Network did with Mike you could see that Mike is tired...he's down...and there's really no end in sight...I feel that Mike really believed he could recreate 40 Minutes of Hell for his old mentor, but the hand writing seems to be on the wall....and it says "mediocrity with the occasional decent year"...I like Mike and I wanted to see him succeed here and I truly believed he could...that belief is wavering from my point of view, and sad to say, it seems to be the same from Mike

ad: grades  Recruiting   C
                Game coaching  C-
                Developing players  C+
                Love of job      A
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

26.2Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 14, 2017, 07:12:33 pm
Awfully early in the day to be fully imbibbed.

Well, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

Sivad

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Sivad on January 14, 2017, 08:57:49 pm
Nostalgia sales

Well according to this poll.... it appears most were dooped on that notion... That's why the Misery has kept rolling like the energizer bunny

Razorod

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 14, 2017, 08:07:06 pm
if you watched the post-game interview that the SEC Network did with Mike you could see that Mike is tired...he's down...and there's really no end in sight...I feel that Mike really believed he could recreate 40 Minutes of Hell for his old mentor, but the hand writing seems to be on the wall....and it says "mediocrity with the occasional decent year"...I like Mike and I wanted to see him succeed here and I truly believed he could...that belief is wavering from my point of view, and sad to say, it seems to be the same from Mike

ad: grades  Recruiting   C
                Game coaching  C-
                Developing players  C+
                Love of job      A
If this really is the case, maybe Anderson will start looking around a bit and see if there is a better option for him.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dirty

Dirty

This thread and poll feels like the left hating on Trump!

TheRazorbackGuy

It was 80% Ds and Fs. Now it's closer to 75% after beating Mizzou

3kgthog

Quote from: Dirty on January 15, 2017, 07:33:18 am
This thread and poll feels like the left hating on Trump!

Easy targets, both of them.

lutherheggs

I looked at the options and while none of them are good options, I knew D would be the one err body would select before I voted and looked at results.

There is a scenario where the Hogs do not make the NCAAT this year AND Anderson keeps his job for another year. In fact, that is the most likely scenario baring a complete fail for the Hog from now to end of the season.

This team has 4 losses. It will probably end with 8 to 10 and that would mean no NCAAT. I doubt that would cause MA to be fired.

If the Hogs miss the NCAAT again in 2018, I think that would be the end for him.

lutherheggs

Quote from: deserthog on January 14, 2017, 01:35:54 pm
I am ignorant on this. What happened? Was it just a lot of "come on!" coaching? That is what Nolan used to do then he would sit down with a mean look on his face and let Anderson do all of the talking to the players during timeouts.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 15, 2017, 10:36:28 am
I am ignorant on this. What happened? Was it just a lot of "come on!" coaching? That is what Nolan used to do then he would sit down with a mean look on his face and let Anderson do all of the talking to the players during timeouts.

Pretty much no x's and o's talk. No plays being drawn up. A lot of coach speak "They are freshmen and sophomores" type stuff

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 15, 2017, 10:22:40 am
It was 80% Ds and Fs. Now it's closer to 75% after beating Mizzou

But only about 12% full vote of confidence.  That's worse than that "American hating Muslim", he got 51 million votes.  Freaking unbelievable! 

People are more concerned with Arkansas BB than they are our country.

1highhog

I bet you're wrong.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: 1highhog on January 16, 2017, 06:52:30 pm
I bet you're wrong.

I think it's an absolute certain that FCJ voted A. There is entertainment with FCJ even though 90% of Jump Ball disagrees. He has his head buried in the nostalgia of days past. First it's the team is young, second it's the recruits won't stay and the excuse that comes next with be only valid to CMA supporters. I'm sticking with my D grade as he wasn't brought in to go to NITs.

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 17, 2017, 08:26:18 am
I think it's an absolute certain that FCJ voted A. There is entertainment with FCJ even though 90% of Jump Ball disagrees. He has his head buried in the nostalgia of days past. First it's the team is young, second it's the recruits won't stay and the excuse that comes next with be only valid to CMA supporters. I'm sticking with my D grade as he wasn't brought in to go to NITs.

FCJ should be banned until he explains why he thought the Hogs needed to sign Pelphrey long term.