Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll do it - FIRE MIKE ANDERSON!

Started by revolution, January 10, 2017, 10:04:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

revolution

It needs to be said after that pathetic display tonight combined with so many years of suckage!

upperdeck_hawg

Year six. We are getting schooled by the second youngest team in the country.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

JONAS

WooPig90

hobhog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:05:09 pm

cardsNhogs

I would gladly risk losing the 17 and 18 class for a new coach!

arkfan81

Have faith...

hogcam

devildoghawg

Jeff Long better turn the heat up on both sports or he's going to find himself on the hot seat.  This is starting to become ridiculous. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

JONAS

Cobi Hamilton Fan

This can't be said enough. Literally the second youngest team in the country. On the road in Bud Walton. And we get it handed to us tonight.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Something has to change. I'm done.

This just isn't working out. We need a new coach.

orvillesghost

I agree but it will be at least 2019

hobhog

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2017, 10:07:06 pm

Right coach can keep them.

hobhog

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hogcam on January 10, 2017, 10:07:53 pm
Good luck filling up the stands
They havent been filled in years anyway lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

upperdeck_hawg

Ben Howland is a great coach. Two final fours. Just imagine what a coach like that can do with our talent.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

tee1up2par

Quote from: revolution on January 10, 2017, 10:04:03 pm
It needs to be said after that pathetic display tonight combined with so many years of suckage!

I would say get their attention by not attending games but that's already the case judging by the already thin crowds. Time for this make-up kiss with Nolan experiment to end. We need a coach who will teach relevant basketball. At this point, all the Fastest 40 means is how many minutes the posing team can get 40 open shots.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

forrest city joe

Quote from: revolution on January 10, 2017, 10:04:03 pm
You people never stop.some times you just get beat.

hobhog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:10:32 pm
Ben Howland is a great coach. Two final fours. Just imagine what a coach like that can do with our talent.

Three.

My son is a senior up there and at the game. Just texted me he and buddies want MA gone. NOW.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:11:28 pm
What do you expect?  Fans like you want us to be ok with mediocrity.  No thank you.

hawgrunner

That's sad.

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:11:28 pm
Actually we get beat a lot with Anderson as our coach.

Joe, people would cut you some slack if you were even close to intellectually honest with Bielema and Anderson.

dsims2k3

Sounds like one of  Pel's pals...Redemption huh?
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Dillon23

I'm on board...he gets out coached in every game. It's become a joke with us giving someone a career night from the 3 point line. We can't rebound, and our offense is a freelance hope and prayer that Dusty is on fire. I would love to watch a practice to see what in the he'll goes on in there.

SONofHAM

FCJ upset someone is yelling for a new coach? 

Oh the irony.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hogs-n-Roses

OK. Who do you want to make the next hire. First off, he ain't goin nowhere.

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: SONofHAM on January 10, 2017, 10:15:26 pm
FCJ upset someone is yelling for a new coach? 

Oh the irony.
I thought the same thing. haha. Funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

Dominicanhog

I think your over estimating the talent.. we have no 4, nobody to run an offense and our center has been mediocre.. I thought Barford was going to be the big missing piece, but he and Thomas have both been big disappointments..

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hogcam on January 10, 2017, 10:07:53 pm
Good luck filling up the stands
Yeah, cause the load of excrement we saw on the floor tonight is gonna reel 'em in by the thousands.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Dirty

cmrhawg

Yeah I've switched over now. I was mad after the Minnesota game, but this is different. He has to go. Probably best to do it sooner rather than later. We can't be held hostage by a couple good classes coming in the next few years. The right coach is much more important than any one recruiting class. Most of those kids will still be hogs anyways.

arkfan81

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 10, 2017, 10:17:14 pm
I think your over estimating the talent.. we have no 4, nobody to run an offense and our center has been mediocre.. I thought Barford was going to be the big missing piece, but he and Thomas have both been big disappointments..

Having players in roles that isn't in their games, that's on coaching. Not having an offense that runs plays. Is coaching.
Have faith...

Dirty

I hear JP is available again!  Who you gonna get?

Hollywood870

Why do people keep saying we have talent? Serious question. We are not any good folks.

revolution

Quote from: Dirty on January 10, 2017, 10:18:06 pm
Let's just start another thread!

All time comeback right here, folks!

Maybe, just maybe you should compare the time of first post in every thread so you actually know who started the earlier threads. If that's what upsets you tonight, I gotta wonder how big a fan are ya?

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Dirty on January 10, 2017, 10:20:28 pm
I hear JP is available again!  Who you gonna get?
There are lots of good coaches at the mid major level waiting on opportunity to Take the high major job. Let's please take a chance on one.

cosmodrum

Absolutely inexcusable with no relief in sight.

Kiss me on my ass, Jeff. Our two biggest programs are pathetic. It's on you.
Go away, batin'

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 10, 2017, 10:21:14 pm
Why do people keep saying we have talent? Serious question. We are not any good folks.

Are you saying we got beat by a more talented team tonight?

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 10, 2017, 10:23:32 pm
Absolutely inexcusable with no relief in sight.

Kiss me on my ass, Jeff. Our two biggest programs are pathetic. It's on you.
This. Was planning on coming Saturday.
Not after this.

nobballconcept

You could shoot a shotgun across bud Walton and not hit anyone these days.

Hollywood870

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:24:07 pm
Are you saying we got beat by a more talented team tonight?
Man hell yes. They were freshmen and sophomores. That Weatherspoon dude was getting six feet in the air on his beautiful jumpers. Their guards were ripping through our press dishing for nasty dunks. Their big men obliterated us on the boards. I thought they looked very nice. Our coaching sucks as well. All we do is try to run pick and rolls and we don't even execute any of them. Then act like we are gonna take someone off the dribble. We're not taking anyone off the dribble. BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ANY GOOD.

forrest city joe

That's just stupid. you win games with big time players.

Wild Bill Hog

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 10:30:38 pm

unless you are Mike Anderson
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

revolution

And someone who knows what to do with them. Mike Anderson is a cut above former LSU coach Johnny Johnson. And that ain't no compliment!

HawgAdvocate

Let's be real here. Right now it looks like we have one top 50 guy (Perry), and some back-end Top 100s  (Henderson, Joe) 'committed' for 2018.

That's less than the 2011 class had. It's not like we've locked-in multiple 5* players.

Perspective.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on January 10, 2017, 10:16:32 pm
OK. Who do you want to make the next hire. First off, he ain't goin nowhere.

Archie Miller at Dayton is a perfect guy to consider.
Only 38 years of age.
126-58 record
Been to 3 straight NCAAT appearances including an elite 8
Brother of Arizona coach Sean Miller

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 10, 2017, 10:29:09 pm
Man hell yes. They were freshmen and sophomores. That Weatherspoon dude was getting six feet in the air on his beautiful jumpers. Their guards were ripping through our press dishing for nasty dunks. Their big men obliterated us on the boards. I thought they looked very nice. Our coaching sucks as well. All we do is try to run pick and rolls and we don't even execute any of them. Then act like we are gonna take someone off the dribble. We're not taking anyone off the dribble. BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ANY GOOD.

They looked talented because our defense sucks and we don't know how to box out. On defense, they played with discipline and communicated well. Think Jacorey Williams. When he was here, he looked like the worse player in the SEC. Under a new coach and system, he is tearing it up. It's coaching. Its player development. We have more talent than Ms State. Our coach is just in way over his head.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Iwastherein1969

here's the knife cutting the meat to the bone...We all thought that hiring Mike Anderson would somehow bring back the magic of the Nolan Richardson years...we even held a pep rally to announce Mike's hiring...I think back on that day and I become embarrassed...5,000 of us in there thinking Pat Bradley, Corliss Williamson, Todd Day, Lee Mayberry, Oliver Miller and hundreds of others were magically going to return and be 18 years old again and take us back the "good ol' days"...well, shame on me first and then shame on everyone else who really believed that Anderson was going to magically bring back the good ol' days....didn't happen, or at least after 6 years it hasn't so this time I'm just going to take it for granted that Anderson just cannot get it done...Nolan was the architect of that masterpiece and the maestro has gotten old....the Razorback basketball program is dead
The long Grey line will never fail our country.