Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updated 2017 Depth Chart

Started by Oklahawg, January 15, 2017, 11:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

January 15, 2017, 11:31:40 pm Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:43:30 pm by Oklahawg
Time to revisit the depth chart, as well as a roster divided by class. This will be updated often as player status change.

======

CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS (STARTERS IN BOLD, order of others is randomly created):
QB (4): Austin Allen, Ty Storey, Cole Kelley, Daulton Hyatt
RB (5): Raleigh Williams, Devwah Whaley, TJ Hammonds, Juan Day, Maleek Williams
FB (2): Hayden Johnson Kendrick Jackson
TE (7): Austin Cantrell, Cheyenne O'Grady, Jack Krauss, Grayson Gunter, Will Gragg, Jemario Bell, Jeremy Patton
OT (8): Brian Wallace, Colton Jackson, Paul Ramirez, Dylan Hays, Jake Hall, Dalton Wagner, Shane Clenin, Kirby Adcock
OG (5): Hjalte Froholdt, Johnny Gibson, Jake Raulerson, Jake Heinrich, Terrance Malone
OC (2): Frank Ragnow, Zach Rogers
WR (7 ): Jared Cornelius, Deon Stewart, LaMichael Pettway, Jordan Jones, Kofi Boateng, Brandon Martin, Jonathan Nance

DE (2): Karl Roessler, Michael Taylor
DT (8 ): Sosa Agim, Bijhon Jackson, Austin Capps, TJ Smith, Armon Watts, Daytrion Dean, Briston Guidry, Jonathan Marshall
MLB (2): De'jon Harris, Giovanni LaFrance
SLB (3): Dre Greenlaw, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Dee Walker
OLB (3): Dewayne Eugene, Randy Ramsey, Kyrie Fisher
CB (6): Ryan Pulley, Henre' Tolliver, Kevin Richardson, Brito Tutt, Deon Edwards, Korey Hernandez
S (6): Josh Liddell, Santos Ramirez, Andre Coley, Reid Miller, Nate Dalton, Micahh Smith

K (1): Cole Hedlund
P (1): Blake Johnson

40 Offense
30 Defense
2 Special Teams
72 total

Committed Recruits:
QB (1): Daulton Hyatt (enrolled)
RB (2): Maleek Williams (enrolled), Chase Hayden
FB (0):
TE (1): Jeremy Patton (enrolled)
WR (6): Brandon Martin (enrolled), Jonathan Nance (enrolled), Maleek Barkley, Kollan Jackson, Jarod Barnes, Devion Warren
OG (0):
OT (3): Kirby Adcock (enrolled), Shane Clenin (enrolled), Dalton Wagner (enrolled)
OC (0):

DE (1): David Porter
DT (1): Melvin Johnson
LB (2): Josh Paul, Kyrie Fisher (enrolled)
CB (5): Korey Hernandez (enrolled), Jordan Curtis, Jarques McClellion, Kamren Curl, Chevin Calloway
S (2): Montaric Brown, Derrick Munson

24 Recruits (14 commits, 10 mid-term enrollees)
3 Blueshirts: Ty Clary (OL), Hayden Henry (LB), Gabe Richardson (LB/DE)

=====

By Class:

Senior (11): Kevin Richardson II, Henre' Toliver, Karl Roesler, Bijhon Jackson, Frank Ragnow, De'Andre Coley, Dwayne Eugene, Austin Allen, Josh Liddell, Jared Cornelius, Jake Raulerson

Junior (24): Dre Greenlaw, Hjalte Froholdt, Jalen Merrick, Kendrick Jackson, Rawleigh Williams III, Ryan Pulley, Zach Rogers, Armon Watts, Brian Wallace, Cole Hedlund, Jack Kraus, Jake Hall, Juan Day, Santos Ramirez, Randy Ramsey, Michael Taylor, Terrance Malone, Paul Ramirez, Brito Tutt, Jeremy Patton, Brandon Martin, Jonathan Nance, Reid Miller, Melvin Johnson

Sophomore (20): Daytrieon Dean, Austin Cantrell, Blake Johnson, Cheyenne O'Grady, Colton Jackson, Deon Stewart, Jamario Bell, La'Michael Pettway, Nate Dalton, T.J. Smith, Ty Storey, Will Gragg, Johnny Gibson, TJ Hammond, Hayden Johnson, Grayson Gunter, Sosa Agim, Austin Capps, De'Jon Harris, Devah Whaley

Redshirt Freshmen (12): Cole Kelley, Kofi Boateng, Jordan Jones, Jake Heinrich, Briston Guidry, Giovanni LaFrance, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Deon Edwards, Dee Walker, Micahh Smith, Dylan Hays, Jonathan Marshall

Freshmen (2017 recruits: 20): Kirby Adcock, Dalton Wagner, Shane Clenin, Daulton Hyatt, Chase Hayden, Maleek Williams, Maleek Barkley, Kollan Jackson, Jordan Barnes, Devion Warren, Jarques McClellion, Jordan Curtis, Korey Hernandez, Montaric Brown, Derrick Munson, Josh Paul, Kyrie Fisher, Kamren Curl, David Porter, Chevin Calloway

3 Blueshirts: Ty Clary (FR), Hayden Henry (FR), Gabe Richardson (JR)

Edits:
1.17.07: added Reid Miller to safety and junior class. Not sure if he returns to walk-on status or not, but need to reflect the fact he is on scholarship right now. Also gave O'Grady the correct first name (thx guys).
1.19.07: added Kamren Curl to safety cornerback (the Wholehogsports article quotes him talking about being a tall CB) and freshman (recruit) class.
1.22.07: removed Beanum and Hackett, leaving the program.
1.29.07: removed Troy James; added David Porter and Melvin Johnson to the recruiting class.
2.1.07: added Chevin Calloway, signing day addition to the 2017 class. Also added three blueshirts.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

My numbers are off by one. I have 85 current scholarship players + committed recruits when I list them by grade, but can only account for 84 with the depth chart (by position). Another set of eyes usually fixes that.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

One way or the other, we are right at our 85-cap and we are still recruiting for 2-4 spots.

Smolder

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 15, 2017, 11:32:43 pm
My numbers are off by one. I have 85 current scholarship players + committed recruits when I list them by grade, but can only account for 84 with the depth chart (by position). Another set of eyes usually fixes that.

Jalen Merrick is missing from the depth chart.

cpohog

If I am not mistaken, it is Cheyenne O'grady

bennyl08

There's no Cherokee O'Grady on the roster.

What is your requirement for counting as a returning starter? Beanum started over 50% of the games this season (7/12) and 8 of 13 for last season (don't know who started the bowl game this year). 15 career starts and a majority starter for past two seasons. I was going to say Cornelius should be bolded (and IMO he should be), but he "only" officially started 4/12 games this season to go with 6 starts from last season. Eugene also started 6 games this season (thinking he also started the bowl game to give over 50% of starts for the season). He had as many starts this season (6) as Greenlaw who you did bold.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Oklahawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 17, 2017, 06:03:23 pm

What is your requirement for counting as a returning starter? Beanum started over 50% of the games this season (7/12) and 8 of 13 for last season (don't know who started the bowl game this year). 15 career starts and a majority starter for past two seasons. I was going to say Cornelius should be bolded (and IMO he should be), but he "only" officially started 4/12 games this season to go with 6 starts from last season. Eugene also started 6 games this season (thinking he also started the bowl game to give over 50% of starts for the season). He had as many starts this season (6) as Greenlaw who you did bold.

Thanks for O'Grady.

I thought our DEs at the end were Ledbetter and Roesler. Figure that Eugene started because of Greenlaw's injury - same position, can only have one starter. I can change Beanum - that makes sense.

I'm with you on Cornelius - played starter reps.

EDIT: O'Grady is listed at TE and in the sophomore class. Formerly known as CJ O'Grady.

tophawg19

might want to add a list of walk ons . we may have to use some this season
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bennyl08

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2017, 11:33:53 pm
Thanks for O'Grady.

I thought our DEs at the end were Ledbetter and Roesler. Figure that Eugene started because of Greenlaw's injury - same position, can only have one starter. I can change Beanum - that makes sense.

I'm with you on Cornelius - played starter reps.

EDIT: O'Grady is listed at TE and in the sophomore class. Formerly known as CJ O'Grady.

My comment on O'Grady was seconding cpohog's post. It is Cheyenne, not Cherokee.

Hear ya on Eugene. I'm a bit looser on what I consider a returning starter. However, I understand the logic that he wouldn't have started likely if not for Eugene's injury. Albeit, the same would have been said about Morgan last year likely not ever starting if Cornelius and Hatcher were healthy all season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Oklahawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 18, 2017, 02:12:37 am
My comment on O'Grady was seconding cpohog's post. It is Cheyenne, not Cherokee.

Hear ya on Eugene. I'm a bit looser on what I consider a returning starter. However, I understand the logic that he wouldn't have started likely if not for Eugene's injury. Albeit, the same would have been said about Morgan last year likely not ever starting if Cornelius and Hatcher were healthy all season.

Ha! Yes, I have the corrected first name now.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

If we truly go to a 3-4, I expect to see Sosa and Beanum at the Ends and Jackson/Capps splitting time on the inside
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

tophawg19

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 17, 2017, 06:03:23 pm

oklahawg don't know his indians

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 01:38:43 pm
oklahawg don't know his indians

lol

too funny, and, yes, I SHOULD know them!

Tick Hog

I appreciate you taking the time to do this. It's always a very nice reference.

tophawg19

have to subtract a few it seems

King Kong

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 21, 2017, 04:57:30 pm
have to subtract a few it seems

There will be others after Spring I'm sure

tophawg19

true but those won't be players we are counting on.

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

rzrbkman

arkansasrazorbacks.com player participation chart shows that Paul Ramirez played against Texas St., Texas A and M and Alcorn St.   If that is correct he should be a senior?

Oklahawg

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 22, 2017, 07:32:02 pm
arkansasrazorbacks.com player participation chart shows that Paul Ramirez played against Texas St., Texas A and M and Alcorn St.   If that is correct he should be a senior?

He has been a redshirt all year. Not sure what is up with the participation chart.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 22, 2017, 07:43:16 pm
He has been a redshirt all year. Not sure what is up with the participation chart.
I swear I saw him play against Texas state and Alcorn, but maybe it was someone else.

HOGINTENNESSEE

blu

If I remember correctly, Ramirez did not have a redshirt year available - ie, he's already used it prior to coming here.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

nwahogfan1

Quote from: blu on May 14, 2017, 07:41:49 am
If I remember correctly, Ramirez did not have a redshirt year available - ie, he's already used it prior to coming here.

That is what I heard also,

rzrbkman

In conclusion, he must really be a senior.

Oklahawg