Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we love baseball

Started by Sho Nuff, February 06, 2018, 10:58:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

Besides the competition itself, what do you love about baseball?

For me, there are several things

- The crack of the bat, or ting if it's aluminum
- The smell of the grass
- The lack of inundation of hip-hop culture (just seems that all we hear at football and basketball games is rap, I guess I'm just old))
- I love the laid back atmosphere when we are playing a MAC school, I also love the excitement and tension when we are playing a top level conference foe.
- I love the fact that we are always competitive
- I love reading the game threads if I don't get to watch it.
- I love the fact that EI is not loaded down with complainers and trash talkers

What do you guys/gals enjoy about it?

Rockhawg

More games, more chances to enjoy all of those things you just listed. It takes me back to simpler times and the rules have changed very little. It is a different game now, with the DH and the use of Relief Pitchers. I really do enjoy the fact that DVH will have us in the chase for the Playoffs. WPS

DLUXHOG

Baum is a great place and atmosphere to watch college BB...  I love Hog BB and Baum...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Tai_Mai_Shu

7th inning stretch
player superstitions

311Hog

I love the "its never over" until the final out aspect.  There is no clock and no lead is safe.

I love the relative low cost and that it isn't extremely popular like Football and to a lesser extent basketball where people show up to mid week games in Feb. in the cold just to show "they could afford the fancy seats and be seen"  the people that are there really want to be.

I can take my family and the entire experience is low stress and low cost even down to coming and going from the field.

Baum is beautiful.

Definite sense of a love for the game.

Not deafening constantly.  Less hostility

Seeing former hogs as Naturals and beyond.

Wisco Pig

"Who can predict the winner and shape of today's game? Will it be a brisk, neat two-hour shutout? A languid, error-filled 12–3 laugher? A riveting three-hour, fourteen-inning deadlock? What other sport produces these manic swings?

For the players, too, form often undergoes terrible reversals; in no other sport is a champion athlete so often humiliated or a journeyman so easily exalted. The surprise, the upset, the total turnabout of expectations and reputations—these are delightful commonplaces of baseball."

--Roger Angell, from The Summer Game

Rockhawg

I must add, i so much appreciate the Razorback Dance Team/ RBI Girl's and their support. Although, they do mess up my teaching moments for my Grandson's as they more often than not are watching the girl's instead of the game. Sometimes it is fun to watch the boy's and their reaction to the ladies, the boys are 9 and 10 and can be made red faced when i catch them in that certain trance,lol. The crowd at Baum can make an impact on the visiting team, i have seen those kids faces when we call the Hogs. Can't wait for the 16th!

hog.goblin

Because it's as simple as a man with a ball throwing it past a man with a stick, yet also as complex as the skill required to effectively commincuate the double play, hitting the cutoff man, playing the right hot hitter, etc., etc.

Amityvillehogger

It's all I've ever known.

But it's also a sport that weeds out the simple minded folks that think it's too slow. Or not enough action.

Oh but that is the beauty of it grasshopper. Chess match. Not checkers.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HogFansReunited

Baseball is truly a different sport. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day. All the intricacies of the game that the casual obsever usually won't even notice.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Knot2brite

Because it is baseball....simple and straight to the point....THIS IS BASEBALL
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Bigfoot

I fell in love with baseball when I was a teenager and have loved it ever since.

However, I am a bigger fan of Chicago Cubs baseball than I am of Razorback baseball.

dwaller

The Friday night SEC game with each team's ace. Even better when the Hogs win and get deep in the other teams bullpen. My wife on the other hand loves the Saturday afternoon SEC game.
DVH getting after an umpire.
Remembering Larry Shank every 7th innings and announcing the beginning temperature in baseball degrees.
Brady Toops' grand slam, still my best Baum memory.   

Oklahawg

"To know baseball is to continue to aspire to the condition of freedom, individually and as a people, for baseball is grounded in America in a way unique to our games. Baseball is a part of America's plot, part of America's mysterious, underlying design - the plot in which we all conspire and collude, the plot of the story of our national life. Our national plot is to be free enough to consent to an order that will enhance and compound - as it constrains - our freedom." - A. Bartlett Giamatti, Take Time for Paradise: Americans and Their Games, p 83.

Sitting on my office desk, even as I type.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

spe450

The intensity of every pitch of a Friday night SEC series
The full and mostly knowledgeable crowds on Saturday afternoons
Being able to kick back with a partial hangover on Sunday and enjoy the game as much as I did on Friday

I love the people in my section.  We have all gotten to know each other over the past 9 years.  We can have serious baseball discussion that bleeds into casual conversation.  It feels like no time passes between June and the second week in February.  It's almost a barbershop quality in that they are excited to see you and want to know how everything is going even though the only time you see them is at the park.  Baum Stadium fosters that and it's great.

Dr. Starcs

The fact that it's the only sport we're relevant in.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

I love baseball - from Little League to MLB.
I love being at the ballpark - any ballpark.
I like to sit on my deck on a warm night and listen to baseball on the radio - it is by far the best sport to listen to on the radio. (Probably because I spent many summer nights with my Dad on the front porch listening to a baseball game.)

I can't wait for the Hog season to start and then MLB to start.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BroyledNutts

February 06, 2018, 05:48:02 pm #18 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:14:31 pm by BroyledNutts
Why, you ask?

It's Friday night, and knowing we're gonna take the series ...
It's the field, green and brown and white, manicured and glorious ...
It's the feel of the breeze, and knowing it's blowing out tonight ...
It's the National Anthem, and everyone standing, singing softly to themselves ...
It's the smells of things roasting, and frying, wafting softly through the seats, calling to your senses; even though you've already eaten ...
It's grown men jumping around to catch a T-shirt that's 3 sizes too small ...
It's hearing the Hog Pen tell an opposing outfielder "You Suck!"
It's the plays, and the outs, and the calls, good and bad - it's telling that ref how badly he sucks, only to praise him innings later ...
It's sitting in your seats in 30 degree temps, wondering if you and the other 400 there have lost your minds ...
It's just knowing he's gonna hit one out, and he does ...
It's guessing right in the shuffle game and acting like you knew it all along ...
It's the RBI girls, ever smiling and waving, even when it's not going well ...
It's the 7th inning stretch, listening to 7000 call the Hogs as loud and 70,000 ... yelling THIS IS BASEBALL  ... and then sprinting for the bathroom ...
It's the walk off win, and high five-ing complete strangers ...
It's swearing you'll never wear that hat again, until next Sunday arrives ...
It's lingering just a little longer after that last out of the season, knowing it's a long, long way to February ...
It's time spent with people you love, people you loathe, and people you wish you knew a little better ...
It's knowing that opening day is right around the corner, and you just can't wait to start it all again ...

It's Baseball ...

TexasDad

February 06, 2018, 06:05:01 pm #19 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:27:51 pm by TexasDad
It's impossible to put into words all the reasons for loving the game of baseball. It's intangible and can't be analyzed, conveyed or rationalized – it just is! In between the foul poles is where instant gratification goes to die, where anticipation is palpable and hope truly springs eternal! It's beautiful game, that mirrors life... 

RazorWire™

It's always a great day at the park win or lose

SPAL

So, some meathead comes over here, jumps in this thread, and quotes the OP and answers "nothing" to the question , what do you enjoy about baseball....

And you thought that would go over well? Of all threads to trash, you thiught this would be a good place to start?

Sho Nuff

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 06, 2018, 05:48:02 pm
Why, you ask?

It's Friday night, and knowing we're gonna take the series ...
It's the field, green and brown and white, manicured and glorious ...
It's the feel of the breeze, and knowing it's blowing out tonight ...
It's the National Anthem, and everyone standing, singing softly to themselves ...
It's the smells of things roasting, and frying, wafting softly through the seats, calling to your senses; even though you've already eaten ...
It's grown men jumping around to catch a T-shirt that's 3 sizes too small ...
It's hearing the Hog Pen tell an opposing outfielder "You Suck!"
It's the plays, and the outs, and the calls, good and bad - it's telling that ref how badly he sucks, only to praise him innings later ...
It's sitting in your seats in 30 degree temps, wondering if you and the other 400 there have lost your minds ...
It's just knowing he's gonna hit one out, and he does ...
It's guessing right in the shuffle game and acting like you knew it all along ...
It's the RBI girls, ever smiling and waving, even when it's not going well ...
It's the 7th inning stretch, listening to 7000 call the Hogs as loud and 70,000 ... yelling THIS IS BASEBALL  ... and then sprinting for the bathroom ...
It's the walk off win, and high five-ing complete strangers ...
It's swearing you'll never wear that hat again, until next Sunday arrives ...
It's lingering just a little longer after that last out of the season, knowing it's a long, long way to February ...
It's time spent with people you love, people you loathe, and people you wish you knew a little better ...
It's knowing that opening day is right around the corner, and you just can't wait to start it all again ...

It's Baseball ...
Well said!

Tortfeasor

The older I get, the more I love the game. It's always been my favorite. The game within the game is always the most intriguing for me.

southarkhog06

I have to agree with just about all that is stated above...

I just have to share a funny quirk about my wife. She refuses to let me go to Baum without her, Why you ask?

Is it because she wants to spend time with me? No not even close.

Is it because she loves baseball? No, she refuses to watch it on tv.

Is it so she can shop in Faytown? No, We live close enough she can do that anytime.

Is it the Baum atmosphere? Sort of but most of it she could live without...

She refuses to let me go without her because she loves listening to people heckle the umps... Specifically she hopes they blow a call so she can see DVH argue, and hear the whole crowd give them grief for the rest of the game.

Yes, you read right my Wife's favorite part of baseball is hearing the crowd and watching the home skipper get angry... some people just want to watch the world burn...

factchecker

The intelligence and passion of our baseball fans.

There seems to be a whole lot less fair-weathers and bandwagon fans in baseball.  Makes the forums and games much more enjoyable.

Extra Innings does a great job covering our baseball team as well - which adds to the enjoyment.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tony Perkis

Too many reasons to think of.

- My dad and I bond over and talk about baseball more than anything
- The life lessons it teaches you
- I will argue baseball requires more strategy and smarts than any other major sport (game within the game)
- Nothing quite like planning a day at the ballpark
- The stats are so much deeper and more fun to analyze than any other sport
- Ballplayers wear hats, I like hats
- The best console game of all time is MLB the Show
- The only sport where I enjoy professional as much as college. I believe baseball players continue to hold the love of the game throughout the pros...I don't find that true of other sports.

PintailKiller

In the words of Earl Weaver: "You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all."
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hoglady

Sportsmanship

What other sport will fans give a standing ovation to an opposing player for an exceptional game??

Baseball fans - whether college or pros recognize great pitching performances and appreciate it for what it is.

Don't see much of that in any other sport.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gustofwind

smell of the grass when opening the suite doors
my kids coming and going to left field as they please
the taste of a cold miller lite at 3pm during a midweek game
playing moundies w/friends
cooking a low country boil before a big SEC home game
anticipating if the starter is bringing it or not
second guessing DVH hit and run call and him being correct
second guessing DVH hit and run call and i'm correct
seeing future big leaguers at BS on a regular basis
kids scrambling for baseballs to get signed at the end of the game
watching players parents attend games
discussing w/friends what my walk out song would be
leaving after the game and it not taking 1-2 hrs to get home because of traffic.
sound of the bat and then the fans when one is jacked

For 4 months out of the year Baum is my home away from home.  I've missed 3 games over the last 3 years and adjust my work schedule when the season schedule comes out.  I'll pick my kids up early from school and they are ready to go and giddy w/anticipation. There are games you'll never forget and games you hope to forget but for us, it's the memories we are creating.

jst01

I love the way it brings out child-like enjoyment from a 34 year old grown man playing the game in the pros. The way a center fielder will try and hide his smile after robbing a home run, but he cant stop grinning. I especially love the connections that players and fans have in the game.  You just don't see the same interactions and respect between fans/players in football or basketball.

EconHawg

I fell in love with baseball as a kid. Not while I was playing (I'm no athlete so that was a short lived venture), but my Uncle would take me to watch American Legion league ball in the summers up in Joplin. He had played in it as a kid and seeing how it had him on the edge of his seat, and sometimes jumping up and shouting, started my real interest in the sport.
Then when I was a student at the U of A I took a job with the athletic department and got to work one on one with some of the baseball players here. In my experience, you won't meet a better group of young men.

So I love the sport, I love the hogs, and I love cheering on the guys that our program and coaches bring in.

MissippHog

IMO, it's the most difficult sport to play.  The perfect combination of speed, power, finesse, agility, and most importantly, strategy.  It's the one game where size doesn't matter.  And just when you think you know everything there is to know, or have seen everything there is to see, you realize that you don't or haven't. 

As I have gotten older, my appreciation and love for the game has increased while it has diminished in other sports.  The history of the game, the memories that have been made and are being made with my boys.  The smell of the park.  The perfectly manicured fields.  The decades old rivalries.  Spending  the entire weekend with other families who love it as much as you.  The excitement, the ups, the downs.  Whether we are catching the Redbirds at Autozone Park or watching one of our boys play, there are very few places we'd rather be than the ball field.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: gustofwind on February 07, 2018, 02:36:43 pm
smell of the grass when opening the suite doors
my kids coming and going to left field as they please
the taste of a cold miller lite at 3pm during a midweek game
playing moundies w/friends
cooking a low country boil before a big SEC home game
anticipating if the starter is bringing it or not
second guessing DVH hit and run call and him being correct
second guessing DVH hit and run call and i'm correct
seeing future big leaguers at BS on a regular basis
kids scrambling for baseballs to get signed at the end of the game
watching players parents attend games
discussing w/friends what my walk out song would be
leaving after the game and it not taking 1-2 hrs to get home because of traffic.
sound of the bat and then the fans when one is jacked

For 4 months out of the year Baum is my home away from home.  I've missed 3 games over the last 3 years and adjust my work schedule when the season schedule comes out.  I'll pick my kids up early from school and they are ready to go and giddy w/anticipation. There are games you'll never forget and games you hope to forget but for us, it's the memories we are creating.

It's obvious, you love the Hogs rather than just baseball....   The Razorbacks are fortunate to have you amongst their fanbase...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

zane

"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting that timing"   - Warren Spahn

Baseball is an intelectual sport. There is gamesmanship and the constant need to outsmart your opponent. This is also why I love wathing DVH's teams. He can seem like a tinkerer but he's always looking for that edge.
RIP LSUfan

hog.goblin

Quote from: MissippHog on February 08, 2018, 12:44:39 am
IMO, it's the most difficult sport to play.  The perfect combination of speed, power, finesse, agility, and most importantly, strategy.  It's the one game where size doesn't matter.  And just when you think you know everything there is to know, or have seen everything there is to see, you realize that you don't or haven't. 

As I have gotten older, my appreciation and love for the game has increased while it has diminished in other sports.  The history of the game, the memories that have been made and are being made with my boys.  The smell of the park.  The perfectly manicured fields.  The decades old rivalries.  Spending  the entire weekend with other families who love it as much as you.  The excitement, the ups, the downs.  Whether we are catching the Redbirds at Autozone Park or watching one of our boys play, there are very few places we'd rather be than the ball field.

It's interesting to think about how much taller basketball players are, and athletic at the same time, and how it's transformed the game...how much bigger, stronger, and faster football guys are and what they can do now.

In baseball some of the same thing have happened, but Bob Feller and Nolan Ryan through just as hard or harder than anyone today.  Ruth and Mantle hit the ball as hard as anyone playing today.  Ted Williams had as good an eye (better) than anyone who is playing today.

A guy 5'8" can play the same position as someone who is 6'8"

steveaustin69

Quote from: Sho Nuff on February 06, 2018, 10:58:37 am
Besides the competition itself, what do you love about baseball?

For me, there are several things

- The crack of the bat, or ting if it's aluminum
- The smell of the grass
- The lack of inundation of hip-hop culture (just seems that all we hear at football and basketball games is rap, I guess I'm just old))
- I love the laid back atmosphere when we are playing a MAC school, I also love the excitement and tension when we are playing a top level conference foe.
- I love the fact that we are always competitive
- I love reading the game threads if I don't get to watch it.
- I love the fact that EI is not loaded down with complainers and trash talkers

What do you guys/gals enjoy about it?

Arch Hog

Wow, this question brought out the poet in many of you and I must admit I love it.

This is baseball!
A game that connects me to the best parts of my past, my Mom in a lawn chair sitting on the hill to watch me play, my Dad, whiffle ball in the backyard with my brother, the teams I played on and the guys I played with.

A game that while I watch the RBI girls take to the top of the dugouts I see my own daughters there (both were RBI girls, and yes I am a proud Dad).

A game that allows me over the course of a season to "adopt" the guys who wear the cardinal and white. I know they are not perfect but they are mine and if you make it personal while bad mouthing the home team you may have a fight on your hands.

A game that allows me to enjoy the game day experience over and over and it is never quite the same.

A game that introduced me to the Pine Bluff mafia (the folks in our section) and even had them adopt my wife and I into the group.

A game that allows me to second guess DVH and love him anyway.  (None of the vitriol spewed on other sites.  He may make mistakes but there is no reason for, or tolerance of, the, "he is fat", "he is stupid" crowd).

A game?  Oh, to me, it is much more than a game.  When I take my seat and see the carpet of green and the murmur of a late arriving crowd, I can still smell the leather of my old glove and see the faces of old teammates.  I can still feel the bat in my hand and hear the ball hit the mitt and hear the banter of teammates and opponents.  I feel young again and for the briefest of moments know I could play today if they needed me.

A game?  Heaven help me, I do love baseball.

Rockhawg

Arch Hog, you need to post more! Thanks for taking me down memory lane, as so many other Hog Fan's have done in this thread. I am so ready for this season to get started! I am pushing 60, yet, i feel like a kid this time of year. That is what Baseball does to me. Thanks EI. WPS

Busta_Nutt

Phenomenal thread and great stories posted.

Aside from baseball camps as a young kid, my first trip to Baum was for the '04 Supers against FSU. I wasn't quite old enough to drive yet, so my old man took a few of my friends and me up for the weekend. We met up a few of his old college runnin' buddies and had a blast. It was a great weekend filled with a couple of very late nights, especially for my friends and me at the time. We ended up sneaking into DWRRS and later Old Main...hearing stories of memories they had at each place while at the U of A was really something cool and basically, it had us kids wishing we were in college and the old man and his crew wishing they had never left.

Anyway, enough of my trespassing stories. Should be a hell of a season!

SPAL

I'm not sure I can add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I'll give it a shot.

From the time I was old enough to throw a ball, I can remember playing catch with my dad.....it was a simple thing really, just some old leather gloves and an old worn out baseball...but, it was so much more than that.....it was time I got to spend with my dad....the man who raised ne I to the man I would become.....it was those games if catch I learned so much about life. Those memories I'll charish forever....

Then it was tball and peewee and little league. I can remember the most exciting time of the year was when our uniforms came in. #23 was mine and everyone knew it.....that changed when I turned 13 and fell in love with #7 that I wore through high school. Those muggy, hot nights on the diamond with your best friends, who were your worst enemies for 5 innings.

Free cokes after the game, that as I got older, realized someone actually had to pay for them.

If you played the early game, you found a game of cup baseball afterward because you just loved baseball.

Practice was sonething you looked forward to. I can remember taking ground balls until it was too dark to see and coaches willing to stay and turned the lights on.

You never forget the smells either.....fresh cut grass, dirt, cigarette smoke......it was just part of the atmosphere.

The memories you make that last forever. I remember playing left field in a regional tournament against jessieville. The bases were loaded and we were tied. Guy hit a blast to me. I time it perfectly and scale the fence to rob a granny.... We lost anyway.

But I'll never forget the last time I ever played.....state tournament, semi finals.....a win away from playing at Baum stadium. We got run ruled and I remember looking at the score board.....I walked over and sat on second base, territory that I had roamed throughout the year, not making but one error all year, and thought to myself.....this is it. I just want one more ground ball, one more swing, one more game.....my heart was as broken that night as it had ever been before. I learned at that point, sometimes life doesn't go as planned. My dream was to play ball at Baum stadium.....but it wasn't meant to be. I cried real tears. I knew my baseball career was over.....

Life lessons......I learned more by playing this silly kids game than through any other measure. Now, I love it because I can still learn. If at any point you think you've got this game figured out.....you realize you've only just started learning.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 09, 2018, 10:35:59 pm
I'm not sure I can add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I'll give it a shot.

Life lessons......I learned more by playing this silly kids game than through any other measure. Now, I love it because I can still learn. If at any point you think you've got this game figured out.....you realize you've only just started learning.
The life lessons continue to come. I also find myself researching more and more about the game each year. I consider myself a very knowledgable baseball fan...but I never run out of history, stats, or facts to keep me interested.

Mr.Swine89

The ability for any team on any day to come in and lay a whippin on anyone. It's the most humbling sport due to the fact that everyone knows that at the beginning of every game and believes it until the final out is made.

The lessons it teaches you and the relationships that are made from it. I met my wife because of baseball. She is the lone woman that I've found that gets just as pissed at a baserunnering mistake as a missed strike call. It creates knowledge and crital thinking.

I have a college degree bc of it that I otherwise would not have due to the fact that I didn't want to quit playing so I rode the college pine for years and saw mop up duty haha. But it was a hell of a time and I still talk to former teammates.

Mikey

While I agree with just about everything already posted in this thread, I'll add that, by far, the best sports movies are about baseball.  Bull Durham (my all-time favorite), Field of Dreams, 8 Men Out, The Natural, Moneyball, Bad News Bears, and on and on . . .

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Mikey on February 10, 2018, 03:56:17 pm
While I agree with just about everything already posted in this thread, I'll add that, by far, the best sports movies are about baseball.  Bull Durham (my all-time favorite), Field of Dreams, 8 Men Out, The Natural, Moneyball, Bad News Bears, and on and on . . .
I wouldn't take Major League out of the VCR when I was a child. I've seen it no less than 200 times and quote it in every day conversation.

Mikey

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 10, 2018, 04:55:35 pm
I wouldn't take Major League out of the VCR when I was a child. I've seen it no less than 200 times and quote it in every day conversation.

Juuust a bit outside . . .

Uecker was hilarious in that.

Bigfoot

Quote from: Mikey on February 10, 2018, 05:37:05 pm
Juuust a bit outside . . .

Uecker was hilarious in that.

Legendary broadcaster.

He's been broadcasting Brewers games longer than I've been alive.

3of5-2

It's the memory of me and my brother playing catch with my dad and my uncle and my grandfather in a field beside my grandfather's shotgun house in Cottonwood Corner in Northeast Arkansas back in 1967. Three generations just throwing a baseball to each other. Nothing else mattered in the whole wide world. What I would give to do that with them again.

Sho Nuff

Thanks for sharing guys, I have really enjoyed reading your comments.  Less than 5 days away!!!

Hayden1865

There is nothing better than eating a dog with a cold one in the outfield of Baum stadium. That is in my opinion the closest thing to heaven on Earth.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.