Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

bvillepig

TebowHater

I think it is TT. Interview had to have been done basically ahead of time. No way anyone within the department would have interviewed with Long still there. That eliminates Trainor and Varady. Scanlon seems unlikely from financial perspective. TT it is. Will be interesting.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 16, 2017, 06:01:33 pm
It's Tommy T. This has been in the works for a while, hence his speech at the TD club
Didn't TT say he was all for playing stAte? This could get interesting.

Lard

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:04:54 pm
I think it is TT. Interview had to have been done basically ahead of time. No way anyone within the department would have interviewed with Long still there. That eliminates Trainor and Varady. Scanlon seems unlikely from financial perspective. TT it is. Will be interesting.
varady does not work in the athletic Dept
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

moses_007

It's Tommy T. This has been in the works for a while, hence his speech at the TD club
Bingo...it's him.  He grew up a Razorback fan in Arkansas, always wanted to be our head coach, but Broyles hired Houston Nutt instead.  Orville Henry was FURIOUS that Tommy didn't get the job in 1998.  He would be a great AD since he's football minded and would love to be back to his home state.

ricepig

Varady is at the RF, close to the money.

huntindoc

Didn't they say they would be going outside of sports?  Varady fit's that mold.

RME

God, please not Tuberville.

God, please Scanlon.

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

TebowHater

Quote from: Lard on November 16, 2017, 06:06:04 pm
varady does not work in the athletic Dept

Too loyal of a person. Would not interview while JL still there. He would not do it. He is not a career athletics politician

TebowHater

moses_007

It will be Tommy T.  He's been campaigning for this job for well over a month now.  Guess the BOT put out feelers to see if he might be interested.  And Gus wouldn't mind working for him either.....

Well, Tommy will get to fire Bielema.......

bville_hog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:08:56 pm
Too loyal of a person. Would not interview while JL still there. He would not do it. He is not a career athletics politician

Maybe didn't need an interview or maybe interview yesterday or today.....lot of possibilities.

Hawginj

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 06:12:18 pm
It will be Tommy T.  He's been campaigning for this job for well over a month now.  Guess the BOT put out feelers to see if he might be interested.  And Gus wouldn't mind working for him either.....

and Gus

TebowHater

It's TT. Same BOT people that want Gus want TT. I'd prefer Varady, but this will be an interesting experience. Another non-true Razorback.

http://footballscoop.com/news/the-chatter-at-arkansas/

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Pecos Hog

And I bet Tommy can't wait to get started. 

pigmania

[/quote
Didn't Tommy T. recently say he would consider getting back into college football, maybe as an AD?

Slobberin’Hog

"It would be interesting to watch Tubs attempt to successfully make the move from one chair to the other along the lines of Barry Alvarez or Tom Osborne."

....or.... hmm. It seems like was another HC to AD move that would be more pertinent to Arkansas. I just can't figure out who...

Also, TT had a not-so-flattering hot mic incident recently. If it's him, I expect that will be mentioned in every story.

bvillepig

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 06:06:21 pm
Bingo...it's him.  He grew up a Razorback fan in Arkansas, always wanted to be our head coach, but Broyles hired Houston Nutt instead.  Orville Henry was FURIOUS that Tommy didn't get the job in 1998.  He would be a great AD since he's football minded and would love to be back to his home state.

Broyles did not hire Houston Nutt. He wanted TT.  John White insisted that a committee be formed.  The committee was split. Quin Grovey held out for Houston until every one else gave up.  The vote had to be unanimous

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorback7

moses_007

Quote from: bvillepig on November 16, 2017, 06:19:17 pm
Broyles did not hire Houston Nutt. He wanted TT.  John White insisted that a committee be formed.  The committee was split. Quin Grovey held out for Houston until every one else gave up.  The vote had to be unanimous
Well, most Arkansans thought that Broyles hired Nutt.

TebowHater

All I can say is everyone go find a Good Ol Boy and hang on tight...if this hire is made he's going to have more power than most of Jeff's Assistant AD's did

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RazorbacksFTW

Don't be so sure it's him.
He wasn't just pushing for the Arkansas job he also pushed for the Auburn job and sounds like he wants to be an AD at any of the schools in the SEC.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/9/16630070/tommy-tuberville-auburn-ad-job-jay-jacobs

It could be him but don't be surprised if it isn't.

HoggyCat

Here's what everyone is missing....

https://www.stephens.com/private-wealth-management/our-team/kevin-scanlon/

Now.... Here is page one of the official statement on using bonds to finance $120M of the $160M stadium renovation. Tell me what you see.

Scanlon will be the next AD. Do a little math with what you see here and what you know about Scanlon's sports history......

longpig

How does TT look from a financial perspective?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Broadway Rob

This all stems from 2 things:
1.  He's from Arkansas
2.  He mentioned on Bo's show that he might like to be an AD some day.

Literally, everyone has taken it and run with it since. 

I think, based on the way this has gone down, the BOT wants someone they can control.  TT doesn't fit that mold.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

factchecker

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 16, 2017, 06:24:44 pm
Here's what everyone is missing....

https://www.stephens.com/private-wealth-management/our-team/kevin-scanlon/

Now.... Here is page one of the official statement on using bonds to finance $120M of the $160M stadium renovation. Tell me what you see.

Scanlon will be the next AD. Do a little math with what you see here and what you know about Scanlon's sports history......

You are correct.

I like Scanlon.  I'd like to hear some people argue against him just so I can get somebody else's opinion.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

seasonhog

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:14:08 pm
It's TT. Same BOT people that want Gus want TT. I'd prefer Varady, but this will be an interesting experience. Another non-true Razorback.

http://footballscoop.com/news/the-chatter-at-arkansas/

I fell like TT & Gus is a done deal.........BB will stay till MO game.......good to see someone is tired of losing.

onebadrubi

I don't think it's Scanlon guys. 

Lard

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 16, 2017, 06:26:34 pm
1.  He's from Arkansas

I think, based on the way this has gone down, the BOT wants someone they can control.  TT doesn't fit that mold.
TT makes no sense.  Scanlon or Varady do.
-Thomas Jefferson

Broadway Rob

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Sivad

Quote from: bvillepig on November 16, 2017, 06:19:17 pm
Again, that is the absolute truth. In spite of the myth that CFB "hired" Hootie.

hog of steele

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 16, 2017, 05:57:21 pm
Well, considering Long purged almost all Arkansans from virtually every important position, is it surprising there were no leaks?  Now that some balance will hopefully be restored, information should flow more freely again.

You are literally hoping that it is less functional. How can we possibly knock the fact that Long plugged leaks? That is a good thing he did.

hawgmasta

It's the RIGHT REVERAND HOUSTON DALE NUTT!

The prodigal song hath returned!

Ex-Trumpet

Whose office is Otter's guy packing?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

TebowHater

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 16, 2017, 06:26:34 pm
1.  He's from Arkansas

AND the fact he has been campaigning for the job (see LR TD club), AND Football Scoop is hearing from their BOT sources that they want TT, AND the hire was seemingly made in advance meaning this was in the works for a while

TebowHater

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 06:26:41 pm
You are correct.

I like Scanlon.  I'd like to hear some people argue against him just so I can get somebody else's opinion.

I think he is hands down the best pick if we could get him. Without question. Not sure he would take the pay cut, but he would be the best pick.

Him > Varady >> TT

If it is TT our athletics department is going to go bankrupt and it is going to be a comic like 2006 with all the drama given how much control GOBN will have.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: TebowHater on November 16, 2017, 06:34:08 pm
AND the fact he has been campaigning for the job (see LR TD club), AND Football Scoop is hearing from their BOT sources that they want TT, AND the hire was seemingly made in advance meaning this was in the works for a while

Barry Alvarez spoke at the TD club too...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 06:26:41 pm
You are correct.

My only concern is actually running an athletic department, but that can be said on all of them, oh well....

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 06:36:16 pm
My only concern is actually running an athletic department, but that can be said on all of them, oh well....

It's a business. He would do exceptionally well.

hawgon

If it's TT, we would certainly be the talk of college football.

ArkansasI

If Varady is half the man those on here represent him to be, his credentials make him a no-brainer.  I can understand why they would work expeditiously to name him.

HoggyCat

snoblind

Told last night all that was left to do was for the man to say yes.  I've seen his name enough in the thread to guess he did.

Awesome. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 06:36:16 pm
If its Tubs, the Gus Bus ain't coming here.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.