Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' O line was better under Nutt

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 20, 2017, 11:13:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

BB comes in and states we are going to become O line U under him. In his 5th season here, we can't block for the run when we have to and have never been able to since he arrived. We can rush the ball vs Fla A&M but not against the better teams on the schedule. They shut the Hogs down.

We could always run under Nutt's offense. No matter the opponent. Simple fact, simple observation. Fans usually do not like facts though.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

98hogs

We could not always run under HDN.  Had a hard time on 3rd and 4 a lot.

Steef

I can remember games that Dmac didn't get 100 yards. Nutt decided after Gus was gone that the 'wild hog' was really cool. Let's rename it and get Dmac killed.

Put one...and only one...back in the backfield with a two tight end set and then wonder why your opponents know who's gonna run the ball.

Rocket Science.

Meantime, Felix and Peyton are watching from the sidelines. At LEAST put one of them in there WITH Dmac, to keep the linebackers honest.

I also remember a bowl game when we couldn't score a point in the second half with Nutt's offensive genius going up against....wait for it... Bret's defense.

Wildhog

Quote from: Steef on September 20, 2017, 02:17:30 pm
I can remember games that Dmac didn't get 100 yards. Nutt decided after Gus was gone that the 'wild hog' was really cool. Let's rename it and get Dmac killed.

Put one...and only one...back in the backfield with a two tight end set and then wonder why your opponents know who's gonna run the ball.

Rocket Science.

Meantime, Felix and Peyton are watching from the sidelines. At LEAST put one of them in there WITH Dmac, to keep the linebackers honest.

I also remember a bowl game when we couldn't score a point in the second half with Nutt's offensive genius going up against....wait for it... Bret's defense.

Yep.  The Wildcat was MUCH more effective when Felix was in motion. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

IronHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 11:13:30 am
BB comes in and states we are going to become O line U under him. In his 5th season here, we can't block for the run when we have to and have never been able to since he arrived. We can rush the ball vs Fla A&M but not against the better teams on the schedule. They shut the Hogs down.

We could always run under Nutt's offense. No matter the opponent. Simple fact, simple observation. Fans usually do not like facts though.

Could always hit a big run under Nutt.....cause he had great backs.  OL was inconsistent overall.

If a real program had Peters and Andrews at the same time they woulda won 2 NCs
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Steef

Quote from: Wildhog on September 20, 2017, 02:18:19 pm
Yep.  The Wildcat was MUCH more effective when Felix was in motion.

Okay....this is twice today we've agreed on something.

Cut it out.

;D

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: IronHog on September 20, 2017, 02:18:58 pm

Could always hit a big run under Nutt.....cause he had great backs.  OL was inconsistent overall.

If a real program had Peters and Andrews at the same time they woulda won 2 NCs
I disagree totally. Nutt's O-lines could always run block. Now pass protection was another issue.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgon

Rocket Science.

I also remember a game where the vaunted Wisconsin rushing attack got something like 26 yards.

Hoggish1

Remember when he ran DMAC till his tongue hanged out in Saban's first year and just about ruined him?

IronHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 10:03:47 am
I disagree totally. Nutt's O-lines could always run block. Now pass protection was another issue.

1-1-2-3-75-1-0-2-6

What rushing was like under NUTT

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 10:18:26 am
I also remember a game where the vaunted Wisconsin rushing attack got something like 26 yards.

And gave up like 6 sacks......

idochog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 11:13:30 am

Go check out Nutts rushing stats against SEC teams and you will rethink that.  Nutt racked up the rushing yds against the nobodies in the conference and nonconference and couldn't run when we needed to.
I love Jesus!

gangstaback

the 'wild hog' was really cool. Let's rename it and get Dmac killed.

What games were you watching? He was almost never hurt after 2006.

Steef

Quote from: gangstaback on September 21, 2017, 12:49:43 pm
What games were you watching? He was almost never hurt after 2006.

He played almost one entire season with bruised ribs.

jgphillips3

The Oline hasn't been this bad since the 90's.

Letsroll1200

We always had a physical offensive line under Houston Nutt.