Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Hernandez kills himself in prison

Started by jbcarol, April 19, 2017, 06:44:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in prison Wednesday morning, the Department of Correction said

Former Florida Gator and New England Patriots star was discovered hanging in his cell at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Mass., at approximately 3:05 a.m.

Quote"Mr. Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population unit," the statement said. "Mr. Hernandez hanged himself utilizing a bedsheet that he attached to his cell window. Mr. Hernandez also attempted to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items."

State Police are investigating, and his family has been notified.

Hernandez's suicide comes five days after he was acquitted of murdering two men in Boston in 2012. However, he was still serving a life without parole sentence for murdering Odin L. Lloyd in North Attleborough in 2013.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogcard1964

Live like a coward, die like a coward.

At the very least I hope this bring peace to the families of the victims.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dropkick

Vantage 8 dude

April 19, 2017, 10:30:28 am #4 Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:46:02 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Dropkick on April 19, 2017, 09:31:33 am
What a tragic story for all involved.
How so true! Yep, in this case absolutely no one wins. Obviously the victims and their parents, family and friends; Hernandez's family, especially his young daughter. Such as waste all the way around. An obviously athletically talented but immensely troubled individual. I read somewhere that not surprisingly he was diagnosed with low self-esteem and anti-social behavior disorder. Whatever the true issues, the tragic end to a life NOT well lived is a cautionary tale for all of us.

Perhaps in the end the only real winners were society in general. Harsh to say, however, at least the taxpayers/general public won't have to pay the upkeep of his life long stay in prison. Not a particularly charitable way of looking at it though. :( :( :(

One further thought: in going back and reviewing his background all this seems to make zero sense. From what I understand he grew up in a relatively stable two parent home. He worked hard during and after high school to hone his football skills. However, there was some seed inside that led him to make the totally wrong choices. He got away with several drug related issues while at UF. However, what's even more strange, and tragic, is that even with his very lucrative contract and seemingly "set of life" status with the Patriots, he still choose to associate with drug dealers and gang bangers. Perhaps it goes back to the supposed issue(s) of low self-esteem and/or anti-social behavior patterns. The real reason(s) may never be known. The one thing that IS abundantly clear though is that in the end he was alone; deserted by virtually everyone that meant anything to him. Whether or not one agrees with this sad end, one can't argue that this is another prime example of very bad personal choices that led to a person's huge downfall.

DZ

If he gave a crap about his daughter and his family he wouldn't have been out killing people. His daughter would probably be better off not knowing who he is than have to live her life knowing what a POS her dad was. I don't understand how anyone can feel sorry for the guy. the peoples family of those that he killed are the only ones that deserve any sympathy.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DZ on April 19, 2017, 12:17:16 pm
If he gave a crap about his daughter and his family he wouldn't have been out killing people. His daughter would probably be better off not knowing who he is than have to live her life knowing what a POS her dad was. I don't understand how anyone can feel sorry for the guy. the peoples family of those that he killed are the only ones that deserve any sympathy.
Speaking only for myself, I don't feel sorry for him. I most certainly do for the victim's families and Hernandez's family as they had nothing to do with his actions. Above all its his daughter that will never really get to know anything positive about her dad. Having said that, what I also find sad are the choices this guy made; choices that obviously can't readily be explained. A very good lesson and reminder for all of us: the choices we make, both good and bad, can really have profound and lasting consequences for the rest of our lives (and others). We all need to think for clearly and rationally before the next time we "pull the lever" in deciding what we do/don't do.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm so shocked that Urban wasn't able to turn this troubled kid's life around. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 19, 2017, 04:30:35 pm
I'm so shocked that Urban wasn't able to turn this troubled kid's life around.
Yeah, I totally agree. Shocked indeed that such a good and righteous HC just couldn't get through. Then again, how come I seriously doubt he either tried of cared?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 19, 2017, 10:30:28 am
How so true! Yep, in this case absolutely no one wins. Obviously the victims and their parents, family and friends; Hernandez's family, especially his young daughter. Such as waste all the way around. An obviously athletically talented but immensely troubled individual. I read somewhere that not surprisingly he was diagnosed with low self-esteem and anti-social behavior disorder. Whatever the true issues, the tragic end to a life NOT well lived is a cautionary tale for all of us.

Perhaps in the end the only real winners were society in general. Harsh to say, however, at least the taxpayers/general public won't have to pay the upkeep of his life long stay in prison. Not a particularly charitable way of looking at it though. :( :( :(

One further thought: in going back and reviewing his background all this seems to make zero sense. From what I understand he grew up in a relatively stable two parent home. He worked hard during and after high school to hone his football skills. However, there was some seed inside that led him to make the totally wrong choices. He got away with several drug related issues while at UF. However, what's even more strange, and tragic, is that even with his very lucrative contract and seemingly "set of life" status with the Patriots, he still choose to associate with drug dealers and gang bangers. Perhaps it goes back to the supposed issue(s) of low self-esteem and/or anti-social behavior patterns. The real reason(s) may never be known. The one thing that IS abundantly clear though is that in the end he was alone; deserted by virtually everyone that meant anything to him. Whether or not one agrees with this sad end, one can't argue that this is another prime example of very bad personal choices that led to a person's huge downfall.

He grew up involved in gangs in New England. He was never willing to give up that lifestyle and the people involved in it. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 19, 2017, 08:00:41 pm
He grew up involved in gangs in New England. He was never willing to give up that lifestyle and the people involved in it.
I wasn't aware of his early association with gangs growing up. However, looking back on how things unfolded it certainly makes sense.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Aaron Hernandez's brother, D.J., arrested for throwing brick at ESPN building, left signed note

QuoteThe brother of late former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested Thursday after throwing a brick at ESPN's headquarters in Bristol, Conn.

TMZ reported Monday that D.J. Hernandez was charged with of breach of peace, a second-degree misdemeanor. He was released from jail on a "promise to appear" in court on April 6.

Aaron Hernandez, who died by suicide in 2017, was convicted in 2015 of murdering Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough, Mass., in 2013. The trial and aftermath garnered national attention, including ESPN.