Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gamecocks...gotta say

Started by Danny J, March 24, 2017, 08:26:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

They are making this look easy and not just the Baylor game but Duke and Marquette...

HawgnCorona

Looks like they got their Mojo back...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

The_Iceman

It's all about seeding and matchups.

Also helps when you can keep Thornwell on campus 4 years.

daprospecta

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 24, 2017, 08:37:11 pm

And you are playing in your state.

Hogz87

If you're going strictly by tournament performances only, the only team that's looked better than South Carolina through their first three games is Kansas. 

code red

They play a little defense....That helps.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rljjr

Good for Cocky. I don't think they can sustain it after Thornwell is gone, but it's nice to see them show some grit. I posted somewhere that I thought they would get hammered by Marquette. Clearly I was wrong and SC-East is finding their stride and good matchups for them. Good for the SEC that they're in the Elite 8.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Wish I'd tuned in sooner. This thing was over by the time I turned my tv on. But good for the Gamecocks. I'll catch them on Sunday.

Breems

Quote from: daprospecta on March 24, 2017, 08:40:42 pm

Yeah, lucky break for them.

How did they friggen completely fall apart and then make this incredible run? I had them out in the first game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Jackrabbit Hog

Madison Square Garden is in South Carolina?  Who knew??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

WorfHog

Quote from: Breems on March 24, 2017, 09:03:28 pm
Yeah, lucky break for them.

How did they friggen completely fall apart and then make this incredible run? I had them out in the first game.

Well we kind of fell apart and made a run. It's called coaching.

Albert Swinestein

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 24, 2017, 08:37:11 pm

I don't know Iceman, Duke is not exactly a favorable matchup.  Duke took care of UNC a few days before SC played them.  If we had played Duke in the second round, I doubt we would have talked about it as being a good matchup.

40MINSOFHELL

we could've been in the position of South Carolina if we were an 7 seed.

passinghog

Wouldn't have made it out of the weekend, maybe not even Friday, if they weren't playing 100 miles away from their campus.

hogwood

Very happy for the Gamecocks, Coach Martin, and the SEC. this is good for the Hogs. I think SC will be top 25 worthy most years with Martin. They are obviously taking advantage of Thornwell and Dozier being in-state products. Felder is also from SC. Let's see if they can sustain the success whether it be in-state or out-of-state talent. I hope they make it to the Final 4 and win it all. Keep Florida and KY out of it.

40MINSOFHELL

South Carolina got a lucky draw. Played in their home state.

BDSCT51

Love rooting for the SEC (except scumbag calipari and he who shall not be named) to take down the pretenders. It is fun!
Bleeding Razorback Red

SPAL

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 24, 2017, 09:35:16 pm
Wouldn't have made it out of the weekend, maybe not even Friday, if they weren't playing 100 miles away from their campus.

Speculation and conjecture.

GuvHog

It didn't help them when they played Arkansas in Columbia so I doubt that has a thing to do with it..
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!