Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guns at Razorback Stadium

Started by GoHogzzGo, March 22, 2017, 07:34:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

Quote from: hobhog on March 24, 2017, 03:23:54 pm
I hope you don't feel the need either.......
I don't, too much emotion at games.

StuartDavin

Sivad

Quote from: hobhog on March 24, 2017, 04:06:44 pm
it will be the quiet weird dude that doesn't say a word the whole game.....
Or an agriculture professor ala Lawton Nalley.

goodguytex

Quote from: StuartDavin on March 24, 2017, 09:56:06 pm
In reply to a tweet "begging" him to take a stand against it.

https://twitter.com/jefflongUA/status/845466085398908928
I actually agree with how Long handled that. He's trying to stay above the political muckraking and taking sides one way or the other. Can't say I would've handled it any differently if I'd been him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: majestic on March 24, 2017, 11:28:15 am
I do. You are creating a slave class. No ability to get a decent job, no ability to determine who governs you, etc. Then you end up back in jail making 23 cents/hour.

No slave class. I've hired convicted felons. I paid them just like everyone else I hired. Those that go back to jail do so because they were stupid and didn't know how to handle the outside and did something they weren't suppose to do. A DECENT job is one where someone is working. Nobody said you had to be a mensa member to get paid to have a decent job.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorbackAlways

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sw403 on March 24, 2017, 01:19:58 pm
What some of you are worrying about won't happen because the silent majority don't think like you.  We won't be pulling out our guns and shooting refs or other people not threatening our lives.  Most of you don't need guns because you won't put out the effort to understand them or the proper application to use them, you have us for that and can go about your daily lives and hope someone will be around to save you if something happens.  You demand that we lay down our rights and guns, but if something ever happens, we will find out how many of you can fit behind the armed people there.  There is a reason that there is no such thing as an American refugee, we have guns and will pick them up to fix the problem.

Silent majority you say. I'd bet a years salary that the majority of people think it's stupid to allow and should be illegal to carry guns in any event attended by such a large number of people. The reason there is no American Refugees has NOTHING to do with one SINGLE right but all the rights messed together.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: buldozer on March 24, 2017, 02:21:59 pm
Not near as many liberals in those areas as NWA

Oh good grief. The ONLY place with "many" liberals in NWA is within the student population. MOST people attending the games are not students there. The only demographic place in Arkansas that has a liberal majority is in Pulaski county, especially LR.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Guns for home protection and hunting: Good idea.
Guns in public places: Debatable idea.
Guns at sports venues: Terrible idea.

jacobp

Quote from: HF#1 on March 24, 2017, 02:27:53 pm
Might as well shut this thread down before it becomes politics 2.0... They exempted sporting events, nothing to see here.
Again, not true. Still has to go through House and Governor...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jacobp on March 25, 2017, 10:07:56 am
Again, not true. Still has to go through House and Governor...

This exemption was in the works when the original bill was signed. Sit tight. Things will get worked out.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

logic

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 22, 2017, 07:34:20 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/guns-soon-allowed-at-arkansas-games

Will start off with saying I'm pro-gun rights. Own a couple but do not have a conceal carry license.

I think they really should exclude sporting events. Recipe for disaster, all it takes is one really bad decision.

Went to four home games last year. Not sure how I feel on this, will anyone actually carry in the stadium, I sure hope not? What do you guys think about this?
You are not pro-gun rights.  Those with a conceal carry license not being armed is a forty times bigger danger.  You only need to think of all the mass killings by crazies that would have stopped had another citizen  been armed and the number of times an armed citizen did stop a mass murderer.

logic

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 23, 2017, 01:30:33 pm
CCW holders are statistically the most law abiding citizens in the country. They are convicted of felonies and misdemeanors just 1/7th of the rate of police officers. The worst case kill rate of the over 14,500,000 CCW holders today (justifiable or not) is 0.003%.

The "wild west" mantra is a bunch of nonsense.
It is true that police having guns are a far greater danger than CCW holders.  It is the police I fear and bow to, not CCW holders.

bennyl08

Quote from: logic on March 25, 2017, 08:53:36 pm
You are not pro-gun rights.  Those with a conceal carry license not being armed is a forty times bigger danger.  You only need to think of all the mass killings by crazies that would have stopped had another citizen  been armed and the number of times an armed citizen did stop a mass murderer.

The number of concealed carry holders that have committed gun violence themselves greatly outweighs the number of mass shootings that were ever stopped by somebody with a CCL. Not saying a person with a CCL is violent. Those numbers represent much less than even 1% of holders.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

orvillesghost

I personally feel not only should we have the right to carry guns anywhere but that every citizen also should have the right to have their own portable nuclear device

I would feel a lot safer with my own personal nuke...

Inhogswetrust

March 26, 2017, 05:44:08 am #266 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:55:14 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: RazorbackAlways on March 25, 2017, 08:25:05 am
Nothing more than another political stunt for the detriment of the American public. Both sides are just filled with crap. This is a stupid idea. And facts are facts.

http://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2016/02/03/7af71f32-9877-43e3-870d-3d7f557e0820/bbb4b6d9775e599e46ac4c0fc5834558/gun-death-rates-chart.jpg#

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

Sometimes comparing dry raw numbers for non comparable entities does not make for a very valid comparison. Different culture, lifestyle, histories, size, demographics, educational style, political process, etc.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: logic on March 25, 2017, 08:53:36 pm

That second sentence makes no sense what so ever.  Do you honestly think that arming everyone in a large event would lessen deaths? I assume you can show us proof of that..........................Arming everyone might make the killed count higher. I think I'd prefer to let the experts handle it in those type situations. All those mass killings might have been stopped even easier with a POLICE presence there. How many mass killings can you remember when there was a large police presence..........

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: logic on March 25, 2017, 09:09:28 pm
It is true that police having guns are a far greater danger than CCW holders.  It is the police I fear and bow to, not CCW holders.

99% of the time you have nothing to fear from the police when you do nothing wrong......................

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2017, 08:43:43 am
If you came to our tailgate it was..................

And that should be a huge issue. No matter where you got the booze, if you're polluted you shouldn't be carrying. If you bought your beer in a designated area inside RRS, who's to say you can't chug it down and then go stumbling around the stadium with your gat under your belt?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: orvillesghost on March 26, 2017, 12:37:08 am
I personally feel not only should we have the right to carry guns anywhere but that every citizen also should have the right to have their own portable nuclear device

I would feel a lot safer with my own personal nuke...

Make sure you get a concealed carry permit for that thing.....................It is a little more expensive though!

sw403

I'm just tired of giving up my rights so others can have a false sense of security.  88,000 people per year die from alcohol related deaths, and 31,000 people die per year form guns (19,000 form suicide).  Probably alcohol was also involved is a good portion of the gun deaths also.  So we need to ban alcohol from stadium.  You have no constitutional right to alcohol but we do for guns.     

Inhogswetrust

March 26, 2017, 06:52:28 am #273 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:02:29 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: sw403 on March 26, 2017, 06:44:07 am
I'm just tired of giving up my rights so others can have a false sense of security.  88,000 people per year die from alcohol related deaths, and 31,000 people die per year form guns (19,000 form suicide).  Probably alcohol was also involved is a good portion of the gun deaths also.  So we need to ban alcohol from stadium.  You have no constitutional right to alcohol but we do for guns.     

You might want to read that amendment that repealed Prohibition before saying there is no right to alcohol. Interesting how it is highly regulated relative to gun regulations yet you want the right to carry a gun anywhere and everywhere all the time without any regulation. Having rights is always relative to responsibility and common sense as well. IF everyone was responsible with all their rights all the time there would never be any need for any regulations. Most rights are regulated in some way or at least exercising them could land someone in trouble with the law sometimes.

Inhogswetrust

March 26, 2017, 06:55:10 am #274 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:48:35 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2017, 05:53:34 am
And that should be a huge issue. No matter where you got the booze, if you're polluted you shouldn't be carrying. If you bought your beer in a designated area inside RRS, who's to say you can't chug it down and then go stumbling around the stadium with your gat under your belt?

The police presence in the club area. I've seen them intercede with someone that was unruly and acted inebriated. Having a season ticket to the SOC I've only seen a couple of people that I thought was overly under the influence. That being said I agree overindulgence and guns could be a problem. I've managed quiet a few places where alcohol can be served and held a few alcohol permits. I've had three former employees have to go to the hospital after an altercation with a weapon toting customer except it wasn't a gun it was a knife. It's nearly impossible to keep any and all weapons out of places where alcohol is served. I'm pro gun rights but I also think that much more training should be required to serve alcohol and that has noting to do whether a weapon is brought in or not. I feel safer in the SOC club area than in a bar where there is no police anywhere and it'd take them a while to get there.

pigture perfect

I'm not too worried about the cch bringing weapons into a place. It's those who haven't had background checks and classes that worry me a lot more. Can you imagine how long it would take to get into a sporting event if everyone was checked for a firearm and then carded and background checked at the gate? The logistics alone would make going to a sporting event not worth the hassle.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 26, 2017, 08:07:26 am
I'm not too worried about the cch bringing weapons into a place. It's those who haven't had background checks and classes that worry me a lot more. Can you imagine how long it would take to get into a sporting event if everyone was checked for a firearm and then carded and background checked at the gate? The logistics alone would make going to a sporting event not worth the hassle.

Very simple solution. Once they go through a metal detector and it goes off then have them step aside just like at an airport or other places for more detailed scrutiny before they enter. That being said I'm NOT for guns inside a stadium but the logistics is not the issue.

tusksincolorado

March 26, 2017, 10:35:37 am #277 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:17:52 am by tusksincolorado
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 25, 2017, 06:22:05 am
No slave class. I've hired convicted felons. I paid them just like everyone else I hired. Those that go back to jail do so because they were stupid and didn't know how to handle the outside and did something they weren't suppose to do. A DECENT job is one where someone is working. Nobody said you had to be a mensa member to get paid to have a decent job.

Hear...Hear! Go to trade school, gain a skill serving in the military, or go to college and learn a useful degree. But whatever you do....get your head up, and stop looking at your damn smart phone!!! 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

sw403

Maybe we should try some of the regulations on alcohol that are on guns.  Must have a background check before you buy.  Limit the number of alcohol you buy at a time. (6 pack to a 3 pack)  That should stop DWI's.  Make more laws against drinking while driving.  Must pass a class and pay  for a license to carry alcohol in a public place.  Things like that would solve the problem.  Sad thing is that at any given time 10% of drivers are DWI and people accept that because most people like to drink and most of people are responsible while drinking.  The same is true with firearms, but dems are scarred of guns and people who have them.  Hitler's Germany was first nation to register all guns.  That didn't turn out very well for Jewish people.  Hard to control people that can fight back.  That's why you don't see U.S. refugees.   

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 05:49:15 am
That second sentence makes no sense what so ever.  Do you honestly think that arming everyone in a large event would lessen deaths? I assume you can show us proof of that..........................Arming everyone might make the killed count higher. I think I'd prefer to let the experts handle it in those type situations. All those mass killings might have been stopped even easier with a POLICE presence there. How many mass killings can you remember when there was a large police presence..........

Truly I have never felt threaten going too, watching  a sporting event live, or living a sporting event. Even when I traveled to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals at Busch Stadium 20 to 30 times a year, and when I traveled New Orleans, and Memphis.

But I will admit that I was a little nervous leaving Baton Rouge when we beaten the Corn-doggers!   8) ;)  :razorback:

trippigs

I am embarrassed that my legislature would pass such a law and then immediately start to renege it. Just a tad of common sense before the first move would be nice. I witnessed our government up close and personal a year ago and it was not pretty, efficient, wise, comforting, etc. Reminded me of show dogs.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: sw403 on March 26, 2017, 11:08:08 am
Maybe we should try some of the regulations on alcohol that are on guns.  Must have a background check before you buy.  Limit the number of alcohol you buy at a time. (6 pack to a 3 pack)  That should stop DWI's.  Make more laws against drinking while driving.  Must pass a class and pay  for a license to carry alcohol in a public place.  Things like that would solve the problem.  Sad thing is that at any given time 10% of drivers are DWI and people accept that because most people like to drink and most of people are responsible while drinking.  The same is true with firearms, but dems are scarred of guns and people who have them.  Hitler's Germany was first nation to register all guns.  That didn't turn out very well for Jewish people.  Hard to control people that can fight back.  That's why you don't see U.S. refugees.   

Dems are not scared of guns....just scared of right wing radicals who tote guns on their hip to be tough. I never felt compelled to carry my Wilson CQB into Wal-Mart. Now when traveling out on the road...that is a different story. Just like Republicans are not scared of Liberals....just scared of left-wing whack jobs who march/demonstrate with violence or with social upheaval. Just remember when we start limiting/eliminating the First Amendment, and limiting/eliminating the right to read any publication of one's choosing, or silencing any media outlet, then that is when we will need to worry about history repeating itself.

I will admit I am beginning to get a little nervous in the direction the American society is tilting. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: trippigs on March 26, 2017, 11:26:40 am
I am embarrassed that my legislature would pass such a law and then immediately start to renege it. Just a tad of common sense before the first move would be nice. I witnessed our government up close and personal a year ago and it was not pretty, efficient, wise, comforting, etc. Reminded me of show dogs.

They're playing "ping pong politics"... make my constituents happy, then throw it to the other side to fix.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 26, 2017, 10:35:37 am
Hear...Hear! Go to trade school, gain a skill serving in the military, or go to college and learn a useful degree. But whatever you do....get your head up, and stop looking at your damn smart phone!!! 

The last felon I hired did a good job while working on the job itself. BUT he constantly wanted an advance on his paycheck, wanted me to buy his cigarettes for him, was constantly on his smartphone (which was paid for by our government) texting and talking to his wife (which was also a felon), constantly complained or whined about missing her when we we had to travel to work and constantly wanted specific days off and never the same days. The final straw was when I asked him if he could work Monday through Wednesday of Thanksgiving week and he said 'sure". THEN when I called to let him know what time I would pick him up where he lived (which I always did since he did not have a drivers license) he said "My wife does not want me to work that week at all because of Thanksgiving so I can't work". I said that's only Thursday and ya'll aren't traveling out of town and I'm not asking for Thursday, Friday or the weekend (which we sometimes do work weekends). He replied "I'm sorry but I have to be here all week. I said "No problem I don't need you anymore then." Since then he has called several times begging for his job back. I refused. He even had the audacity to say "That's why criminals go back to jail because nobody will give them a chance"  My response was "I DID give you a chance and you blew it". I know you also had other jobs after prison before I hired you and they gave you a chance and you still left. One of which simply because you didn't like the work you were doing yet it was a job and you didn't have to even travel out of town". He said I won't call again. Yet he did and the last time just last week he called and said "I went home to my grandpa's and he gave me two family guns and I thought you might want to buy them since I'm not even suppose to have them and will get thrown back in jail if I get caught with them". I said "No I don't want them". Incredible!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 26, 2017, 11:12:59 am
Truly I have never felt threaten going too, watching  a sporting event live, or living a sporting event. Even when I traveled to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals at Busch Stadium 20 to 30 times a year, and when I traveled New Orleans, and Memphis.

But I will admit that I was a little nervous leaving Baton Rouge when we beaten the Corn-doggers!   8) ;)  :razorback:

Nothing more scary than a liquored up mad corn dogger!

Inhogswetrust

March 26, 2017, 12:17:46 pm #285 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:09:52 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: trippigs on March 26, 2017, 11:26:40 am

I've had a lot of politicians stay in my hotels over the years. Enough to know that we have a SERIOUS political problem and how any sane person would go into politics is simply crazy! I've witnessed and seen why people constantly make fun of a joke about politicians. Sad it's that way but they bring it on themselves! The biggest problem is politicians that think it should be their career forever.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 26, 2017, 11:40:29 am
Dems are not scared of guns....just scared of right wing radicals who tote guns on their hip to be tough. I never felt compelled to carry my Wilson CQB into Wal-Mart. Now when traveling out on the road...that is a different story. Just like Republicans are not scared of Liberals....just scared of left-wing whack jobs who march/demonstrate with violence or with social upheaval. Just remember when we start limiting/eliminating the First Amendment, and limiting/eliminating the right to read any publication of one's choosing, or silencing any media outlet, then that is when we will need to worry about history repeating itself.

I will admit I am beginning to get a little nervous in the direction the American society is tilting. 

I personally know quite a few Democrats that carry......................

logic

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 05:53:12 am
99% of the time you have nothing to fear from the police when you do nothing wrong......................
That  statement is true only if you are very meek and do not exercise your rights and the police don't decide to search you or your vehicle .  Otherwise, you likely will be detained longer, clubbed,  tasered, or killed.  And if don't exercise you right and deny a search, if you have anything of value, for example you just withdrew cash from a bank, the police will take it under the asset forfeit laws.
See:  https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/03/john-w-whitehead/official-robbery/

Boardon Hamsay

So much for the skeet shooting events and releasing of deer onto the field at halftime. Maybe we could bring some carnival like air gun games into the concourse as reach across the political aisle.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: logic on March 26, 2017, 01:26:30 pm
That  statement is true only if you are very meek and do not exercise your rights and the police don't decide to search you or your vehicle .  Otherwise, you likely will be detained longer, clubbed,  tasered, or killed.  And if don't exercise you right and deny a search, if you have anything of value, for example you just withdrew cash from a bank, the police will take it under the asset forfeit laws.
See:  https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/03/john-w-whitehead/official-robbery/

John Whitehead and the Rutherford Institute................now THAT'S funny!

I imagine you're the kind of person that has a hole in the ground with a bunch of canned food and bottled water and weapons.....................................

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
You're the kind of person that has a hole in the ground with a bunch of canned food and bottled water and weapons.....................................

And unfortunately, comes out of it........

logic

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 26, 2017, 12:09:50 am
The number of concealed carry holders that have committed gun violence themselves greatly outweighs the number of mass shootings that were ever stopped by somebody with a CCL. Not saying a person with a CCL is violent. Those numbers represent much less than even 1% of holders.
Obviously that is true since gun violence by CCLs is 63% suicides and most of the other 17%  was protecting life and property.  And, those numbers pales in comparison to the number of times a CCL holder just exposing his gun convinced some thug that it was better to take his crime elsewhere.

In every state, more gun laws equals more crime.  However, that doesn't imply less gun violence; only that  thugs feel safer robbing or harming someone using other weapons such as knives or strong-arm methods when the odds of the person being armed is extremely low.

jacobp

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 25, 2017, 11:15:38 am
This exemption was in the works when the original bill was signed. Sit tight. Things will get worked out.
I can tell you with 100% certainty this is not true. They didn't plan for HB1249 to get hijacked and go crazy like it did, or they would have added the exemption to the original bill.

ricepig

Quote from: jacobp on March 26, 2017, 09:24:57 pm
I can tell you with 100% certainty this is not true. They didn't plan for HB1249 to get hijacked and go crazy like it did, or they would have added the exemption to the original bill.

No, they knew that there was no stopping the bill in the end, and Asa already had assurances from the Hendren to introduce the exemption in the Senate the next day.

moto625

Love it, maybe some of those drunk tough guys will be taught a lesson.

311Hog

crazy to me how many people fancy themselves police and/or soldiers with this idea that if they were armed there would be no crime because they would be there to save the day with their smith and Wesson. give me a frackin break with this sheet.  let the real cops and the real soldiers do their job.

Yes I own guns yes I hunt with them, yes my dad has a shooting range and provides CCL's training. I still think it is the height of stupidity some of the justifications I have heard and read in this thread. 

I mean the odds a person actually being in a mass shooting scenario are so small it is "almost" impossible, yet to further compound that insanity there are people who not only believe it will happen to them, but that they will be able to stop it because they are packin heat and had a single day training course... 

If people believe they have what it takes to be a cop or a solider believe me those people are hiring...

Inhogswetrust

March 27, 2017, 06:30:34 am #296 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:31:50 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: 311Hog on March 27, 2017, 12:15:37 am
crazy to me how many people fancy themselves police and/or soldiers with this idea that if they were armed there would be no crime because they would be there to save the day with their smith and Wesson. give me a frackin break with this sheet.  let the real cops and the real soldiers do their job.

Yes I own guns yes I hunt with them, yes my dad has a shooting range and provides CCL's training. I still think it is the height of stupidity some of the justifications I have heard and read in this thread. 

I mean the odds a person actually being in a mass shooting scenario are so small it is "almost" impossible, yet to further compound that insanity there are people who not only believe it will happen to them, but that they will be able to stop it because they are packin heat and had a single day training course... 

If people believe they have what it takes to be a cop or a solider believe me those people are hiring...

That's the deal with me. It's not the mass shootings I worry about happening to me when there already is a large police presence. It's the already emotionally charged people that think they are like the WWII Allies and going to save the world from evil.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on March 26, 2017, 09:31:41 pm
No, they knew that there was no stopping the bill in the end, and Asa already had assurances from the Hendren to introduce the exemption in the Senate the next day.
Yep.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TechHawg

Well I've read enough so I guess I'll chime in. As usual, people are overreacting and tossing around a lot of hyperbole. Personally, I don't mind it being against the law to carry at sporting events because there is a heavy police presence already there to deter crime. However, if the law were to stand, it certainly won't stop me from going to games. The idea that someone who goes through the hours of training and background check to get their CCL, plus the additional training to carry in the newly authorized areas, will get drunk at a game and kill a referee is ridiculous. Anybody crazy and evil enough to do that, can sneak a gun in right now easily. I live not far from Texarkana, and a couple of years ago when Texas passed open carry, to hear internet experts tell it there were gonna be high noon shootouts on Main Street every day. And guess what? There has not been an increase in Wild West shootouts. Stop with the hyperbole and loom at it honestly. It won't be the end of the world.