Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C182 down near Albequerque

Started by GusMcRae, November 17, 2015, 12:41:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3965307.shtml

Found out at lunch this is a mechanic that is HQ'd at Kickapoo (CWC) and his business partner.
Not sure if the storms had started by the time they went missing or not (1:00 PM Monday).

Looks like lots of folks are going to be looking for a new mechanic in this neck of the woods.  :(
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

GusMcRae

http://www.abqjournal.com/677225/abqnewsseeker/faa-searching-for-small-plane-missing-near-albuquerque.html

Updated article.  3 on board.  Found the plane.  Having trouble getting to it.  Rough night of weather to try to survive a plane crash.  Not looking good. 

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

GusMcRae

john c

GusMcRae

My CFI sent me this pic of the recovered plane yesterday.