Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida game isn’t even over...

Started by sickboy, October 28, 2017, 05:32:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

And they just announced that Florida is going to fire their coach after the game.

checkraiser88

Looks like he'll be fired over a Moral clause like BP. Although he's not a good Coach anyway

TNhawgfan

He'd get a lifetime contract if long was his AD
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

sickboy

I think they're looking for a good reason to get rid of the guy. Especially when their is going to be a "with cause" firing.

Tusks

This dude at Iowa St. is gonna win a NC someday.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 28, 2017, 05:34:25 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21199029/university-florida-administrators-discussing-fire-coach-jim-mcelwain-following-claims-family-players-received-death-threats

Would be smart so they can go ahead and get a young up and comer now before other schools open up

UF just trying to get out of a buyout...how many people leaving death threats leave paper trails and evidence?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

LRHawg

If they can do this, surely we can drum up some reason to fire Bielema for cause.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 05:38:08 pm

We need to get him.
You're dreaming if you think long is picking up that buyout

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: LRHawg on October 28, 2017, 05:38:58 pm
If they can do this, surely we can drum up some reason to fire Bielema for cause.

Cause he sucks?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rhames

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 28, 2017, 05:39:35 pm
You're dreaming if you think long is picking up that buyout

Would be worth it.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

KlubhouseKonnected

That sucks big time. Horrible for us
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

checkraiser88

Quote from: LRHawg on October 28, 2017, 05:38:58 pm

We need him to lie in a PC. It seems to work

sickboy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2017, 05:38:42 pm
UF just trying to get out of a buyout...how many people leaving death threats leave paper trails and evidence?

I, myself, notarize all my death threats.

rhames

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 28, 2017, 05:41:10 pm

Ya know. Maybe, maybe not

Who really wants to go to a school where they can the guy who won he division 2 years in a row and made some silly comments? 

Florida is a better job than Arkansas though

rhames

TNhawgfan

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 28, 2017, 05:41:10 pm
Yep. Florida and Tennessee are much bigger names who will get the names that give HV wood

Atlhogfan1

Dawgs getting two coaches fired in SECE.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhames

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 28, 2017, 05:44:50 pm
Yep. Florida and Tennessee are much bigger names who will get the names that give HV wood

Kind of like the last few times they both hired head coaches?

Tusks

I'm not looking for wood, I'm just looking for competence with upside.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 05:43:13 pm

Who really wants to go to a school where they can the guy who won he division 2 years in a row and made some silly comments? 

Your first point is how I feel when people talk trash about Mike Anderson.

Agree on the second point. Obviously, anyone who does not is drunk or on meth. Or drunk on meth.

3kgthog

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 05:43:13 pm

Let's be real. The current East has been trash for years. It's not impressive that UF won it two years in a row. They got blown out by us for crying out loud.

Now UGA appears to be grabbing control of it with both hands.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on October 28, 2017, 05:47:42 pm
I'm not looking for wood, I'm just looking for competence with upside.

Accurate.

Tusks

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 05:46:44 pm

Kind of like the last few times they both hired head coaches?

I wonder if Kiffin will end up at FL.  That would help the Hogs search.

The Pulse

Incredible the amount of difference in standards programs have. They fire you at Florida if you don't win every game. At Arkansas they give you an extension for being under .500

KlubhouseKonnected

Florida could probably have Gus today if they would pay for him. And you know, he might do pretty well there.

WorfHog

They want to fire him because he said his family and players are receiving death threats? How does that work?

Albert Swinestein

Florida should as it is a Top 5 job at worst.  Tennessee though...really?  They might get lucky this next time, but Tennessee has failed their last three times in a row at getting a "name" coach.  They have been turned down more times than the beds at your local hourly rate hotel.

sickboy

Quote from: WorfHog on October 28, 2017, 05:50:34 pm
They want to fire him because he said his family and players are receiving death threats? How does that work?

He admitted lying about it, I think. Or refused to give them evidence that it did happen.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 28, 2017, 05:38:42 pm

How many coaches don't report death threats to the police?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

rhames

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 28, 2017, 05:48:15 pm
Let's be real. The current East has been trash for years. It's not impressive that UF won it two years in a row. They got blown out by us for crying out loud.

Now UGA appears to be grabbing control of it with both hands.

They also won 10 games didn't they?

To virtually lose you job after what appears to be a down year for them isn't a good perception. They did the same thing to Muschamp

rhames

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 28, 2017, 05:48:12 pm
Your first point is how I feel when people talk trash about Mike Anderson.

Agree on the second point. Obviously, anyone who does not is drunk or on meth. Or drunk on meth.

When has the admin ever put heat or pressure on Anderson?

JONAS

Danimal

go hogues

It is unbelievable to me that all the commentators are discussing it openly on other networks as well. On SECNW, they spent almost the entire USC/Vandy halftime talking about it, all in grave tones of voice but then they act as if the Hogs' situation is normal.
Other than Butch, no SEC coach has underperformed to the level of CBB AND HE'S IN HIS FIFTH YEAR. McElwain's on what, his third? AND he's been to the SECCG the last two years.

Bottom line: it's ok for Florida fans/administration to be ready to pull the pitchforks but Arkansas needs to know their place.

Sickening.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 28, 2017, 06:01:39 pm
How many coaches don't report death threats to the police?

Most?  Coaches get them all the time, especially in the SEC.

People are nuts.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 06:02:03 pm

They also won 10 games didn't they?

To virtually lose you job after what appears to be a down year for them isn't a good perception. They did the same thing to Muschamp

Muschamp had back to back down years considering the program.  4-8 followed with 6-5
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Tusks

Quote from: go hogues on October 28, 2017, 06:42:42 pm
It is unbelievable to me that all the commentators are discussing it openly on other networks as well. On SECNW, they spent almost the entire USC/Vandy halftime talking about it, all in grave tones of voice but then they act as if the Hogs' situation is normal.
Other than Butch, no SEC coach has underperformed to the level of CBB AND HE'S IN HIS FIFTH YEAR. McElwain's on what, his third? AND he's been to the SECCG the last two years.

Bottom line: it's ok for Florida fans/administration to be ready to pull the pitchforks but Arkansas needs to know their place.

Sickening.

I know, how dare Arkansas have expectations.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: JONAS on October 28, 2017, 06:34:00 pm
Florida may go after Dan Mullen.

Can almost guarantee they will. The AD has a long history with Mullen.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Hawg Life

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 28, 2017, 05:49:50 pm
Florida could probably have Gus today if they would pay for him. And you know, he might do pretty well there.

No one outside of Arkansas fanticizes about Gus except the very few that want him on Hogville.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: tusked on October 28, 2017, 06:46:48 pm
I know, how dare Arkansas have expectations.

Maybe he shouldn't lie to his boss. Gets you fired.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

jjfmetal11

Paulsooie

If they fire him, then they already have someone locked up.  I wonder who it is.  Very interesting.
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

rhames

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 28, 2017, 06:46:28 pm
Muschamp had back to back down years considering the program.  4-8 followed with 6-5

True but they were still 2 years removed from a BCS bowl. Job security means a lot to these guys.

That's all I'm pointing out.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on October 28, 2017, 06:55:33 pm
No one outside of Arkansas fanticizes about Gus except the very few that want him on Hogville.

I live in Georgia and this is a correct statement.  Well except I think it's "fantasizes".  Otherwise statement stands.

Hawg Life

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 28, 2017, 07:07:09 pm
I live in Georgia and this is a correct statement.  Well except I think it's "fantasizes".  Otherwise statement stands.

You may be right, but that was autocorrect.

LZH

*sigh*

I wish we cared about winning.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: go hogues on October 28, 2017, 06:42:42 pm

Sickening.

Mason and Stoops are worse, Mullen had slippage his fifth and 8th year, prob not fair to compare Odom yet but he's worse, who knows if Ole Miss would have still had this downturn if HF was there, you already mentioned Butch.  Thats like half the conference give or take.

hogsmash12

Quote from: JONAS on October 28, 2017, 06:34:00 pm
Florida may go after Dan Mullen.

I think they'll get Chip Kelly and be off and running.  He's sitting right there in the ESPN booth just licking his chops to get back into coaching next year.