Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Bball Offer 2014 JUCO PG Jabril Durham

Started by -Blu, March 09, 2014, 10:03:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

With Dickerson off the map, the PG search continues.  Looks like the staff is going all out to get a JUCO PG.  We are on this guy as well as Dequon Miller.  I believe only Durham has an offer right now though.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jabril-Durham-49700

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/players/jabrildurhamwlgg

http://seoj02a.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/tx/desoto/desoto-high-school1/jabril-durham

The_Iceman

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

JackJohnson

The real Hogules

So, it appears that we had better pray that Beard arrives ready to get after it!

It looks as if Dickerson didn't want to share time with another PG.
That's a common occurance with Juco's, because they usually only have 2 years to play.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

-Blu

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 09, 2014, 12:31:23 pm
So, it appears that we had better pray that Beard arrives ready to get after it!

It looks as if Dickerson didn't want to share time with another PG.
That's a common occurance with Juco's, because they usually only have 2 years to play.

Dickerson actually had 3 years, which is what made him a little more valuable.  But, after watching a game of Durham play, I feel more comfortable if he was a guy we added.  I don't think he would be a starter, but he'd be a very nice backup at the PG that can hit shots and get others involved.  And reading his Bio and listening to his goals sounds like a real good kid that would fit in well here.

Pig in the Pokey

RD said 'I have confirmed, there is no offer'.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Razorod

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 10, 2014, 10:35:27 am

Jabril Durham or Dequon Miller or both?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The real Hogules

I'll support whomever CMA extends an offer to, but unless a PG has a breakout SR season I'd prefer to hold that scholarship for next year.

The absolute last thing we need is another reach that ends up being nothing but practice fodder for our actual D-1 athletes.

PS. I'm not knocking any of the options that our coaching staff is looking at, just expressing my feelings on rolling the dice......................, again.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on March 09, 2014, 10:03:05 am
I believe only Durham has an offer right now though.

Says who, where, and when?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 10, 2014, 10:35:27 am

On Durham?  Durham is quoted as saying he has an Arkansas offer in an article that's only a 2 days old.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Seminole-College-PG-Jabril-Durham-plays-way-onto-Arkansas-radar-181453

Gotta pay to read it.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 10, 2014, 04:49:47 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Jabril-Durham-49700

Figures that a 2nd rate recruiting website with no accountability would be the source of the supposed "only" offer.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

The_Iceman

Doesnt sound like Miller is really an option.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2014, 04:52:57 pm
Figures that a 2nd rate recruiting website with no accountability would be the source of the supposed "only" offer.

If a kid tells you he has an offer you usually go with that.

Razorod

Thanks RD. Do you think Hogs eventually offer one or the other?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

RazorAg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 10, 2014, 10:18:20 pm
If a kid tells you he has an offer you usually go with that.

Especially if a staff member is there at the same time the kid tells you that...

Ray Piggers

I like his personal statement

"My name is Jabril Durham and I am looking for an institution with high academic standards I plan to major in Biology with aspiration of being surgeon or nurse. While I am very blessed to athletically inclined, getting my degree is my first priority. Financial assistance is going to be very important to me in the college selection process. I am very open to schools that are outside by home state, but to a school with less out of pocket expense. I'm a true leader on the court as well as in the classroom. My grades are my first priority, then my team's success, then individual success. I want to be a part of a winning institution both, academically and athletically. I have traveled and stayed overnight in more than 25 states, I've attended schools with students of very diverse backgrounds. Adapting to change is strength as I view change as an opportunity and not a threat."
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

ricepig

klp1

Brad Winton ‏@JucoRecruiting 5m

ICYMI: Jabril Durham (6-1/G/2014) of Seminole State (OK) committed to Arkansas today.

UltimateHog

Lets all laugh at the people who said he didn't have an offer
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

The_Iceman

Still  dont think he has an offer?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 14, 2014, 06:16:28 am
Still  dont think he has an offer?

Never said he didn't have an offer. You don't read so good. Doesn't surprise me though. Blind leading the blind. More of the same.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

PorkSoda

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on March 11, 2014, 10:12:49 pm
I like his personal statement

"My name is Jabril Durham and I am looking for an institution with high academic standards I plan to major in Biology with aspiration of being surgeon or nurse. While I am very blessed to athletically inclined, getting my degree is my first priority. Financial assistance is going to be very important to me in the college selection process. I am very open to schools that are outside by home state, but to a school with less out of pocket expense. I'm a true leader on the court as well as in the classroom. My grades are my first priority, then my team's success, then individual success. I want to be a part of a winning institution both, academically and athletically. I have traveled and stayed overnight in more than 25 states, I've attended schools with students of very diverse backgrounds. Adapting to change is strength as I view change as an opportunity and not a threat."
He needs to learn to proofread if he wants to excel academically.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.