Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boyd Commits

Started by ricepig, January 22, 2018, 04:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

https://twitter.com/boyd_rakeem/status/955572650499301376tweet

Done deal‼️‼️ https://t.co/DdKKIs9Xga

It's in other threads, but wanted him to have his own. WPS!

hawginbigd1

Guess those other visits weren't that important?

imtad16

These guys not wanting to be squeezed out in our scholarship pinch so they are pulling the trigger now. Smart men.

Let's go Foucha, Wilson, and Brule don't miss the train to special town. Doors open fall 2018.

Tarheelhawg

I feel the need to say WPS!  I am v. hopeful about this new staff and next year.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Hogindasticks

Big Time Staff......Gonna be telling Bama to come get ya some very soon!

opineonswine

Hogindasticks

I think we are just seeing the start of what could be a very very good hog team in a couple of years.

HogBreath

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 22, 2018, 06:52:33 pm
I think we are just seeing the start of what could be a very very good hog team in a couple of years.
I really think we'll be much improved in year one.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogFoo

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 22, 2018, 06:52:33 pm
Totally agree.   I think with the schedule we have next season, that we'll get at least 7-8 wins.  maybe more.  I believe we have talent on this team already and Morris will use it! 

As for talent we are recruiting.  I was talking to a buddy and I told him, if we had had a full allotment of schollies this year, we may have had a top 15 recruiting class!  no joke!     The way I see it, it's just like Morris said.  About Arkansas  and Clemson being very similar.  When he first got to Clemson, they were doing probably top 15-20 classes on a consistent basis.  never did truly get over that until they started making the playoff.  even then, they didn't crack the top 10 until they won the title.   point is,  following the way they built that team is something I think that Arkansas CAN do!  We were on the path when Petrino landed in the ditch.  we took  a bad detour, but we are headed that way again.  I predict we'll at the least be bowl eligible this year.  with what it looks like Morris is doing and can do on the recruiting trail, I predict we'll be 10wins by year 3!  Watch and see!   Morris has deep ties to texas.  All those friends he had back in his HS days will be more than helpful when it comes to sending recruits our way!  With Clemson still being highly successful, Morris is still able to draw street cred from that as well.  So, he should be able to talk to the talk until he is able to walk the walk at Arkansas!  And I think its going to happen! 

Watch and see!  its gonna be a fun ride!  better get your season tickets while ya can guys!   haha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

FrozenHam

It's happening!  Congratulations, Rakeem!  We're stronger with you!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

liljo

Thanks for joining the Razorbacks! WPS!!!!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Hopeful Hog

Ok so what kind of back is he? Shifty? Power? Speedy? What?

Hogindasticks

Al Boarland

"He is a 3-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite, and chose Arkansas over Arizona State and Colorado."

TheRazorback500

Well, well haven't we've been a busy coaching staff today! Nice get. WPS!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 22, 2018, 07:40:25 pm
"He is a 3-star recruit according to the 247Sports composite, and chose Arkansas over Arizona State and Colorado."

He was a 4* in high school, I guess the one year at aTm ruined him.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2018, 07:49:21 pm
He was a 4* in high school, I guess the one year at aTm ruined him.

JUCO players don't typically get higher than 3* from what I've seen.

HogFoo

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 22, 2018, 07:40:25 pm
Also the  #1 or #2 RB in juco ranks.  We were heavy on him coming out of HS.  Kid is a stud.  glad to have him!  Also, cant hurt that he and E.Gooden  both go to #LastchanceU   I am sure that bodes well since Gooden was talking up Arkansas to him, he tweeted about it.  This staff is killing it on the recruiting trail.  They must be drinking 5 hour energy by the gallon with all they are doing!   hahaha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Al Boarland

Quote from: HogFoo on January 22, 2018, 08:03:47 pm
Also the  #1 or #2 RB in juco ranks.  We were heavy on him coming out of HS.  Kid is a stud.  glad to have him!  Also, cant hurt that he and E.Gooden  both go to #LastchanceU   I am sure that bodes well since Gooden was talking up Arkansas to him, he tweeted about it.  This staff is killing it on the recruiting trail.  They must be drinking 5 hour energy by the gallon with all they are doing!   hahaha

I'm not sure about killing it, but they are filling the remaining slots.

ifghog

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 22, 2018, 08:06:35 pm
I would say they are killing it considering the late start. You are just trying to be negative now.

Hogindasticks

Bubba's Bruisers

Another good get.  Has 3 years of eligibility too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 22, 2018, 07:33:13 pm
Ok so what kind of back is he? Shifty? Power? Speedy? What?

????

Hogindasticks

Hopeful Hog

Hopeful Hog

January 22, 2018, 08:59:07 pm #27 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:52:23 pm by Hopeful Hog
Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 22, 2018, 08:42:42 pm
CLICK HERE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF!

https://youtu.be/9NEZCF5J1EU

Ok more of a one cut Strider and this isn't meant to be a knock but he is the most up right runner I've ever seen.

ricepig

Well, considering we are currently at 85 with returning scholarship players and commits, I'd say they are more than filling "remaining" spots. Take your "realistic" thoughts back to MMQB.

Dillon23

I love the way he runs, but he needs to add some weight if possible. He's going to get hit by some big dudes.

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 22, 2018, 09:43:51 pm
I love the way he runs, but he needs to add some weight if possible. He's going to get hit by some big dudes.
Felix Jones 2.0? The big dudes couldn't hit him.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Mr. Boyd.  Glad you are a HOG. WOOO PIG SOOOIE!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

870rzrback

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 22, 2018, 11:50:00 pm
still a 4*.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/rakeem-boyd-3594
and
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188473/rakeem-boyd
Not sure why you post 2 year old ratings and say hes "still a 4*". Hes also still committed to a&m in your links. B.J. Emmons was also the number one running back in that class and is a low 3 star at a JUCO most likely headed to eastern carolina i believe now. Not hating on Boyd just saying 2 year old ratings mean nothing.

NVRyield

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on January 22, 2018, 10:27:25 pm
Felix Jones 2.0? The big dudes couldn't hit him.

I know what your seeing, but his running style looks more like DMAC to me.  They will work on getting him lower pre snap and then running lower between the tackles.  Once he gets to the next level, I don't mind if Boyd looks like DMAC.  He turns into a sprinter pretty fast.. Maybe DMAC can show him how to throw a stiff arm.  Then again I wouldn't mind if everyone is chasing speed from behind.  Just no horse collar tackles please.  WPS!!

Little Lady Back

Another great pick-up! Coaching staff putting in the work!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Been10Hog

Eric Dickerson is what pops in my head after seeing his highlights. Not saying he's anywhere close to ED in talent. That style just looks like him to me

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 22, 2018, 07:36:40 pm

https://youtu.be/9NEZCF5J1EU

Check out the Boyd truck that hit that DB at the 3:08 mark.  Getting in his way is dangerous to your safety...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 23, 2018, 12:39:37 am
Not sure why you post 2 year old ratings and say hes "still a 4*". Hes also still committed to a&m in your links. B.J. Emmons was also the number one running back in that class and is a low 3 star at a JUCO most likely headed to eastern carolina i believe now. Not hating on Boyd just saying 2 year old ratings mean nothing.
no, JUCO ratings mean nothing. They are literally all 3 *s. but keep on trollin (or being a moron).

Y'all just LOVE to call every guy that is both a 3* and a 4* a 3*, huh? Why?
Let me help you out. ALL of our recruits are just all 3*s , that's our ceiling. dont ever look deeper than that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

870rzrback

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 23, 2018, 11:58:46 am
no, JUCO ratings mean nothing. They are literally all 3 *s. but keep on trollin (or being a moron).

Y'all just LOVE to call every guy that is both a 3* and a 4* a 3*, huh? Why?
Let me help you out. ALL of our recruits are just all 3*s , that's our ceiling. dont ever look deeper than that.
No I'm actually one that doesn't care much about stars. But literally not all jucos are 3* you should go check the juco ratings again or something. We have 2 on our team that were 4* coming out of juco just last year. So you obviously don't even know WTH you're talking about. But how many stars somebody puts beside his name on a website doesn't mean much to me. Like the Andrew Parker kid at linebacker, I think he has potential to be a great one for us regardless of him being a low 3*. All depends on him but he appears to have all the tools and athleticism. I like Boyd too. i think he is good enough to help our team and that's all that matters. Just pointing out that your links about him were pointless and 2 years old and that you're the moron that is ignoring 2 more years of data on the kid that the people that do those ratings have seen, and posting irrelevant old information.

liljo

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 23, 2018, 01:17:55 pm
No I'm actually one that doesn't care much about stars. But literally not all jucos are 3* you should go check the juco ratings again or something. We have 2 on our team that were 4* coming out of juco just last year. So you obviously don't even know WTH you're talking about. But how many stars somebody puts beside his name on a website doesn't mean much to me. Like the Andrew Parker kid at linebacker, I think he has potential to be a great one for us regardless of him being a low 3*. All depends on him but he appears to have all the tools and athleticism. I like Boyd too. i think he is good enough to help our team and that's all that matters. Just pointing out that your links about him were pointless and 2 years old and that you're the moron that is ignoring 2 more years of data on the kid that the people that do those ratings have seen, and posting irrelevant old information.

You bet'cha!
My observation of football players, especially in regards to running backs, is tools can be coached. A back with vision, balance, quickness, speed, power, agility, and desire can be coached and put in positions to be successful. I know a lot of backs that were highly successful without D-Mack speed: Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, etc. Those backs had everything I mention except pure, top-end blurry-hurry. What Sanders lacked in power, he made up for in quickness and agility. What Campbell lacked in quickness and agility, he made up for it in power.

Not too many backs have ALL those elements. But it doesn't take 'em all. And never count out a great athlete with desire. None of us have any idea what the "want to" level of this young man (Boyd) is. I suspect it's going to be pretty high, considering his path to get here.

Go Hogs.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Vantage 8 dude

Hardly just "filling the remaining slots". What an absurd comment.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 870rzrback on January 23, 2018, 01:17:55 pm
all of the top 8 juco RBs are 3*. https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege&Position=RB

870rzrback

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 23, 2018, 04:54:53 pm
all of the top 8 juco RBs are 3*. https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege&Position=RB
JUCO RBs usually aren't rated 4* because there's not usually not very many great running backs coming out of JUCO. Go back through the years and look there's not many 4* juco running backs(and even some of the ones who were probably shouldn't have been), and for good reason. Hopefully Boyd will do great here and outshine his ratings but you're a moron for getting upset over him not being a 4*. RB just isn't a position that JUCO produces many stars at. Look at the every position there are absolutely 4*s in JUCO. To say all JUCOs are rated 3* is stupid and wrong. I expect boyd to contribute and be a good player for us but your argument is stupid

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: imtad16 on January 22, 2018, 05:18:35 pm
These guys not wanting to be squeezed out in our scholarship pinch so they are pulling the trigger now. Smart men.

Let's go Foucha, Wilson, and Brule don't miss the train to special town. Doors open fall 2018.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

January 23, 2018, 05:40:53 pm #46 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:30:50 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: 870rzrback on January 23, 2018, 05:24:15 pm
JUCO RBs usually aren't rated 4* because there's not usually not very many great running backs coming out of JUCO. Go back through the years and look there's not many 4* juco running backs(and even some of the ones who were probably shouldn't have been), and for good reason. Hopefully Boyd will do great here and outshine his ratings but you're a moron for getting upset over him not being a 4*. RB just isn't a position that JUCO produces many stars at. Look at the every position there are absolutely 4*s in JUCO. To say all JUCOs are rated 3* is stupid and wrong. I expect boyd to contribute and be a good player for us but your argument is stupid
blah blah blah, when you get through, dude is a 4*. He was consensus coming out of high school and espn/rivals havent re evaluated him. their last ratings on him were 4*. I really couldnt care less what you think about it, but by all means keep calling folks names who dont agree with you.

The kid HIMSELF calls HIMSELF a 4*, so I will, too.

marshog

King Kong

East TN HAWG