Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low point of the football program

Started by davehog, October 07, 2017, 05:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davehog

This is the lowest point of the football program as there is now clearly an absence of hope.

There were worse times, but we knew there was an end to it.  JLS was just a placeholder, so getting through that season was somewhat bearable as we knew change was coming. Same deal with Joe Kines. 

Danny Ford got the program on an SEC quality trajectory and HDN took advantage of it but couldn't sustain it. 

We are stuck with a huge buyout and CBB isn't going anywhere as he's not employable elsewhere given his record here.

If Jeff Long blows it up, that sets us back a few years and costs a lot of $$$.  But if he doesn't we are stuck in the mud. 

There is no easy fix and the only solution is a multi-year effort. 

Hogginintheville

Everyone talks about the buy and I know it's big but just think about how much money we stand to lose on ticket sales and concession sales and such. That migrates some of the millions.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Beaverfever

Nobody knows anything.  Coaches generally get fired when they start embarrassing their ADs.  Who knows what the big boosters want.  It's up to them I'm sure.

Boardon Hamsay

The low point is yet to come. Bama is next week. We may never cross our 35 and A.A. could be kilt.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

atlrazorback

Bring in a "consultant" like we did with Danny Ford.  Bielema's ego won't be able to take it and he'll walk. 
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Razor1997

Quote from: davehog on October 07, 2017, 05:54:44 pm
This is the lowest point of the football program as there is now clearly an absence of hope.

There were worse times, but we knew there was an end to it.  JLS was just a placeholder, so getting through that season was somewhat bearable as we knew change was coming. Same deal with Joe Kines. 

Danny Ford got the program on an SEC quality trajectory and HDN took advantage of it but couldn't sustain it. 

We are stuck with a huge buyout and CBB isn't going anywhere as he's not employable elsewhere given his record here.

If Jeff Long blows it up, that sets us back a few years and costs a lot of $$$.  But if he doesn't we are stuck in the mud. 

There is no easy fix and the only solution is a multi-year effort.

We're going to get whipped the next two weeks, and then we'll absolutely NEED a win at Ole Miss just to have a chance at a John L Smith tier season.

davehog

Quote from: Hogginintheville on October 07, 2017, 05:59:24 pm
Everyone talks about the buy and I know it's big but just think about how much money we stand to lose on ticket sales and concession sales and such. That migrates some of the millions.

Lost ticket sales/concession revenue as a function of the $11.8M buyout is inconsequential.  The accountant view would be to not incur and $11.8M cost to keep from losing future revenue potential.

Atl_Hog

Can we start a go fund me to raise the money for this buyout?
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

Tusks

How can changing coaches set the program back worse than it already is?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgmasta

Quote from: tusked on October 07, 2017, 06:04:23 pm

This. I could understand if we were at least a little competitive and were recruiting decently; but we are neither. It's over.

tomarkansawyer

Quote from: atlrazorback on October 07, 2017, 06:03:26 pm
Bring in a "consultant" like we did with Danny Ford.  Bielema's ego won't be able to take it and he'll walk. 

I don't think I have ever seen a more hard headed and stubborn coach. Even concerning his wardrobe. This guy just does not understand what it takes, he can't get out of his own way.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: tusked on October 07, 2017, 06:04:23 pm

It can't
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Arazorbackguy1

This is what a 31 point loss, to one of the worst teams in the league, will do to you.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.