Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am an ORIGINAL DARKSIDER, HERE IS WHAT WE DO:

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, September 26, 2017, 09:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

BB> HN

It is NOT the same situation.

Support these kids.  BB will NOT be vindictive like Dale.  The transition will be smooth.  There is a slight possibility a player or 2 can turn this around.  REGARDLESS, support the TEAM.

This is a no-brainer.

Carry on. May the force be with us all.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

IronMountainHog

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

jgphillips3

ShadowHawg

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 26, 2017, 09:39:29 pm
42-38>10-23

They actually had a head to head matchup with both coaching their best teams.

Who won? I'll hang up and listen.

hawgon

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 26, 2017, 10:06:45 pm
They actually had a head to head matchup with both coaching their best teams.

Who won? I'll hang up and listen.

Which team had its best player at about 75% with a hamstring?  I'll hang up and listen.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

grayhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 26, 2017, 10:05:52 pm
Your lack of faith disturbs me...
I want him gone yesterday, but we can cry, threaten or spread rumors and it won't work. Hate it but dj is right, let it play out there is a scenario that might get him fired so like the man says let it play out

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2017, 09:32:27 pm
BB> HN

Support these kids.  BB will NOT be vindictive like Dale.  The transition will be smooth.  There is a slight possibility a player or 2 can turn this around.  REGARDLESS, support the TEAM.

This is a no-brainer.

The players were supported in 2006 and 2007. Whole heartedly. To suggest that because Nutt was a scumbag and Bret isnt, that this is different..and this time we need to support the players....they were supported last time.

The problem this time is the AD. Hide and watch.

PRJ

hehawg

BB> HN

This is a no-brainer.

Nobody cares if you are a "darksider"......
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

longpig

Gotta crack some eggs to make an omelette.  It's better in the long run for the players, fans, spirit of Frank Broyles if this season goes horribly.  The roster is loaded with talent that lots of coaches (not named Bielema) could instantly win 9 games with.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Quote from: hehawg on September 26, 2017, 10:16:55 pm
Nobody cares if you are a "darksider"......

listen carefully - I've been there done that - you SHOULD CARE

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

WilsonHog

To this point, Bielema is a good football coach, a good man, who made a poor career move. He wasn't the first to do that, and he won't be the last. Happens across all professions.

As long as he is our football coach, I hope he does well. I would like nothing better than for us to correct the issues that have us at 1-2 and have a good season. Even if we don't, nothing will or even should happen before Thanksgiving weekend. When Bret (as all coaches do) decides to leave on his own or is terminated, I will wish him well and look forward to the coaching search.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: farmhawg on September 26, 2017, 10:30:44 pm
Smh.
Sad.

There are a whole bunch of them that are "all in" with this regime. 

Handle this situation tenderly...

PRJ

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 26, 2017, 10:32:48 pm
To this point, Bielema is a good football coach, a good man, who made a poor career move. He wasn't the first to do that, and he won't be the last. Happens across all professions.

As long as he is our football coach, I hope he does well. I would like nothing better than for us to correct the issues that have us at 1-2 and have a good season. Even if we don't, nothing will or even should happen before Thanksgiving weekend. When Bret (as all coaches do) decides to leave on his own or is terminated, I will wish him well and look forward to the coaching search.

YES.  No need to be ways be dysfunctional bc of  Dale.  GO HOGS

farmhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 10:33:40 pm

PRJ
Just funny they sell out the program because they like how someone speaks. So much for judging based on their results. Guess it's the everyone gets atrophy crowd that has screwed everything up. Oh well.
From theflyinghog

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: farmhawg on September 26, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
Just funny they sell out the program because they like how someone speaks. So much for judging based on their results. Guess it's the everyone gets atrophy crowd that has screwed everything up. Oh well.

Yes indeed. They can't admit he is in overy his head. His old boss yesterday admitted in a round about way that he was in over his head. A good coach would spot, after 5 years, what he can do and can't do with a team...same ole, same Ole of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It ain't gonna work. It is never gonna work.

PRJ

Hogs run wild

when dale nutt was here, we believed the lie. we didn't know it until it had been 10 years that we had been bamboozled. we have to be smarter than that.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: farmhawg on September 26, 2017, 10:37:33 pm

And it has been apparent for 5 years they are Bielema supporters to the very end.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogs run wild on September 26, 2017, 10:42:10 pm
when dale nutt was here, we believed the lie. we didn't know it until it had been 10 years that we had been bamboozled. we have to be smarter than that.

Naw...it was way before 10 years for some of us with Hooten. But alot here have taken Bret's bait hook, line and sinker...and they hit hard...

PRJ

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 10:41:44 pm
Yes indeed. They can't admit he is in overy his head. His old boss yesterday admitted in a round about way that he was in over his head. A good coach would spot, after 5 years, what he can do and can't do with a team...same ole, same Ole of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It ain't gonna work. It is never gonna work.

PRJ

PRJ let me tell it how it is..

I appreciated u interviewing Nutt on the field..thank u

but beyond that...

You've brought NOTHNING to the table NADA home-goatinging-wearing brotha NOTHING to the table:

BB is a GOOD coach.  He has not produced here so he must go.  He is NOT a vindictive soul, he will go with much future  no need for Darksider schtick so LET IT GO

Wildhog

Man, y'all could throw the ball clear over them mountains in 2007.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2017, 10:49:17 pm
PRJ let me tell it how it is..

I appreciated u interviewing Nutt on the field..thank u

but beyond that...

You've brought NOTHNING to the table NADA home-goatinging-wearing brotha NOTHING to the table:

BB is a GOOD coach.  He has not produced here so he must go.  He is NOT a vindictive soul, he will go with much future  no need for Darksider schtick so LET IT GO

LMAO....What exactly do or have you brought? Jacksquat...jacksquat.

You can run that good coach all day long. He was propped up by Barry at Whisky and there isn't anybody here to prop him up.

I tell ya what...point to me where, in 5 years this guy has shown a knack to adust to a game? Show me one. Show me where this guy, gameplans, outschemes, outworks, out adjusts and flat outcoaches another coach? You can't because it ain't happened...and isn't going to happen.

You run in here, just like you used too...wave your wand around and expect the crowd to quiet...there is not a single soul on here that has even mentioned going Nutty on Bret. Not one. There has not been an outpouring of outright hatred and disdain for Bret like there was Houston. NOT.A.BIT...and here is the best part....THERE.ISNT.GOING.TO.BE any movement toward that.

But you gotta create the illusion don't you?

Bravo Swaggart.

PRJ

hogblitz

I would disagree strongly that he was ever a GOOD Coach!  Is it NOT apparent by now that he was nothing more than a figure head? Geez.    Alvarez runs that team PERIOD.  Always has. 

Jimbob111

BB> HN

This is a no-brainer.

But BB IS vindictive. You can't tell me he doesn't pick favorites. Froholdt is a prime example. Beliema WANTS him to play regardless of competition at his position or Froholdt's ability at the position.

BB most certainly plays favorites, which is being vindictive to players that he doesn't like as much. You can't tell me that Clary is better at that position than a player who started multiple games last season. There is reason the offensive line is a wreck. Coaches talk about chemistry. You can't have chemistry when the entire line knows that you're only playing because you're teacher's pet.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

longpig

Quote from: hogblitz on September 26, 2017, 11:05:51 pm
I would disagree strongly that he was ever a GOOD Coach!  Is it NOT apparent by now that he was nothing more than a figure head? Geez.    Alvarez runs that team PERIOD.  Always has.

No kiddn.  While at Arkansas he's had as  many or more embarrassing losses as he's had impressive wins, thrown multiple assistant coaches and players under the bus, flopped on national tv, suckered millions of fans into staying on.............

gchamblee

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 26, 2017, 10:32:48 pm

Wildhog

Quote from: hogblitz on September 26, 2017, 11:05:51 pm

I don't care who built the program; you don't win as many games as Bielema did at UW without being a good coach.  At Arkansas, however, you have to be better than "good."  Arkansas is a tough job.  It can be done here, but we have to get the right coach.  Bielema just didn't work out.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:11:04 pm
I don't care who built the program; you don't win as many games as Bielema did at UW without being a good coach.  At Arkansas, however, you have to be better than "good."  Arkansas is a tough job.  It can be done here, but we have to get the right coach.  Bielema just didn't work out.

Agree

Michael_E_Davis

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

hogblitz

I suspect people would be surprised on how much Alvarez was/is involved in day to day operations of that team.  I think in many ways he has stayed the head coach. 

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

longpig

Every program in the SECW is a tough place to win 10 or more a year, even Bama.  It's not just tough for Arkansas.  No excuse for not consistently winning 3 or 4 renters and 4 to 6 conference games most all seasons.  Apparently the stories are true about Alvarez making it work at Wisconsin for him. 

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Wildhog

Quote from: longpig on September 26, 2017, 11:23:35 pm

Every program in the SECW is a tough place to win 10 or more a year, even Bama.  It's not just tough for Arkansas.  No excuse for not consistently winning 3 or 4 renters and 4 to 6 conference games most all seasons.  Apparently the stories are true about Alvarez making it work at Wisconsin for him. 

He was a LB coach for Hayden Fry and Co-DC for Bill Snyder before working for Alvarez.  You don't get to where he is without being a "good" coach.

We need at *least* a "great" coach.
1909/1964/1965/1977

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:30:13 pm
He was a LB coach for Hayden Fry and Co-DC for Bill Snyder before working for Alvarez.  You don't get to where he is without being a "good" coach.

Being a good coach doesn't translate into being a "good" head coach. He is in over his head here. And that is just the way it is. Heck, I thought at one time Gus was a great coach. He was...as an OC. As a head coach...? Not worth a piss.

PRJ

hogblitz

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:30:13 pm

I would agree he was probably a good coordinator.  Those do not always make good head coaches. 

Wildhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 11:34:03 pm
Being a good coach doesn't translate into being a "good" head coach. He is in over his head here. And that is just the way it is. Heck, I thought at one time Gus was a great coach. He was...as an OC. As a head coach...? Not worth a piss.

PRJ

Jesus Christ, Jimmy, I've been saying that for years now. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 10:33:40 pm

PRJ
You want BB fired? I say we fire you...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2017, 11:37:11 pm
You want BB fired? I say we fire you...

Oh My...I have angered the head of the pom pom squad...what will I ever do. You get to preform that routine you and the boys worked up last week at Jerry place?

I tell you what McKinney...I will let you convince me that the guy should stay. Point out to me where he actually shows he is the right coach for this program. Tell me where his schemes are good. Where player development excells. Tell me of the great moves he has made during the game.

Instead of running on here bumping your gums...for once, convince me he is the dude. Tell me of his virtue. I bet you cant.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:36:49 pm
Jesus Christ, Jimmy, I've been saying that for years now. 

Lol...well, you were right....

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 11:44:50 pm

Oh My...I have angered the head of the pom pom squad...what will I ever do. You get to preform that routine you and the boys worked up last week at Jerry place?

I tell you what McKinney...I will let you convince me that the guy should stay. Point out to me where he actually shows he is the right coach for this program. Tell me where his schemes are good. Where player development excells. Tell me of the great moves he has made during the game.

Instead of running on here bumping your gums...for once, convince me he is the dude. Tell me of his virtue. I bet you cant.

PRJ
He's staying at a minimum to the end of the year no matter how much you bitch. Adults will decide AFTER this season if its financially the correct move to replace him at that point. Calling for him to be fired now is unrealistic and does nothing but hurt the program. All I'm asking is to wait till the end of the season and then start the process. Nothing good will come of calling for his head now. Also, please keep in mind that we lost our #1 RB Williams and now our #1 receiver to injuries. That's a big deal rather you won't to admit it or not.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2017, 11:53:25 pm
He's staying at a minimum to the end of the year no matter how much you bitch. Adults will decide AFTER this season if its financially the correct move to replace him at that point. Calling for him to be fired now is unrealistic and does nothing but hurt the program. I'll I'm asking is to wait till the end of the season and then start the process. Nothing good will come of calling for his head now.

So you cant? I feared as much.

He isn't getting fired before the end of the season, if it happens at all. You have to quit getting worked up everytime someone goes negative on him. This is a message board..for.fans...of Arkansas..there are going to be differing opinions...and some, after every loss mounts, are gonna call for him to be fired. Sad reality but it is gonna happen.

I know you are a Bret fan and this while deal is sobering for you and very hard to swallow...hell, maybe even breathe...but I am pulling for you McKinney. I really am.

Seriously...I know your heart is in the right place.

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:00:45 am
So you cant? I feared as much.

He isn't getting fired before the end of the season, if it happens at all. You have to quit getting worked up everytime someone goes negative on him. This is a message board..for.fans...of Arkansas..there are going to be differing opinions...and some, after every loss mounts, are gonna call for him to be fired. Sad reality but it is gonna happen.

I know you are a Bret fan and this while deal is sobering for you and very hard to swallow...hell, maybe even breathe...but I am pulling for you McKinney. I really am.

Seriously...I know your heart is in the right place.

PRJ
I'm not a Bret fan nor was I a BP fan and heavens knows I wasn't a Nutt fan. I'm a Razorback fan and will be regardless of who the coach is. I rooted for BP when he was hired and all the media was dogging him. Do you know why? Because he took the job and was the leader of the team I love. If BB was fired tomorrow I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep. I'm also a realist and know now isn't the time for the team to have the fans turn on the team or the coaches. Sometimes you find light in the darkest hours. It's bad but the the hogs have done the most to make me proud in those situations, that's what I take pride in about calling myself a hog fan. This will all play out at the end of the season but for now and until they quit playing, they have my full support. Go hogs!