Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow, Did you hear Powell's statement?

Started by Potosihog, January 15, 2011, 06:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

Sounded like Terrell Pryor.

Maybe he should focus on being the player he was last year instead of running his mouth about how great he is going to be.

Smithian

WildHawg

Ok...I'll bite.  What was it Powell said??

chiefsfan

Quote from: WildHawg on January 15, 2011, 06:30:07 pm
Ok...I'll bite.  What was it Powell said??

Essentially said once his foot was 100 percent healthy he would start dominating.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Potosihog

said "One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people."

Smithian

Quote from: TuckFexas on January 15, 2011, 06:34:55 pm
You just hate to hear confidence!
Seriously.

He's one of the most excitable, upbeat guys on the team. He was huge in the second half. You're not a Hog fan if you don't love guys like Marshawn Powell.

Smithian

Quote from: Potosihog on January 15, 2011, 06:36:19 pm
said "One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people."
It's true though......

Foshodo

if his facebook is correct... it's the dudes birthday today and he helped his team come back from a 10 point drumming to get tied back up for 1st in the west again...

let him be a lil bit full of himself for a bit.

Smithian

This is the same guy who was sick the LSU game and still lead our second half comeback when he threw up one or two times behind the bench. Had we won that game, that would have been a memorable second half for a Razorback basketball player. Have to be proud of a guy like that.

Hawgphish

He's been scary for Hog fans all year.  A hurt foot does not keep you from bench press and eating right.

Potosihog

Okay.  First, he is one of my favorite players.  He had a good game today.  But seriously?  If this was any other star player on any other team we would be ripping them apart.  Don't give him a pass either. 

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

fred ziffel

Who remembers Robert "cookieman" Birden"? Threw up his guts one evening then went on a tear....

Quote from: Smithian on January 15, 2011, 06:40:43 pm
This is the same guy who was sick the LSU game and still lead our second half comeback when he threw up one or two times behind the bench. Had we won that game, that would have been a memorable second half for a Razorback basketball player. Have to be proud of a guy like that.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

fred ziffel

Ron Brewer, Sr. did it one evening also......
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

elksnort

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 15, 2011, 06:44:57 pm
Too bad Pel hates him.
pelphrey likes slow white guys who can't jump and are over achievers.

nextlevel

Quote from: fred ziffel on January 15, 2011, 06:59:35 pm
Ron Brewer, Sr. did it one evening also......

Willie Beamen did it every game...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: Smithian on January 15, 2011, 06:40:43 pm

I agree but the thing that makes me nervous is he made a statement similar to that last year and right after that the team folded like a cheap pretzel and lost the rest of their games. I sure hope that doesn't happen again.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hog Fan...DOH!

I'm sick and tired of fans whining about EVERYTHING.  I'm glad somebody on that team has some confidence.  Gimme some freaking athletes with a mean streak.   

Smithian

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 15, 2011, 07:05:09 pm
I'm sick and tired of fans whining about EVERYTHING.  I'm glad somebody on that team has some confidence.  Gimme some freaking athletes with a mean streak.   

Give me 12 Marshawn Powells and we're going to win a whole lot of games.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 15, 2011, 07:04:20 pm
I agree but the thing that makes me nervous is he made a statement similar to that last year and right after that the team folded like a cheap pretzel and lost the rest of their games. I sure hope that doesn't happen again.

Uh, he said it right before the SEC tourney.  We lost one game. 

stronguard

Good for Marshawn.  He knows he'll have to dominate to make up for the disadvantages we have in the coaching department with Opie.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 15, 2011, 07:06:01 pm
Uh, he said it right before the SEC tourney.  We lost one game. 

I knew he said it, I just got when he said it wrong. Let's hope the outcome is different this season. Thanks for the correction, my apologies.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Boarford T. Justice

Quote from: stronguard on January 15, 2011, 07:06:58 pm
Good for Marshawn.  He knows he'll have to dominate to make up for the disadvantages we have in the coaching department with Opie.

You don't want Pel or Mike.  Ok who is your man?   
#FreeMarquel

PonderinHog

Here's to his health!  Getcha game on big guy!  The team needs you!

fred ziffel

He already looks a little scary......

Quote from: Potosihog on January 15, 2011, 06:36:19 pm

fred ziffel

thirtythree

I couldn't hear the first question in the post game, but his answer was very clear.

He talked about how he never played in front of crowds the size that BWA have. He talked about how the great it was playing in front of the crowd today. Said that the fans really give him that extra boost when he is feeling tired.

Now, if you're looking for a reason to go to these games and give a great crowd, there ya go right there.

Blue35

stronguard

Quote from: Boarford T. Justice on January 15, 2011, 07:17:06 pm
You don't want Pel or Mike.  Ok who is your man?   

Jamie Dixon or Ben Howland.  Both know Long.  Both are excellent coaches.  Pitt, though currently better than the UA, is in reality a step below us.  UCLA fans are impatient and do not like Howland's defensive style.  I really think, with a little help from our big boy donors, we could have either of these 2.  JMO
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

The Boar War

Quote from: Potosihog on January 15, 2011, 06:20:49 pm

Maybe he should focus on being the player he was last year instead of running his mouth about how great he is going to be.

Completely different.

Pryor's comments put the blame on other people (his coach, the system, etc).  Powell inferred that when he gets it all together he's going to be a force to reckon with.  Powell put the emphasis on himself getting it right.

rude1

Quote from: thirtythree on January 15, 2011, 07:28:13 pm
I couldn't hear the first question in the post game, but his answer was very clear.

He talked about how he never played in front of crowds the size that BWA have. He talked about how the great it was playing in front of the crowd today. Said that the fans really give him that extra boost when he is feeling tired.

Now, if you're looking for a reason to go to these games and give a great crowd, there ya go right there.
I hope he stops by and thanks the football team for that great crowd he had today.

greasy_corner

Quote from: Potosihog on January 15, 2011, 06:20:49 pm

he's running his mouth about getting healthy and returning to the player he was last year.  don't compare him/this to TP.

Smithian

Quote from: rude1 on January 15, 2011, 08:00:52 pm
I hope he stops by and thanks the football team for that great crowd he had today.
I could swear we had a pretty darn good crowd last week without the football team being there...

kaiserhog

January 15, 2011, 10:08:03 pm #34 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:17:36 pm by kaiserhog
Quote from: fred ziffel on January 15, 2011, 06:58:05 pm
Who remembers Robert "cookieman" Birden"? Threw up his guts one evening then went on a tear....
I remember Robert Birden.  He had a great game the night the hogs  routed the Houston Cougars 92-47, the triplets were brand new and that win began to put Arkansas on the college basketball map.  Houston's first ever SWC game.  Houston had been something of a power.  I was there in old Barnhill Fieldhouse before the renovation.

rude1

Quote from: Smithian on January 15, 2011, 09:49:33 pm
I could swear we had a pretty darn good crowd last week without the football team being there...
Last week we hadn't been beaten by a crappy LSU team without it's leading scorer, if you hadn't noticed.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 15, 2011, 06:44:57 pm
Too bad Pel hates him.

he should just make some harsh Twitter comments, I hear that's a good way to get back in Pel's good graces.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

baconsizzle

+1 Fred ziffel, the caption is rofl funny

brenthog

I love MP's Offensive abilities. I think if you wanted to knock his game you would do so with his effort on Defense. Many times it appears to me it's lacking. He looks uninterested on the Defensive end of the floor...

You think maybe that's why he's drawn Pel's ire???

Mick Hogger

Quote from: rude1 on January 15, 2011, 10:09:10 pm
Last week we hadn't been beaten by a crappy LSU team without it's leading scorer, if you hadn't noticed.

No, we had just been thumped by 33 by Texas. Your point?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Razorback#1fan4life

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 15, 2011, 06:32:53 pm
Essentially said once his foot was 100 percent healthy he would start dominating.

He is right...besides dont you want your players to have confidence in themselves?  All the great basketball players have that attitude, and they let people know just that.
Cedric Cobb, Matt Jones, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis, Marcus Monk, Dennis Johnson, Jake Bequette, Ryan Mallett, Knile Davis, Greg Childs, Joe Adams, Tyler Wilson, Jarius Wright.......

Breems

Powell can be confident all he wants.  He's our best player and showed it today when he propelled us into a comeback victory.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Foshodo

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 15, 2011, 06:41:23 pm
He's been scary for Hog fans all year.  A hurt foot does not keep you from bench press and eating right.

dude... i get tired of hearing this... he had the baby fat last season too, then we got the tighter fitting jerseys.

hillhog

Quote from: elksnort on January 15, 2011, 07:01:19 pm
pelphrey likes slow white guys who can't jump and are over achievers.
I don't care what color they are but I kind of like over achievers. Usually means they work harder than the more gifted, bigger, stronger, faster, did I leave anything out? I always wonder what some of those could achieve with a better work ethic.

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

Kevin

i hope his game can cash the checks his mouth is writing
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22