Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiehl Frazier

Started by Trm123, December 22, 2013, 04:27:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacons Rebellion

December 22, 2013, 11:18:33 am #100 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:36:26 am by Bacons Rebellion
Quote from: Wooderson on December 22, 2013, 07:19:05 am
He also could be wanting to come to funnel info back to Auburn. Wouldn't put that past ole Gus at all.

I heard he wants to gather information on centifuge efficiency and send it to the Iranians.

Steef

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 22, 2013, 11:16:48 am
How many were against Broderick Green leaving USC to come home to Arkansas?

That's a fair point. There ARE a few differences, though.

1. Brod didn't sign with an annual rival of ours.
2. He had 3 years left to play, which he did do. (Kiehl would have 2 years to play 1)
3. Brod was established at his position. Kiehl is not.

That said, if Kiehl wants to walk on (no schollie used) and Bret wants him....go for it.

This really isn't a Michael Dyer situation.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Trm123 on December 22, 2013, 04:27:59 am
I have heard from a source close to the program that Frazier wants to transfer to Arkansas to play WR as a walk on.

What does your source think about it, and how is his shoulder doing?
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

immahog

Quote from: Wooderson on December 22, 2013, 07:19:05 am
He also could be wanting to come to funnel info back to Auburn. Wouldn't put that past ole Gus at all.

For what?? Like they need that to beat us right now ....I mean you really think that's the motive
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: steefhog on December 22, 2013, 11:20:45 am
That said, if Kiehl wants to walk on (no schollie used) and Bret wants him....go for it.

This really isn't a Michael Dyer situation.

Absolutely. I don't think there's any way we should use one of 25 scholarhips for a one year player unless it's a Scam situation. We're building, not looking for one year of depth. But if wants to walk on, there's no reason to say he can't.

ricepig

Let him enroll in Jan. and go to the campus wide tryout the Bielema and other coached have had for the students. If they think he is worthy of a walk-on spot, they'll tell him, if not, he will get the opportunity to graduate from the UofA and reap it's benefits.

Wooderson

Yes, I am not sold on Auburn.  Yes, there is so much at stake that coaches will go to depths that most can't understand.  If I remember correctly, we script some of our plays.  Gaining a walk on wr is not worth the risk that info can get back to Auburn for game one.

The comparison to Broderick Green does not fit because we did not play USC the next year and we actually could use him.  We have no need for Frazier.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Trm123

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on December 22, 2013, 11:29:29 am
What does your source think about it, and how is his shoulder doing?

It's getting better

PORKULATOR

Quote from: TDHawgs on December 22, 2013, 09:05:04 am
I really can't be mad at Kiehl Frazier, he's helped us win a couple against Auburn!! lol

Seriously though, as long as he's not a QB I say take a chance.
^this^
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

SquidBilly

No, he can transfer back and pay his way to attend the U of A but playing for the Hogs should not be an option.

yraciv

Ya'll stay classy! I don't see why this would even be a question. Kiehl Frazier is a great young man, who had big time talent, and to my knowledge has not ever said a bad word about Arkansas. Yet some of you are sore he picked a team coming off a national championship, that just had a heisman QB, and ran a very similar offense to what he ran in high school.  There he got the chance to play immediately, and here he would have been buried on the depth chart having to compete with Brandon Allen for his shot down the road.  Seems like he made the logical decision to me, and it just didn't pan out.

Kiehl Frazier is not Michael Dyer. We're hardly Auburn's rival, so not sure how some of you hate all things Auburn. Since there is no scholarship being mentioned, we're not limiting our possibilities by taking him on. Frazier is a guy who has always respected the Hogs, rooted for them in the past, and might just be homesick. Shame on ya'll for telling him your dead to me and call it a career.