Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We never cover the outlet man when pressing!!!

Started by Arazorbackguy1, December 13, 2014, 01:16:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dr. Starcs

There are several variations to a full court press. Many of them don't require guarding of the inbounder.

However, letting said inbounder step in and receive the ball and basically one-man press break is not designed.

Arazorbackguy1

Agreed. I'm also assessing what we are doing differently at home vs on the road. So far, I see we just play with more control on the offensive end. Also, the other team tries to play a little frantic at the bud and we control them with our D. Meanwhile on the road, the home team plays under control and we try to play d 10x faster than usual.  These things can be fixed, but it takes practice and knowing who and what causes it.

It's not scientific, it's just my observe opinion.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HogsBalls

Smithian

Pressing is about taking risks.

I don't try to understand the schemes, but I know enough sometimes you'll give up the easy play.

Risk/Reward and all that jazz

Danny J

I still think Qualls and Williams are perfect for the 3rd man in the press around half court.

nextlevel

Quote from: Smithian on December 13, 2014, 03:55:07 pm
Pressing is about taking risks.

Not always.

A press can be used solely to control the tempo of the game.

There are teams who press in an effort to slow down the game by giving less time on the offensive side of halfcourt for the team, there are teams who use it to speed their opponent up by getting them to their side of the court in an amount of time quicker than normal, which usually leads to these teams taking quicker shots than normal, or it can be used to try to create turnovers.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell