Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball Special About to Come On

Started by Sue E NoNutts, December 12, 2014, 06:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue E NoNutts

Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Thepigdoctor

rusvegashog

Coach said he was happy w where the team was right now, that he really liked this team. I wondered if it was filmed before these last two losses? Serious question. Can't wait to get back to our winning ways tomorrow.

Thepigdoctor

Ahh, typical coach-speak. That's like a football coach talking to the media after a bad loss and saying, "we had a great week of practices."

What else can he say? Those bits usually end up being fluff pieces, because there are very few coaches who will stick their neck out and call out their team, especially if you feel like your seat is getting warmer. Coaches tend to be self-preservationists, fearing that kind of talk will have the fans questioning the job they are doing.

I would have liked to hear him say, he and the staff haven't done enough to create a sense of urgency with the team, that they are playing soft, and that they have identified a way to get the team to overachieve.

I can think of very few coaches who'll do that. Living in the Louisville area, the Calipari radio show is broadcast weekly. I would usually tune in while sitting in traffic after work, because listening to UK fans call in is pure gold. You'd think they were getting a chance to talk to Jesus. Then again, in Kentucky, the difference is sometimes negligible. Anyways, he is one of the few coaches I've heard who on a routine basis will call himself and his team out when they aren't up to par.

rusvegashog

Cal has the luxury, with so much talent coming and going to be able to call his team out. I would have liked to hear that as well but I'm in the faction who believes we have the right coach and feel that the stability of knowing this is the guy and that he's gonna be the guy going forward is so important to the success of the Razorback basketball program.

Thepigdoctor

You're right on about Cal. I'm with you, I wanted Mike to take over after Nolan and was ecstatic when we was hired. I'm definitely pulling for him

HF#1

Everytime Channel 7 makes one of those specials, our season goes in the tank.  Pretty sure they did one every year Pelphrey was here.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PonderinHog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 13, 2014, 11:03:13 am
Everytime Channel 7 makes one of those specials, our season goes in the tank.  Pretty sure they did one every year Pelphrey was here.
KATV hates us ???

lefty08

Quote from: HF#1 on December 13, 2014, 11:03:13 am
Pretty sure they do one every year, at least since the 80s
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

gmarv

I though steve Sullivan said that the part with coach Anderson was recorded before the iowa state game.

rusvegashog