Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amazing Observation

Started by Like it is, December 09, 2014, 07:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Like it is

I'm watching College Hoops on tv and every game I flip to I see quality / solid point guards! That's what makes or breaks a team! The ones that can distribute the ball / defend & score at times..., those are the ones we see on tv in March chasing the dream ! The teams that don't one just say what "could have " or " should have" and hope for next year

Hog1751

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Like it is on December 09, 2014, 07:29:48 pm
I'm watching College Hoops on tv and every game I flip to I see quality / solid point guards! That's what makes or breaks a team! The ones that can distribute the ball / defend & score at times..., those are the ones we see on tv in March chasing the dream ! The teams that don't one just say what "could have " or " should have" and hope for next year

Wally, is that you? Shouldn't you be at Corkys about now sitting in your booster chair?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

mizzouman

I thought Anton Beard was the solution for this.  He needs more PT.

bigred223

Quote from: mizzouman on December 10, 2014, 08:01:54 am

He does need more PT. Coach Anderson needs to put our 2 guard (Madden) at 2 guard.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: mizzouman on December 10, 2014, 08:01:54 am

Quote from: bigred223 on December 10, 2014, 09:42:29 am
He does need more PT. Coach Anderson needs to put our 2 guard (Madden) at 2 guard.

I don't see Anton as a PG.  I know some of the better talent evaluators kept saying when he was being recruited that they saw him more as a SG than a PG, even considering his size.

Right now IMO he doesn't have nearly the ball handling abilities to run the point, which is probably why Mike hasn't played him there.

Why don't you guys see the PG potential in Babb?  IMO he looks much more natural there, shows a composed, under control nature, and has shown the ability to penetrate and shoot.

I'd like to see more of Babb at the point instead of Beard.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

-Blu

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 10, 2014, 10:19:13 am
I don't see Anton as a PG.  I know some of the better talent evaluators kept saying when he was being recruited that they saw him more as a SG than a PG, even considering his size.

Right now IMO he doesn't have nearly the ball handling abilities to run the point, which is probably why Mike hasn't played him there.

Why don't you guys see the PG potential in Babb?  IMO he looks much more natural there, shows a composed, under control nature, and has shown the ability to penetrate and shoot.

I'd like to see more of Babb at the point instead of Beard.

Nice post, agree 100%.

Kevin

i am not ready to throw madden away completely at point. don't want him to play 38 minutes there.

just get him to understand he runs the team, get the ball where we need it.

plus, there are times he can take over, but knowing when those times are is important. sunday, it was time for portis to take over.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Kevin on December 10, 2014, 11:23:29 am
i am not ready to throw madden away completely at point. don't want him to play 38 minutes there.

just get him to understand he runs the team, get the ball where we need it.

plus, there are times he can take over, but knowing when those times are is important. sunday, it was time for portis to take over.

If our coaching staff can't even get him to stop that stupid "jump in the air to make every pass" bull, how in the world can they get him to do something so complex??
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hawg Red

In time, Beard will be a great combo guard for us. Nick Babb is going to be everything Rickey Scott was supposed to be, plus some 3 point shooting.

Like it is

All I ask is to give those young cats a shot ! They can't get experience til they get experience ! 6-8-9 minutes a game ain't gonna get it!

Like it is

I know what it is... It gets nut cutting time and Coach A goes with the ones that have been there & who he thinks give them the best chance to win

masshog2412

Beard and Babb both shown flashes of great things and the future is bright...I agree they need more minutes at point and I bet we see their mins increase over rest of non con...personally I'd like that to beard and Madden together so Madden can guard the bigger guard of other teams...while bell and Babb are similar in size with babb showing more defensive quickness and an ability to get into the mid range and hit a tough floater vs ISU.  I would prob start beard and Madden  and see how each group does

Rawker

Quote from: bigred223 on December 10, 2014, 09:42:29 am

No, he needs to put him at the 7 or 8, that being the 7th or 8th seat on the bench.  Been saying it for 2.5 years, and finally heard Mike subtly acknowledging as much in his postgame.  It's time to go with the new recruits....they would have actually won the Clemson game, had they been in the game during the final minute.