Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lunardi's S-Curve

Started by jry04, December 08, 2014, 03:12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

After the loss last night, Lunardi still has us #24 on his s-curve. We would be a 6 seed. UK is #1 and Florida #43.

I do not have a link yet. I opened it from twitter using the scorecenter app. If you try to open with browser it requires an insider subscription.

Also, we are receiving votes in both polls.

Sorry if this is too positive for the forum.

The_Iceman

If we win out this non-conference, we might slip back into the Top 25.

Like the last two years, we start off our conference schedule on the road. The last two seasons, we set a bad tone with blowout losses to Texas a&m. A good performance @Georgia could help this team get on an early run.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 03:15:31 pm
If we win out this non-conference, we might slip back into the Top 25.

Like the last two years, we start off our conference schedule on the road. The last two seasons, we set a bad tone with blowout losses to Texas a&m. A good performance @Georgia could help this team get on an early run.
I was thinking that last night. Even with a loss @ uga, we follow it up with 2 games we should easily win at home. In past years we have had a real difficult schedule the first 5 games or so. This start to the season, after UGA, seems much easier.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2014, 03:23:15 pm
I was thinking that last night. Even with a loss @ uga, we follow it up with 2 games we should easily win at home. In past years we have had a real difficult schedule the first 5 games or so. This start to the season, after UGA, seems much easier.

Winning @Georgia would really help set the tone for our SEC road games. It would be nice to be at least 5-2 going into that @Florida game. (going 1-2 @Tenn, @Mizzou, and @UGA)

Adam Stokes

I don't see us losing again through conference play, which gives us 4 weeks to move back up in the polls.  We should be ranked again by the time SEC play starts.

dsims2k3

Don't rain on their parade.  ;)
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

arkansasstory

It does not matter if we win all the games in non-conference... We will not be ranked until we'd beat someone on the road that is substantial in our conference.

jry04

Quote from: arkansasstory on December 08, 2014, 04:58:47 pm
It does not matter if we win all the games in non-conference... We will not be ranked until we'd beat someone on the road that is substantial in our conference.
Guess you do not realize what happens above us plays a factor, do you? We are only 4 spots out of #25 for the USA today poll, and have a month until we play our next road game. Wemay not deserve it, but we will have a good chance of getting back in before UGa.

Danny J

If we win out in non-con we will likely be ranked again. Not every ranked team is capable of winning all their road games. Not every ranked team is capable of even winning a majority of their road games. Not every ranked team is capable of consistently beating average to below average teams on the road.

Nipsey Mussle

Who decided on that criteria and who made you and only you, privy to it?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 08, 2014, 07:16:15 pm
Who decided on that criteria and who made you and only you, privy to it?

I'm guessing the same people who believe we can both get ranked and also boost our RPI by beating Larry State, Moe Tech, Curly College, and Shemp University.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

jry04

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 08, 2014, 07:32:40 pm
I'm guessing the same people who believe we can both get ranked and also boost our RPI by beating Larry State, Moe Tech, Curly College, and Shemp University.
Again, it is not that hard to understand, but getting ranked is not as much about who you beat, but who gets beat ahead of you. It blows my mind that so called basketball fans do not get that.

Our rpi is currently in the 20s, so I guess I am missing who is talking about boosting our RPI.

3of5-2

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 08, 2014, 07:32:40 pm
Absolutely hilarious.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2014, 08:16:44 pm
Again, it is not that hard to understand, but getting ranked is not as much about who you beat, but who gets beat ahead of you. It blows my mind that so called basketball fans do not get that.

Our rpi is currently in the 20s, so I guess I am missing who is talking about boosting our RPI.

That dude has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.  You can't use facts or logic, because he's going to completely ignore it.  This guy tried to start an argument with me on how hiring in SEC football is equivalent to hiring for SEC basketball, all while rambling about Houston Nutt.  The fact that he doesn't know how RPI works, does not surprise me.

NLRHog92

Definitely too positive for me after back to back terrible losses! Need to get their butts in shape to make something on the season. Or be mediocre and not live up to expectation as usual...