Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we drop the "fastest 40 minutes in basketball" label now?

Started by hobhog, December 07, 2014, 07:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 09, 2014, 12:32:53 pm
He didn't recruit anyone while he was in his last year at Missouri, he was too busy watching his team slip away from him and lobbying for the AR job.  I don't mean that as a slight, but that was his last year at MO in a nutshell. 

The lies that people let themselves believe eventually become reality. This is one of those for Mizzou fans.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: intelligence on December 09, 2014, 12:41:28 pm
Alright, i'm just trying to guage if MA wanted madden at all.

That is a legit question...I do think there was some pressure on him to keep that class together due to the ranking of it.  don't honestly know if he would have recruited Madden on his own or not or if he thought he was a system guy.  Legit question.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 09, 2014, 12:45:34 pm
The lies that people let themselves believe eventually become reality. This is one of those for Mizzou fans.

It is the truth, other than Otto Porter no other names were associated with Missouri recruiting.  We had a front row seat to watching it unfold, and the mighty midget that came in immediately after tried to win now instead of restocking the cupboard, hence all the transfers to fill holes.  That is the reality.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 12:38:17 pm
Yes you do.  I am getting really tired of your passive aggressive bs, but to be honest I'm so disappointed in my own people right now I just don't have the energy to mess with you.  You get a pass.

No I don't.  He wanted his dream job and he went after it.  That it might have been to the detriment of the school I root for doesn't help things, but he and by extension AR fans got what they wanted.  Until Missouri joined the SEC, I was very much a dual fan.  Now that I have to choose Missouri gets most of my attention, but I have watched the hogs for so long that it is hard to just stop cold turkey and as long as they aren't playing Missouri I still maintain some rooting interest in them. 

Paul

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2014, 01:35:28 pm
vcu made the final four playing this way.
I have to disagree with you.  I've watched quite a few of VCU games in the tourney the last few years.  Shaka Smart pushes initially but his teams can score in the half court too.  Big difference!

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

pigture perfect

Quote from: Paul on December 09, 2014, 02:02:28 pm
I have to disagree with you.  I've watched quite a few of VCU games in the tourney the last few years.  Shaka Smart pushes initially but his teams can score in the half court too.  Big difference!
I agree.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

phadedhawg

I haven't seen enough from our press for us to use it as our standard defensive scheme.  Every team has been exploiting our press defense.  All it does is make average teams look good.  I don't see it helping much

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on December 09, 2014, 02:05:54 pm
Missouri made the Elite Eight playing this way.

wow 2 teams out of how many different ones in the elite 8 and final 4 the last 7 years?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

It's going to be 40 minutes of pulling my hair out until a point guard steps up and assumes the leadership role. Madden is not a true point guard and never will be. He needs to be at the shooting guard or small forward positions, plain & simple. When he can catch and shoot or make a move in rhythm without having to think he's pretty solid.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"