Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a new coach won't help

Started by lefty08, December 07, 2014, 07:28:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: lefty08 on December 09, 2014, 08:13:12 pm
It's a pass that is made thousands of times a season against the press. The decision wasn't bad, the execution was. And you are dumber than I thought if u r trying to say our press isn't effective

Well Lefty you are showing you don't know sqat about a press. What he did was the last thing you should  and if you say he did right.... You are saying you agree with the wrong teaching of what to do. If you can pass over the press before the pressure arrives that is a different story and obviously not the case.

I did not say our press was not effective. I have said all year that we don't have a smothering press ; therefore, they pass over our press and have the numbers on us. So, it definitely could be a lot better. If you would have explained anything instead of making up things I didn't say, you would have been more creditable. I have said that we are doing a better job of getting back after they beat our token press.

lefty08

Quote from: mhuff on December 09, 2014, 08:22:05 pm
Well Lefty you are showing you don't know sqat about a press. What he did was the last thing you should  and if you say he did right.... You are saying you agree with the wrong teaching of what to do. If you can pass over the press before the pressure arrives that is a different story and obviously not the case.

I did not say our press was not effective. I have said all year that we don't have a smothering press ; therefore, they pass over our press and have the numbers on us. So, it definitely could be a lot better. If you would have explained anything instead of making up things I didn't say, you would have been more creditable. I have said that we are doing a better job of getting back after they beat our token press.

I'm not arguing with you, it's not worth it. Bell was trying to hit the open man in the middle of the press. The rotation was actually late and it was a great athletic play by the defender and he jumped and tipped it. Getting the ball to the middle of the floor is in fact the way to beat the press. The biggest issue is where bell received the ball, which has been the argument for the most part. There wasn't a point guard in the game to deliver the ball in the first place, which Mike has admitted as much.

As far as our press not causing turnovers that's just wrong. Even though I agree they throw over the top a lot on us, not all presses are designed to get steals. Our press we run most f the time is designed to get into the legs of the opposing team and speed them up. Different presses do different things. If that means I don't know anything about basketball then so be it
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Smithian

One, Anderson isn't getting fired this season. Doubt even a 2-16 type SEC performance would do him in.

Two, if he is fired, just erase names like Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens, and Gregg Marshall from your brain and learn names like Steve Prohm and Michael White.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 08, 2014, 07:00:08 am
Most schools fire coaches that are not getting it done.

There is nothing more to basketball than wins and losses.
Tell that to Bruce Pearl, Travis Ford, Kevin Sampson.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 09, 2014, 03:07:18 pm
That is not the term that is utilized any more and person-first language is also prefered.

Sorry,  I don't speak your freaky moon language.

Sivad

Quote from: Smithian on December 10, 2014, 11:00:42 am
Anderson isn't getting fired this season. Doubt even a 2-16 type SEC performance would do him in.
It wouldn't.
Anderson has handcuffs at Arkanss that cannot be released.