Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am a Mike Anderson Guy

Started by WilsonHog, December 07, 2014, 06:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2014, 12:35:42 pm
No darn.  I'm familiar with Dayton and if we don't play well we could lose.  But as a Mizzou fan, you should know how this works.  Just when things have gone badly, here comes a great performance usually at home.

This is true...just enough to get everyone ready for the next head scratching loss.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 09, 2014, 10:58:15 am
So 3-0 on the road to this point was your expectation?  Or maybe 2-1?  Or is it just the way it happened?  1-2 is the end of life as we know it?

Seriously, no fan was more disappointed in the losses than myself, but this is basketball.  Two games is nothing.  One bad loss, and I'm not talking about Clemson, isn't going to ruin the season.

I shouldn't be surprised by the reaction I see on this board, but I actually kinda am.  This is foolishness.

2-1 was my expectation after Iowa St., Clemson, and Dayton.

What I really expected is that if we were up six with a minute to play at Clemson, we would finish the game - not look like we looked for the last several years.

"End of life as we know it?"

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2014, 06:55:51 pm
What is disturbing, there is a stoppage in play, players huddle around ma. Clemson inbounds the ball Harris immediately fouls. Ma looks at him like what are you doing.

How does that happen? That is what is troubling to me.

I think the players like MA but they do not fear him the way they need to.  They should have come out at Clemson, looked around that empty arena, which should have given them huge resolve to punish a program like that.

Mike gets them around him and tells them stuff that they are really not listening to.  That troubles me.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 09, 2014, 02:33:13 pm
I think the players like MA but they do not fear him the way they need to.  They should have come out at Clemson, looked around that empty arena, which should have given them huge resolve to punish a program like that.

Mike gets them around him and tells them stuff that they are really not listening to.  That troubles me.

His facial expression is typically one of frustration.  Nolan's was one of ANGER.  You got the glare when you made a few bad mistakes, and the players knew without even a word being said. 

Sometimes I wonder if MA watched that for enough years to resolve not to coach that way, but he went at little too far the other direction.  I don't want to see Bobby Knight out there, but I'm not sure what tools he has to get maximum effort from the kids other than relying on their self-pride. 

Truly..I'm sick of picking it apart and trying to figure out what's missing.  I just hope we improve and MA gets it done. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.